It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supporters Laugh About Gustav Hitting New Orleans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Politicizing a hurricane is just about the strangest and lowest thing that can be done, imo.

The truth is, WHO BENEFITS? McCain benefits- if we want to get down and dirty, its him who benefits, his vp pick, the
current president- the side show. The cadaver (Chertoff) etc.
Look at us!!! WE CARE! We are on top of the situation, WE ARE THE ONES who come thru during crisis, and not the Dems!!!!!

This buys McCain time to come up with stuff to glorify his pick for VP, and yes, since there are so many stupid people in this country, YES< the show we are watching will HELP MCCAIN when he goes to the convention and all the Bible thumpers give him credit for ALL THE HELP he's provided to those in need *cough*.......

This is ridiculous. McCain could care less about the hurricane and who gets hit. He's buying himself time. And more votes.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

WE ARE THE ONES who come thru during crisis, and not the Dems!!!!!

Indeed they do come through during a crisis. Obama's campaign just laughs about the hurricane, McCain's campaign shows direct support.

Because Obama can't get a photo opportunity, he'll shun this one too.

You're just frustrated because Obama's "perfect, amazing, masterpiece" speech didn't afford him any bounce in the polls after McCain's VP pick.

You're watching your messiah losing his hype before your very eyes. It's because hype can only last so long.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Politicizing a hurricane is just about the strangest and lowest thing that can be done, imo.

The truth is, WHO BENEFITS? McCain benefits- if we want to get down and dirty, its him who benefits, his vp pick, the
Look at us!!! WE CARE! We are on top of the situation, WE ARE THE ONES who come thru during crisis, and not the Dems!!!!!

This buys McCain time to come up with stuff to glorify his pick for VP, and yes, since there are so many stupid people in this country, YES< the show we are watching will HELP MCCAIN when he goes to the convention and all the Bible thumpers give him credit for ALL THE HELP he's provided to those in need *cough*.......

This is ridiculous. McCain could care less about the hurricane and who gets hit. He's buying himself time. And more votes.

So, explain to me how you turned a thread with a video showing a couple Dems chuckling a bit about the fact that a hurricane is hitting near the time of the RNC into a rant about how this is seemingly McCain intentionally buying time and more votes...........and you somehow were able to read his mind and figure out that he doesn't care about people getting hit by hurricanes........this entire thread is as sickening as this post.......

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

And yet if McCain does nothing, he would be slammed as racist and uncaring.

But because McCain is doing something, here comes the cries of "waaa its all for politcal showmanship"

This is an example of the "damned if you do" "damned if you don't" mentality that is applied to the unaccepted political views.

As for Fowler, I wonder if he is gonna laugh at how good this crisis will make the McCain camp look. Yes McCain can botch this but this is such a good opportunity for McCain to show how he will put service before politics (and gain politically at the same time)

Additionally, I bet Fowler and Moore are wondering how the hell would God align events, both man and nature made, to take Obama's acceptance speech out of the news cycle.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
You're just frustrated because Obama's "perfect, amazing, masterpiece" speech didn't afford him any bounce in the polls after McCain's VP pick.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but according to Gallup McCain's VP pick didn't bounce him either. Both saw a marginal increase but Obama is still ahead.

His speech and the overall convention brought Obama-Biden ahead of McCain by about 6-8 points, so I am not sure what you're talking about.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by davion]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
whether they laughed about convention or people of St Louis is immaterial. I just watched local news showing Mcain and Palin touring red cross shelters. And said he would see what he could do to help.

Also apparently will make major points cancelling gop convention kinda hard throwing a party if people are suffering. Im not stupid I realize this is there 2nd chance to show what they can do but so far there doing more then the dems. Being an independent I cant hold Mccain for George Bush screw ups as many and often as they occur if we held it against all republicans they wouldnt be elected for the next 200 yrs.

Only care how he responds and I guarantee there alot of people are watching how he handles this.

