It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police are raiding multiple activists homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
BREAKING POLICE ARE RAIDING MILTIPLE ACTIVISTS HOMES IN MINN. RNC CONVENTION PROTESTORS...

Seems like we are already in a state of "emergency" in the US the constitution seems to have been set aside totally.

Crackdown begins: Food Not Bombs house among Saturday raids
By Paul Schmelzer 8/30/08 9:41 AM
Minneapolis Police Department officers stand guard outside the Food Not Bombs house. Photo: Jeff Severns Guntzel

MnIndy RNC reporter Jeff Severns Guntzel is at the Minneapolis Food Not Bombs house, which was raided by police this morning. Facts are still coming in, but Guntzel says that at 8 a.m. neighbors near the home, located at 2301 23rd Avenue South, reported hearing a loud bang followed by yelling. A single police squad car was parked out front. When Guntzel arrived he saw eight or nine officers enter the house in what he says is a joint operation between officers of the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department, the Minneapolis Police Depatment, and the FBI. According to one witness who was in the house at the time of the raid, the action is related to last night’s raid on the RNC Welcoming Committee’s “convergence space.” Several other spaces have been raided this morning.
www.minnesotaindependent.com...

Here is a interesting video for you some of the aftermath
Inside the raided "RNC Welcoming Committee" center
www.youtube.com...

Widespread police actions on eve of Republican National Convention
www.theuptake.org...

police state in action

is anyone going to do anything about this? pleas help

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The only thing anyone can do at this point is armed resistance.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think I'm missing something here. What exactly did the guy or group do to warrant the police raiding them?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Isn't this group that was raided part of the group that was already found to have been stockpiling riot gear, smoke bombs, urine and feces to use in a riot? If this is the case, and I'm not sure it is as I'm going from memory of what I saw on the news, then they rightfully should be raided. There are many groups out there that are just looking to start trouble at the convention.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
let's see.. the Municiple police, the Sheriff personnel and the FBI all coordinated to raid the house?

wonder why they kept a static, focus point, that cold be raided...
sensibility would suggest that a moveable HQ would be the proper thing

so that it would be extremely difficult to bust the people and their supplies in one fell swoop. ~lack of foresight is my opinion~

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They are a bunch of kids and anarchist. They used those meeting places because they can not afford hotels for an extended stay for the most part. They car pooled to the area, use communal flop houses and are known anarchist. The Sheriff hauled off everything they could possibly use to start trouble and took their main hot heads into custody.

I am a big defender of first amendment rights to peaceably assemble but if you are going to head to a peaceful gathering with urine balloons, smoke bombs, and cans of spray paint you are not there to be peaceably are you?

Anarchist phuk up peaceful gatherings all the time so I have little problem with preempting their BS except that they did not need to act as hostile as that with these kids. They could have gone in with their guns holstered in a more peaceful manner to serve their warrant. Their manners are that of bullies and only serve to infuriate a bunch of hot heads. I expect some of them will tool up again at the hardware store before they head to their marches to start trouble.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Is it illegal to have protective gear such as Riot Gear?

I know of a few places where you can get Riot-styled gear such as leg/shin guards, hard knuckle gloves, shoulder and arm protection etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A few things here -

1. There is nothing wrong with exercising your 1st amendment rights in a PEACEFUL fashion.

2. The individuals who were raided were either known anarchists or their associates in one form or another. Their purpose was not to protest peacefully but to disrupt and cause as much chaos as they could. Some of the groups targeted had a history in this area. Obviously they are quite frustrated that the majority will not listen to their message or side therefore they resort to disruptive tactics which in case further diminishes their lack of credibility.

3. Accolades to law enforcement for nipping this one in the butt before it was allowed to fester.

new topics

top topics

join