It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the implications of being poked with a needle dosed with radioactive isotopes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I saw something about this in a book i read but they were supposedly putting them in peoples cars buried in the seat to give them cancer

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
which book a sci-fi?? more details please ..

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Extra-Terrestial friends and foes
author George c Andrews

The man who was supposedly cia said this group of nsa hit men took care of people with theese radioactive needles planted in car seats and other places

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
In the late 80s there was a hoax about syringes filled with HIV infected blood being placed in the seats at movie theaters. This sounds like the same thing to me.

What makes your post even more silly is the fact that cancer can't be injected into someone.

And before you say anything, yes, you're silly, you silly goose!

DC

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It is true that most people are insensitive
but when you get poked in the arse with a needle you know it.
and you do soomthing about it. I smell a hoax

tut tut

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
this is not a hoax
its something i read
in the book they dont mention being poked just placed in areas very discreetly

you dont think the black ops cant give you cancer
my guess is ur wrong
the nazis worked on giving cancer covertly to kill people even before wwii started

i was just wondering what would happen if u got poked with it
modern medicine uses isotope needles to treat certain forms of cancer
i have confirmed this with people who work in the field of medicine
prostate cancer is one of them
as a note i dont make postings just for fun or to create a hoax....

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
the nazis worked on giving cancer covertly to kill people even before wwii started

Actually, the Nazi scientists did incredible work on the prevention and the cure for cancer. Of course, they may have had interest in learning of its capability as a weapon as well.

But cancer would be only effective as a weapon in the long, long term. It just takes too long to develop and kill someone. If it were weaponized, it would be used to destroy a civilian populace, and not the immediate threat of an opposing military force.

But I still don't believe you can 'inject' someone with cancer. Maybe cancer causing agents, but not the disease itself. It is neither a bacteria nor a virus. It is a genetic anomaly.

DC

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
everyone has to remember, cancer is not just one disease, it is many, so it depends on what form of cancer this person is talking about. I believe it is possible to inject someone with cancer, but it has to be altered well enough to specifically attack cells and multiply. Anything's possible that this day and age.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
I saw something about this in a book i read but they were supposedly putting them in peoples cars buried in the seat to give them cancer

Well, the implications are these:
1) some people are extremely gullible and will believe almost anything.
2) general knowledge about medical things is pretty shabby.
3) people will write books about all sorts of things that aren't true.

So, some REAL facts:
* you're constantly getting radiation dosages from everywhere -- more than could be delivered by a single needle stick.
* it takes huge doses of radiation to cause cancers and so forth.
* people are injected with radioactive chemicals as part of medical tests for certain things (I've had it as part of cardiac testing.)
* there's not a single cancer, but many different types.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That would be a stupid way to kill someone. Only huge amounts of radiation can cause deadly radiation poisoning, but we're talking about doses that are only carcinogenic.
Cancer would take at least a month to kill someone. This means that when the doctors diagnose you early enough, you can still be threated. There are much better chemicals to put into a needle to kill someone. Overdoses of hormones like EPO (it stimulates red blood cell creation and thickens your blood, giving you a higher chance of an heart attack) or insulin can kill you.
There are also a lot of biological poisons that would be much quicker and difficult to detect. The technological not so advanced secret service could even use solutions of heavy metal scrapings like lead to kill someone.
The conclusion is that it's possible, but very unlikely because of the problems presented by Byrd and the fact that there are way more efficient ways to kill someone.

new topics

top topics

join