It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Bid To Stop CERN Atom Smasher From 'Destroying The World'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well If it does decide to destroy us, Then i bid you goodbye ATS

Anyways, I'm sure the last few seconds would be a site to see.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by baburak
Who cares if it will destroy the world
... if it does we will be "too dead" to care ..... if it doesn't it will be interresting to see the progress of this experiment. Anyway it will be worth $4.4$ billion in any case
except if it will just froze
... let's wait 10 more days and see ... or maybe more ... if it will destroy the world they won't tell us anyway ...

Sums up alot of peoples feeling here i would assume and including mine. Why should we care, these know it alls think they know everything. Just let them do it, why should anyone care.

Hah, well if you dont like to live thats cool. But im pretty sure most of us want to live past 2012, or to next year for that matter.

By your logic, it dosnt matter if all life and our planet is destroyed, because hey, we want have to feel it right? So it dosn't matter... lol.

But, im no armchair physicist, my opinion is that we should not mess around with something we dont understand properly, and in saying that, i mean something that you know has the chance to destroy the whole planet.

In the same breath though, this should provide amazing discoveries.

I just get worried about the amount of money put into this and scientists 'blind curioisity' and hope to hell they're thinking this through and not just keen to see the results.

Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XxD.J.P.J.xX

No one has mentioned the possibility of sabotage. What if one of those scientists looses his marbles and turns off some of the safety features.
Or maybe the scientist could feel that the research is going to be used for military purposes.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
couple of the scientists involved in the first atomic bomb programed warned that if we detonated it, a chain reaction would cause the entire atmosphere to burn. Think Al Gore but about the first nuke....

worldwar2database.com...
On July 14, 1945, the bomb was detonated in a test in New Mexico. The scientists had no idea of how much explosive power the bomb would have; ideas ran from a dud to setting the atmosphere on fire.

Research it enough (not on that site, that's just the first outside back up I found and it's just fluffy) and those guys had math to back it up.

I'm not worried. If it causes the end of the world, then the new 90120 will only have one season, and we'll all be better off.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have a lot of mixed feelings about CERN and it's approach. On one hand it appears a technological marvel and will surely give many new insights to our existence. On the other hand, those insights are derived from a basic thought of "Hey let's smash stuff together and see what happens!".

So there's something unknown to us, we don't know what it will do or can do and we decide to smash it together as fast as we can! Those particles are so tiny, we are so advanced and have a controlled environment, what can possibly go wrong? Maybe we'll create new particles that escape CERN, are impossible to control and when inhaled will create all kinds of disease, and last but not least will continue to exist for several hundreds of years? What if there are things like bacteria in the testtube that will contiminate CERN, at some point respond with the particles and mutate into something we can't even imagine?

Originally posted by Vehemens
The Atom smasher will only prove there was no stupid Big Bang and the Universe is not expanding... you'll see

Even if the universe was not created according to the Bigbang, new theories will emerge about how the universe moves. Maybe even something which no one is able to imagine right now but might be after deciphering results from tests at CERN. I expect the universe is expanding and contracting for ever myself (one cycle of contracting/expanding matter is triumphant, the next cycle antimatter going on forever), I doubt it was created by an entity such as God or that it is something that remains mostly the same forever.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Boy after reading that last post I forget what I meant to say... Humm....
well, oh yeah, *Snap* Im back, I had migraines ended up in the ER 2 days in a row when they tested the system last month, I have to say I am concerned and have pain meds ready.

Where is that link to the realtime count down? If there is a problem what would be the time before it affects people?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well check this out. A channeled message regarding this event. Check item number two. www.kryon.com... It's pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The Earth will not end any time soon. There will be fascinating new discoveries made in the LHC shortly which relate to the nature of time and space. We are now witnessing the birth of time travel.

This adds credibility to John Titor's claims.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lindazkewl
Well check this out. A channeled message regarding this event. Check item number two. www.kryon.com... It's pretty interesting.

Channelled, eh? Well, you'll have to forgive my skepticism...but I can't seem to summon the willpower to consider believing it at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think their "findings" will "prove" somehow that God doesn't exist. If 2012 does really happen, then before that date Satan discredits God and deludes everyone into thinking that. I think the Collider does have something to do with the End Times, but we won't see it initially.