Here is a link that impressed me
www.gopconvention2008.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Anyone know what Laughter is? It is a response that happens when we are faced with that which we find hard to accept. The fact that this hurricane will have an effect on the RNC held no where near it is almost meta-political.

I laughed too when I heard that this could be a possibility as in

"OMG.. You have got to be kidding me! So bizarre!"

Not as in "Hah! That's great!"

"Hahaha, so you lost your elderly mother and your nephew that she was looking after, in the flood? hahahaha... So bizarre!"

yeah, that works a treat.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Dem apologizes for joking about hurricane

www.cnn.com (visit the link for the full news article)

(CNN) — Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Don Fowler apologized Sunday for recently joking Hurricane Gustav's expected landfall on the same day as the opening of the Republican National Convention suggested God was on the Democrats' side.

Well, it looks like the man apologized for his actions (although his reason for his comments is a bit sketchy). I'm hoping this will calm some people down, although who knows.

[edit on 8/31/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion

Sorry to burst your bubble, but according to Gallup McCain's VP pick didn't bounce him either. Both saw a marginal increase but Obama is still ahead.

His speech and the overall convention brought Obama-Biden ahead of McCain by about 6-8 points, so I am not sure what you're talking about.

Most tracking polls have the race essentially tied. Zogby, who got the 04 election, has McCain slightly ahead. This isn't very good because most convention bumps go are substantial in all polls.

But don't worry, 90% the media is in it for Obama so there shouldn't be any worry so long as Obama can say the same thing and not go on open forums such as the Saddleback thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve

Jamie reminds me of those teachers everyone hated growing up.

And who would that make you? The immature student who made fun of the fat kids?

Have we really sunken to this depth where laughing about people's lives being destroyed by a natural disaster is considered funny?

The problem isn't that I lack a sense of humor. The problem is the scumbags who lack any sense of decency.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
From what I could hear of the conversation, I gathered that the laughter was directed at the Republican convention being held while an actual news event was occurring. Likely, the two Democrats were chuckling that the media would be generally ignoring the Republicans, who are desperate for coverage of their convention and some favorable press.
The comments had nothing to do with anything but another Republican misfortune on top of the gaffe of the selection of the vice presidential candidate.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
My post was up for about 100 seconds before I realized my mistake and deleted it. Get a life.

You are just upset because YOU got caught with your pants down.
YOU get a life.
Same to whoever (like I don't know who -
) gave your post a star

I thought the kiddies had already gone back to school.

edited immediately to fix punctuation.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I know a Republican who laughed when his neighbor's cat was run over. Should I make a thread about that?

if you did, you'd hve the same people in there fighting you about it saying that the republican was ACTUALLY laughing at the size of russia's army or that the republican was laughing at the joke the cat told him and that he was unaware of the cats untimely demise

then

tomorrow

the republican would issue an apology statement that somehow rectifies the action in the first place in the minds of the moronic masses themselves, adn the republican goes about his day

every single person reading this now has done and said things MUCH WORSE than the glaring ignorance this thread embodies

The guy was stupid to have said it

and the OP was .. um.. silly...to have created a thread about it.

Whats next? Going to follow people on the streets of NYC and record what they say about politicians, come here and post it, in order to use it against liberals?

to the OP:

when you're able to debate on some real issues, with some real standards, u2u me, we'll set up a challenge match in the member debate forums.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Originally posted by davion

Most tracking polls have the race essentially tied. Zogby, who got the 04 election, has McCain slightly ahead. This isn't very good because most convention bumps go are substantial in all polls.

But don't worry, 90% the media is in it for Obama so there shouldn't be any worry so long as Obama can say the same thing and not go on open forums such as the Saddleback thing.

Looks about the same to me

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OK people, it’s time for a major reality check for a lot of you. ALL of these hurricane "natural" disasters are man-made.

Go here weatherwars.info... to learn how they are engineering these hurricanes . Go to any national or geo-political website if you want to know WHY they are doing it : CHAOS, absolute political CHAOS is the why !

