It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racists come out of the woodwork for the election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I haven't expereienced so much racism in years as I have these past few months and more specifically these past few weeks regarding this election.

It's disgusting. I thought we were making progress. I'm not going to post what all I've heard but I can tell you that racism is definately alive and well in America, even if you choose to think otherwise.

Why are folks so full of hate? If it's not the African Americans, it's the Mexicans, or the Jews, or the Asians, or the Native Americans, and when that wares out they move towards hating the gays. What is with all this hate? We are all people. All of us. We have 99.999999999% the same genes.

What the hell gives?

I could post example after example of what I have come across (I work in a field where I am out amongst the people) and it is sickening the things I have heard people say.

I think racism still exists just as much as it did 45 years ago, only it's more hidden now. It's implicit.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I've noticed it a lot more also. Seems as if race, sex, and age discrimination are definitely on the rise. But also on the other hand, people are calling nondiscriminatory statements as discriminatory simply because the person the statement is being directed at is a protected minority.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Your right, the racism in this country is really getting to me too.

When Mayor Ray Naggin stated that “New Orleans will be Chocolate Again” I couldn’t believe my ears.

When a black rapper went on TV and said “Bush Hates Black people” I was just dumbfounded.

When Louis Farakan said, “All White People Need to be Killed” I was extremely upset and realized who the enemies of America really are.

When Obama’s pastor constantly makes racist comments in a so called Christian Church that was when I realized where all the racism these days comes from.

It comes from black politicians, black religious leaders, and black rappers. Heck, most of the racism that I see today comes from blacks, not whites.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think you are noticing latent de facto racism that has existed for a long time being discussed more candidly. Nothing really has changed underneath. P.C. attitudes and antidiscrimination laws helped swept it under the rug for awhile. The Northern U.S. is going through a revival of bigotry in large part due to the induced illegal Mexican panic. I know it because I'm living it.

We have 99.999999999% the same genes.

Doubt it. That's more precision than there are genes.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well when it comes to racism, you can't necesarrily point fingers at a certain group starting it all. There seems to be a subtle racial undertone in every group. This is apparent in our prison system. We have white supremacists, black racists groups, and brown pride etc. To point fingers at "whites" or "blacks" as the fountain of this country's growing racial tensions is just ignorant.

I can point out several times when I was in high school where i heard racial slurs being flung around by everyone to everyone, these included ni**er, cr**ker, b**ner, ch**k and sand ni**er. Each one coming from different "racial" groups, each one founded on idiotic beliefs of racial difference, or racial inequality. And even innocent racial remarks like, white people can't dance/jump, black people naturally play base, asians are great at math, mexicans run around and get people pregnant, heck, even i got called a twinky *yellow on the outside, white on the inside* and i thought that was a little ill humored. To break free from the shackles of such an ill would be to deny ignorance, and to do that, people need an open mind, sadly, few of those exist.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have traveled around the country in many spots many people could not find on a map. Racism is still around, just not seen by many outsiders, and the media sure isnt brodcasting it "as it is". Yes its a shame that racism is still there, it will never die out, or go away. It I beleive is built into us. "Bird of a feather flock together"

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What I see is the news media stirring the pot along with a few individuals. People discuss the news. If racism is the top news story people will see it as an attack on them and become defensive. That is why innocent remarks are now called racist.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I for one believe that racism is generated by ignorance, fear and a low self esteem. If people were better educated from an early age then things would be a lot better.

A child does not see color in people - they only see people. It is not until their minds are corrupted by adults that they become bigots.

Fundamentalist Christians also have a lot to answer for, often quoting the "Curse of Ham" to justify their racism.

Racism is disgusting in any form, and as I have already stated, it is born out of ignorance, fear and a low self esteem. People call other people names to make themselves feel better. Just pathetic really...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
No, it is not ignorant to say, “It’s mostly coming from ____.” Why? It is because history proves this to be true. But why is this true. It is true because like all propaganda racism is used by the forces in power to gain more control. Whoever has or wants the most power will use racism the most in order to gain it or keep it. It depends on the season who is using it the most to benefit their own agenda. To say otherwise is what is ignorant of the truth.

In Germany during world war two it was the Nazi’s who used racism to further their goals of global domination. In japan at that same time it was the Japanese that claim that the Chinese were genetically inferior to the Japanese.

In world War One is was the Americans and England that used racism against “The Huns” in demonizing Germany and making them out to be no different than the Germanic Hordes that the Romans fought so many centuries ago.

In America’s own past it first was the Europeans who used racism to demonize the Native American’s by calling them savages and people without souls.

Later, it was whites, who published entire textbooks about how the African races were meant to dominated by Europeans.

But now, it is mostly the blacks in America that are trying desperately to gain more power and influence over each other and America itself and so they will use and protect racism whenever it suits their own agenda. As well they will attack anyone else who may point out the fact that they are using racism as a tool for power.

Today, Black Americans will justify racism from Black Politicians, Church Leaders, Artists, and anyone who is also black. At the same time they will claim that any comments against their activities are racist in nature.

It’s the same old game that’s been played time and time before, and no, it is never equal in its use and promotion for that is the essence of why it is used. If it was equal in its usage then there would be no advantage in its tactics and it would be abandoned by all.

