It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Aussie TV drama prepping/hinting us for 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So a new Aussie TV drama started tonight called Scorched.

"Scorched is a major new 90-minute tele-feature and multi-platform drama for the Nine Network and ninemsn set in a climate change ravaged Sydney in 2012.

After 240 days without rain, the city has only two weeks water left. When the city is then ringed by severe bushfires, the question becomes, how do you fight fire when you have no water? "

What immediately stood out was the 2012 theme, then the climate change issues. So some say that the NWO or whatever you want to call it has control over the media and television and all that jazz, is this a sort of test as to how people will react?

Heres a link to the official site:

channelnine.ninemsn.com.au...

Just thought i would make non Aussies aware to it.
Cheers.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
yeah i thought the same thing about the 2012 theme

[edit on 31-8-2008 by blurryone]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thats typical, some people assume all disaster movies have a 2012 theme. Seems like you got the plot, why cant you just accept that its about Sydney not having water and then being under siege from bushfires like it was already described?

Looks like a troll is at work on this thread

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Thats typical, some people assume all disaster movies have a 2012 theme. Seems like you got the plot, why cant you just accept that its about Sydney not having water and then being under siege from bushfires like it was already described?

The show states it's clearly set in 2012, so it clearly has a 2012 theme.

I couldn't agree with you more

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Actually mate, the advertisement does clearly say "5 years into the future" so if you take that to mean from 2008 then it puts it smack bang in the middle of 2012.

Not saying im going to watch it, something about rehashing the same old aussie actors for every 'Brand new series' gets a little boring after a while.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The only conspiracy here is how do people think this is good tv?

Australian drama is terrible. They are lucky if the story is half decent let alone embedding 'secret' messages. geez

It's funny that people look for these so called hidden messages when people have made tv shows/movies based around the WHOLE subject.

PLOT: With the Mayan calendar ending in 2012, a large group of people must deal with natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions, typhoons and glaciers.

2012 Doomsday

On December 21, 2012 four strangers on a journey of faith are drawn to an ancient temple in the heart of Mexico. For the Mayans it is the last recorded day. For NASA scientists it is a cataclysmic polar shift. For the rest of us, it is Doomsday.

If all these 2012 prophecies are going to come true, shouldn't all you die hard believers be watching these movies? If theres ever going to be messages in movies, they're gonna be in these. aren't they???

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I understand that it is set in 2012, but its not a 2012 theme like the OP stated. If you read the TV guide its not about 2012 and the NWO, its about Sydney not having water, bushfires etc.....not to mention totally unreralistic

Ah I guess we cant expect to much from an aussie telemovie

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Don't they say the best hiding places are in plain view?
When they make these drama series I always think they are like information bulletins for those that are paying heed.
We recently had one in the UK called Flood lol so I am wearing me armbands in anticipation. Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Ahhh I get you now hehe. Yeah, in that respect you are absolutely correct.

Why oh why is it so hard to make an Aussie 'drama' that is somewhat half-decent? They even somehow make our accents sound wrong, not entirely sure how they manage to stuff that up but hey, what else can you expect?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Good, glad we cleared that up....Im still a bit confused as why the OP read the plot and thought about 2012 and the NWO over the obvious plot about lack of water?

I guess some people are just convinced that 2012 prophecies will occur....just like the prophecies speaking of disaster in 1000, 1982, 2000, 2004......need i continue?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Good, glad we cleared that up....Im still a bit confused as why the OP read the plot and thought about 2012 and the NWO over the obvious plot about lack of water?

I guess some people are just convinced that 2012 prophecies will occur....just like the prophecies speaking of disaster in 1000, 1982, 2000, 2004......need i continue?

Because some people have what's called and opinion and that was just my opinion and you have yours. And it was not a troll thread i was just trying to let people know that are not living in Aus about the TV show. And I never said it was a prophecy.

I do however think that because it is set in the year 2012 that people are becoming more aware that there could be some global climate changes around the corner.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Jonro]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The only conspiracy here is how do people think this is good tv? Australian drama is terrible.

Agree with you 100% there. If I'd heard one more work colleague raving on about how fantastic Underbelly was, I think I would have gone office psycho. Aussie TV drama is so bad it's painful. I don't know if people convince themselves it's good because of some kind of misguided national pride, or if they really have taste that bad.

Scorched is simply cashing in on people's fear of climate change. And also cashing in on Vince Colossimo's likely short-lived return to fame.

new topics

top topics

join