It's time for a reality check, and high time some of you people begin exiting the denial stage. Time to grow up and except that it is, indeed happening. Everything that those people you labeled “conspiracy theorists“ were telling you is coming to pass now. Those "nutcases" were trying to help you people.

The so-called "natural" disaster named GUSTAV was engineered. So was Katrina, and Andrew more than a decade before that. The earthquake in China last May, the earthquake in Indonesia that caused the tsunami, they were man-made UN-natural disasters, just like the AIDS virus. And, yes, HANNA is as well. Geeze fer Christ sake open your eyes! Look at the satellite imagery! Look at the infrared and visible satellite imagery! It’s on every TV station you turn to. Don’t you see it? If you cannot see it, ask yourself why you can’t. Don't you ever look up at the sky anymore? The signs are so obvious Ray Charles could see it, and he’s blind AND he’s dead. So what is your excuse for not allowing yourself to see the obvious signs of weather engineering that are staring you right in the face, plastered all over the news channels, and right in you face above your head every day, all day long? Why is it you refuse to see what they are hiding in plain view all over the media and in the sky above? It’s because you are in a state of absolute denial. The fact that you simply may not be able to comprehend or handle the WHY, why they are engineering these hurricanes does not absolve you of your responsibility to understand that they are, in fact doing it. These hurricanes are a prelude to the next phases which are

An engineered Total Collapse of the U.S. dollar
An engineered Total Collapse of the U.S. Capital markets and banking system
An engineered global bio-pandemic (probably the avian flu)
An engineered magnitude +8.0 earthquake in the U.S. (likely San Francisco)

And these events are just preludes, kind of like appetizers before the main dish. Are you ready for these delectable entrée’s? Here’s the main course:

Engineered chaos as pretext to invoke martial law in the U.S.
Dissolution of U.S., Mexico and Canada.
Establishment of the NAU - North American Union (new currency is the Amero)
Foreign troops enforcing martial law on U.S. streets
FEMA trains to ship non-cooperatives and resisters to the FEMA camps
Mass extermination of 180-250 million American Citizens
Dissolution of the NAU - Establishment of the Illuminati’s NWO - New World Order

All this is slated to happen in the next 3 ½ years, so buckle your seatbelts. Its gonna be a real bumpy ride for a lot of you who simply cannot allow the truth that is staring you in the face to be true.

IT IS TRUE. SO GROW UP !!

STOP ACTING LIKE A PETULENT CHILD AND ACCEPT WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU !!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
All Republicans are abortion-clinic bombers. There OP, doesn't that sounds equally ridiculous to your "Obama Supporters Laugh About Gustav" title?

And just so this won't be a one liner - does any one recall that conservative minister trying to get thousands of Christians to pray for rain on the night of Obama's acceptance speech? Is it not highly ironic that Gustav should come not during the DNC but rather the RNC. . . causing it to have to re-arrange a great deal of its schedule?

"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need" - the Immortal Mic Jagger

Just thought I'd throw that out there

^o^ Wikistar

[edit on 9/1/08 by WickedStar]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The so-called "natural" disaster named GUSTAV was engineered. So was Katrina, and Andrew more than a decade before that. The earthquake in China last May, the earthquake in Indonesia that caused the tsunami, they were man-made UN-natural disasters, just like the AIDS virus. And, yes, HANNA is as well. Geeze fer Christ sake open your eyes! Look at the satellite imagery! Look at the infrared and visible satellite imagery! It’s on every TV station you turn to. Don’t you see it? If you cannot see it, ask yourself why you can’t. Don't you ever look up at the sky anymore? The signs are so obvious Ray Charles could see it, and he’s blind AND he’s dead.

Wow they make drugs to help you I suggest you seek some help. IN total seriousness paranoia is a serious illness.Normally i wouldnt call people crazy but again wow. You seriously believe this? This reminds me of the medieval ages where everything that went wrong anywhere was gods punishment for some kinda evil done.The only difrence is instead of god the government has become all powerful and can perform miracles plagues, famine, earthquakes weather oh and im sure can also cause meteors to fall out of the sky as omens as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join