And always keep an eye on where the leaders will be as those are the safest place(s). But getting an accurate placement on them at a given time is another story.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A blackhole is an infraction to the other realm
that which Satan exists in after creating Man
to attack the more powerful Overlord by using Humanity as a Weapon
in which Satan cannot exist on Earth because he is also Evil
& his escape to Mars is eminating to make a New Race of Evil
Humanity to destroy Us. - Earth is Evil but only fear Hell
, Mars will be the opposite .
If Satan appeared on Earth we would kill him & the cycle would be infinite(& destroy Earth yes)
- The DarkOverLord would destroy Earth
but if Satan is released to Mars he will build another force to attack
TDO , basically it has nothing to do with whether a Blackhole at CERN
will destroy us its the forces of EVil that it will release &
Earth will no longer be controlled by Helll or the fear of Hell
& Evil will reign, In 2012 Earth is all Evil, & Mars is Reborn,
which is the real force behind the destructions of Earth
by the New Mars. stopping CERN will kill Satan & destry Earth
Yes Its the opposite , Satan created Good in Evil in fear of EVil,
& we are in a blind of Good as Satan leaves parts of EArth maybe
attacked by TDO & only stop after his fixation on Satan on Mars ,
. ( the new beginning is our rule under the TDO ,.
fear no evil! TDO & GOD are the same being, great overlord
of darkness, if Satan finds the ship of GOD & succeds
in telepoting into it,'the end!" it will occur ilike Atlantis
THE END! in 1 day - we are the DO army GOD army, we attack evil in evil,
in a blackhole time maybe instant, no matter size, antigravity is only weaponary basis, soon we'll be free and all be revealled

warriors of light

'open your minds, & wallets, confusion tactics in play & hey I get nothing out of this.', I am materialist Satan & will not kill my love'

Satan will be all powerful over Mars

in that 1 second the entire Earth will pass thru the blackhole

the Earth is in a warp travel, it's moving fast & is in a blackhole,
in sense we're rolling down a hill. The world should stabilize normally & we are in speed away from something very bad, yes, sentient living space

this is your captain haha buckleup! we're comin outta warp!

anything to end the 2008 election

[edit on 6-9-2008 by hoverboarder]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Mysteries always occur around very dangerous things that could start a chain reaction to knock out human life as we know it (see nuclear anomalies all over the world with warheads being disarmed). It'll probably happen again on a larger scale if there's any danger. Call it fate, call it UFOs, call it sabotage... it's something.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Awesome photos of that CERN project.

The end of the world has never look so pretty (just kidding).

www.boston.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Looks like they couldn't stop them. It is switched on and running.

CERN activated

Hopefully all goes well and nothing bad happens from this.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
just think of the benefit of 4.4 billion dollars for world poverty or helping the needy

Yes we can spend this $4.4 billion on world poverty and the needy, but then you must ask yourself this, where do we go from there? $4.4 billion will help poverty as much as the solar cells on my calculator will help power New York City.

The poor will always be poor and directionless no matter how much you help them or money you give them and that's due to lack of motivation.

BTW, we're way off topic and MPO of the suit to stop CERN is utterly ridiculous. The "mini black holes" that these physicists are looking to create are so unimaginably small w/ so unimaginably small mass and time to exist, it doesn't take a physicist to tell you that these black holes won't even have any effect on subatomic, atomic or molecular level much less the entire world.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh my god...oh my god...oh my god. I can't believe this. How can Columbus risk the lives of all his men by sailing off the edge of the world to prove it's round. Everyone with an ounce of sense knows the world is flat. With our luck he will evoke the wrath of the demons and the will kill us all. Doesn't he realise he is putting us all at risk.

Enough said.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Do black holes even exist to be a worry in the first place?

The experts are always quick to conveniently brand anyone who questions the black hole as a crackpot. Unfortunately for the experts that does not alter the facts. The experts must also include Schwarzschild himself as a crank since his paper invalidates the black hole outright, as does Brillouin's, and Droste's. They must also label Einstein a crackpot, because Einstein always rejected the idea of the black hole, claiming in his research papers and other writings that it is not physical, and that singularities in the field nullify the theory of General Relativity.

Big Bang Busted!

Just recently the mathematician Stephen J. Crothers who wrote all the info on that page became a member of ATS when a thread was made on his findings,which can be read here
He joins the conversation on page 2.There is also other info within that thread which severely questions (check out the video documentary concerning redshift in this post by the member squiz.Certainly made me go hmmmm? to what we are told to be the truth in cosmology etc and those scientists who speak out against it can lose their jobs,as is shown in part 1 of the doco.

Thing is we as average joes (well the majority of us) rely and trust heavily on be told the truth,yet we also know they dont always tell us the truth.As I dont have a brain the size of the likes of Steven Hawkins or Stephen J. Crothers and the vast majority of us dont.Though Stephen J. Crothers on the ATS thread above has simplified his math for people with limited education (which is still beyond my level) to check and find the answer themself,that black holes are based on false math.

I too was concerned with all this cern stuff as well,but just maybe being concerned about black holes being formed is not one of the concerns we need to have at all simply because they are flat out false,it maybe something else we should be concerned about.

Just something to keep in mind with all of this.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join