Racism is a tool of hatred, and like any other tool of hatred, the ones who use it the most are the ones who usually want to attack their neighbors to gain control of the area. The only thought that is nieve or ignorant is to believe otherwise. For to believe otherwise is a glaring contradiction in light of history.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to comment, that racism isn't confined to just "whites" or "blacks", it's a bit wider and more inclusive than this. To say one group does it more than another seems to me to be adding favor to say one group over the other...isn't the point to get away from lumping someone in a category based on their genetic background? The dominant "in-group" when confronted with something they either don't accept or understand, tends to get a bit defensive, partly due to denial perhaps, blaming the "out-group". It happens in all groups. It shouldn't happen in any group, because we as human beings in a civilized society are educated (or should be), and if not, are able to study multi-cultural issues and learn more about the roots and workings of racism. Getting past the denial part, recognizing that all of us are biased to a degree based on our own races and thus prone to the in-group/out-group process, makes it incumbent upon us as enlightened folk to be aware of the biases and avoid projecting them into our lives with the outer world.

History shows the minority groups are victims of racism by the dominant group more times than not. We see it's effects by those society pushes further back in line. If someone vocalizes the strife they or their family members or friends have suffered as a result of racism, this does not make them racist. If someone gives a public talk and discusses what the effects of racism are, what the history of it has been, and what it will be if not curbed, does not make someone racist. Denial of it may however.

Oh and the clever little under the surface, implicit racist remarks have really been on the march as of late...anyone notice this? Some recognize that it's no longer acceptable to be openly racist, so now they disguise the racism in various contexts that allow for plausible deniability. It's so disgusting, and the election seems to have brought this out...or maybe it's just more salient now to me because I'm more aware of it? At any rate it's icky.

Quite the contrast between the two parties as well if you have had a chance to see it on the tee vee. One is far more representative of the melting pot, and then there's the other one. Seems rather clear to me what party is the most inclusive, and thus where the source of much of what I'm hearing likely is coming from.

Build Community, Celebrate Diversity!

***what I originally posted here, I decided to make a new thread out of:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
All races have racists in them. It must be interesting how these people think. Somehow, a jerk from your own race is just a jerk and not indicative of you or your race, but a jerk from another race is a racial slur and is indicative of that whole race.

A jerk's a jerk regardless of race, and all races are full of jerks. Deal with people on an individual basis, and stop the generalizations.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ThePiemaker]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
Your right, the racism in this country is really getting to me too.

When Mayor Ray Naggin stated that “New Orleans will be Chocolate Again” I couldn’t believe my ears.

When a black rapper went on TV and said “Bush Hates Black people” I was just dumbfounded.

When Louis Farakan said, “All White People Need to be Killed” I was extremely upset and realized who the enemies of America really are.

When Obama’s pastor constantly makes racist comments in a so called Christian Church that was when I realized where all the racism these days comes from.

It comes from black politicians, black religious leaders, and black rappers. Heck, most of the racism that I see today comes from blacks, not whites.

you are 100% true my friend!!!

media and government allows black's in America to spew kill whitey in
mainstream music and movie's.
complete church's like obama based on .
www.tucc.org...

The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.

en.wikipedia.org...

Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy

then add obama..our soon to be president saying "TYPICAL WHITE PERSON"
when talking about his white grandma that said racist stuff.

but to speak up against it..make's you the white man racist lol or a bigot
go figure.

that's why racial hate is on the rise in America... people want to kill us because we are white.
our next president went to that church for over 20 year's. lol
freedom of speech ..took to far if you ask me...
"kill our white enemy " should be took as a threat..or cult if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The answer to the question of why is there racism is simple: divide and conquer. If the ruling powers can maintain this farce of racism that keeps us from standing together in a show of unity against the status quo, then that status quo can be maintained indefinitely. As long as we are squabbling amongst ourselves, we can't fight the real enemy. And that is exactly the way they want to keep it!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

Nice post. There is some serious evidence for this in our history. Recently I finished "A People's History of the United States--1492 to Present" by Professor Howard Zinn. Amazing is his populist aproach, and he presents a lot of evidence whereby the wealthy elites constantly used racism to keep the working class and the poor devided so they could continue to be exploited, repressed, and controlled.

I would most definately recomend that book, however you seem like you already know what you are talking about, and may have already read it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

So youre saying that the "white devil" is causing all of the racism?

I would just like to tell you that youre not only wrong, but ignorant for inferring such a thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

I have not heard of that book until now. My conclusions were formed from my own observations and study of history. It seems pretty obvious, though, once you step back and look at the bigger picture.

If poor whites and poor blacks in America would just realize that we have more in common than we've been led to believe, we could easily overpower the ruling elite just by sheer numbers. But, unfortunately, we seem too numbed down by tv and dumbed down by the public education system to do anything to disrupt our content little McLives and bring about true governmental reform.

And it's not the "white devil" necessarily; whoever is in power has an interest in keeping the lower classes occupied. In many countries these are not white people. Ever hear of the caste system of India? It pretty much has the same effect.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by keeb333]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
its amazing the effect that these posts can have on my worldview. as i don't talk about these things with people in the "real" world on a daily basis, i often (consciously or not) use these posts of all of you to gauge the "consciousness" of the world around me.

the posts that strongly disagree with have a strong negative effect on my mood. i get angry and feel despair/hopelessness when i read what i consider to be "ignorant" posts/attitudes. the world seems to be so wrong, and that nothing will change for the better. but then i keep reading and find so many posts full of wisdom. thank you. positivity gives me hope for this world.

trying to keep us separated cannot succeed, and we are ever evolving away from it. change comes in waves, but things are always evolving towards oneness. we are connected in every way and coexist dependent on each other.

we are not black, white, young, old, good, evil, rich, poor, or any other label we can attach to our truth, because these are only transient, and ever changing in the grand scheme of things.

how can poor people feel rich? how can rich people feel poor? wealth is in the mind. race is in the mind. its all in the mind.

they are only the surface things. inside, we are all basically the same. running from fear and chasing happiness. more or less. we just have different ways/interpretations on how to achieve these two things.

we are human, we are brothers, we are children of the universe, we are the same, and we are one.

there is no other.

top topics

join