It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supporters Laugh About Gustav Hitting New Orleans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Former DNC Chairman Don Fowler laughs at New Orleans while talking to Congressman John Spratt of SC. You can't hear Spratt but he chuckles along with.

Isn't it refreshing to see Dems portrayed how we know they are rather than how the MSM wants us to believe they are...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm sure the entire NWO are laughing about it.

This guy just got caught.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Isn't it refreshing to see Dems portrayed how we know they are rather than how the MSM wants us to believe they are...

Here is a movie I find refreshing. It shows McCain how we know he really is rather than how MSM wants us to believe he is.

[edit on (8/31/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I agree, that's an apalling thing to say, to laugh about.

I think it's a huge and false stretch to apply what Mr. Fowler said to the entire Democratic party. You might as well try to pose his statements as representing all men, or all caucasians....... it would be equally misleading.

Thanks for sharing this youtube, OP. I admit that I had to lean somewhat heavily upon your interpretation of it, as it was difficult for me to hear ALL of the details.

I think we all engage in offbeat humor sometimes...... things that perhaps we are a bit ashamed of later. Hopefully this is one of those examples on Mr. Fowler's part.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Michel Moore was also gleeful about it. Remember, the Democrats invited MM to the DNC in 2004.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
How anyone in this world, politician or not, could laugh at the potential loss of life and millions of dollars in damage surely to be caused in a region that wasn't close to being back on its feet after Katrina is totally sickening.

Most of us who have followed this sham of an election cycle know how corrupt both parties are, but the Democrats are the worst by far this year. Don Fowler is an especially foul man who was heavily involved with the FL and MI vote debacle during the Democratic primary.

He is right about one thing: the timing is perfect. It puts the spotlight on McCain and Palin and will show that they are the ones the US needs during a crisis. Not Mr. Whats-his-name.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Just another example of anything bad for America, is good for Democrats. They know it and actively root for it.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Don Fowler is a Hillary Supporter

Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Don Fowler endorsed Senator Hillary Clinton as the right choice for President

But that doesn't work to slam Obama.

And, by the way, Stuart Shepherd, from Dobson's "Focus on the Family", a McCain supporter, actually televised a message to evangelicals asking them to pray for torrential rain during Obama's speech.

And I must say, you guys are twisting the meaning of this, although I'm sure you already know that. You aren't that dense.

I laughed, too, at the idea that "god" would send a message to the GOP and ruin their "party".

I'm extremely concerned about the people of the Gulf coast. Whose lives are just getting back together, who remember the trauma of what happened to them just 3 years ago. That doesn't mean I can't chuckle at the misfortune of the GOP. And from what I hear, they're handling it right this time. So good for them. Bush is actually doing something.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Which has absolutely nothing to do with democrats taking glee in death and destruction, as long as it suits their needs. Much like in Iraq, they revel and set themselves up to benefit from bad news.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Anyone know what Laughter is? It is a response that happens when we are faced with that which we find hard to accept. The fact that this hurricane will have an effect on the RNC held no where near it is almost meta-political.

I laughed too when I heard that this could be a possibility as in

"OMG.. You have got to be kidding me! So bizarre!"

Not as in "Hah! That's great!"

And I also think that Bush-Cheney have got to be somewhat happy that they have something which requires their direct involvement, so as to limit the exposure of how to honor these men of the party, while at the same time shielding their current candidate from being too linked with Bush.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Rather disgusting video .. politicians are scum..

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So if you use one Democrat to paint a broad brush about everyone when it comes to Gustav, then does that mean I can use a Republican like Rumsfeld to paint a broad brush about all Republican's and McCain supporters saying they don't really care about troops?

After all it's one guy.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My God, talk about blow everything out of proportion, and twist what is being said to meet your own sick agenda.

At no point in either video do either men find the fact that a hurricane is hitting New Orleans again funny. Not once do they say that.

What they DO say is that it is funny how a hurricane is going to be hitting New Orleans at the same time as the Republican convention, when the Republican response to the last hurricane to hit New Orleans (Katrina) was and continues to be appalling. They find the irony of this funny because it was the effects of Katrina which showed the Republicans for what they really were and turned the tide in this country for many against Republicans. They are laughing at Republicans and the Republican convention, not the people of New Orleans. Do you see the difference? Do you see how you're desperately trying to manipulate things again and put words and thoughts into peoples mouths.

Show me a video where either one of them does say it's funny watching people suffer from another hurricane hitting New Orleans and I might be on your side, but not one of these videos shows that. You people are really getting desperate.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Your right. They just laughed and said "God is on our side"..........

Nothing to see here at all .. Well, nothing to see here if your a Liberal and don't want to see your party in action, right?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And I must say, you guys are twisting the meaning of this, although I'm sure you already know that. You aren't that dense.

I laughed, too, at the idea that "god" would send a message to the GOP and ruin their "party".

Then you are just as sick and twisted as they are. At last count 81 people have already died in Haiti and the Dominican Republic from Gustav.

Maybe you should consider seeing a therapist or something if you are that obsessed with party politics that your first reaction to a potential natural disaster is that you laugh because of how it might hurt the opposing party.

Seriously.

It is really a sickness.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethia
What they DO say is that it is funny how a hurricane is going to be hitting New Orleans at the same time as the Republican convention,

Sadly, there is nothing funny about a CAT 5 hurricane hitting New Orleans again, regardless of the timing of the Republican convention.

What's sick, twisted, and desperate is your attempt to rationalize and defend this type of mentality.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

And, by the way, Stuart Shepherd, from Dobson's "Focus on the Family", a McCain supporter, actually televised a message to evangelicals asking them to pray for torrential rain during Obama's speech.

Surely you are aware that there is a MAJOR difference between 'torrential rain' and a hurricaine, aren't you? It should go without saying that one is simply an inconvenince while the other poses serious threats to life and property. There is nothing funny about Gustav, or any natural disaster, and to suggest that it is proof that God is on their side is disgusting, thoughtless, and as Michelle Obama would say 'downright mean'. I guess what it comes down to is that Michelle's statement was a reflection more on the type of people Michelle surrounds herself with than the country as a whole.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
[edit on 31-8-2008 by ClintK]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
the Republicans were foolish (stupid?) enough to schedule their convention during the height of hurricane season (it peaks on September 10) in a city quite susceptible to being hit by a hurricane.

The Republicans did NOT schedule their convention in New Orleans.
You are off by at least a 1,000 miles, is my guess.
Who is foolish (stupid?) now?

I mean, c'mon, what were they thinking? I'd be laughing at the dems if they did the same thing. I think they deserve to be laughed at.

The DEMs scheduled their convention just last week.
It was ALSO scheduled during hurricane season.
So I guess you'll be laughing at them as well?

OY!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join