It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come in if you are an American

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I am a Chinese, maybe you've already known,but I reveal it again.
The Georgia crisis made me have a question for you.
If, only if because I am not a president of China, if beijing stand US position on recent Georgia event, will US support or give our acquiescence let China retrieve our Nansha island group by navy?
Of course all of contract you have signed will be kept.
Could we make this deal?
your answer will be send back to Chinese Forum.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
I am a Chinese, maybe you've already known,but I reveal it again.
The Georgia crisis made me have a question for you.
If, only if because I am not a president of China, if beijing stand US position on recent Georgia event, will US support or give our acquiescence let China retrieve our Nansha island group by navy?
Of course all of contract you have signed will be kept.
Could we make this deal?
your answer will be send back to Chinese Forum.

Emile,

I don't think it works this way.

The U.S. foreign policy is founded on a fundamental principal that human rights of self-government have top priority. People, like Georgians, who are now free from repressive regimes like the U.S.S.R. are supported by the U.S.

The U.S. generally isn't going to weigh China's opinion very heavily when it comes to what action will be taken regarding Georgia. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

And I can almost promise the U.S. would never agree to any deal with China like you suggested.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

will US support or give our acquiescence let China retrieve our Nansha island group by navy?

Sorry, i don't think our media has told us how we should feel about this issue. As soon as they do I will report back and pretend it is my original thought...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The Nansha Islands, isn't that part of the Spratly Island group? Is that what the Chinese call the Spratly Islands?

I would just figure as China rises in power, they can just take it over on the pretense to provide regional security and stability. Too many pirates, hey someone needs to keep them away from important shipping. I guess China can "volunteer" itself to "serve" the region and use whatever natural resource there is to pay for the expense.

I don't think it would be a big political issue in the U.S. on who controls the Spratly's. The U.S. and China are virtually connected at the hip and the two nations are pretty much propping each other up. There might be some China-haters that will scream over it, but China can pretty much absorb the Spratly's without so much as a Pelosi whine.

China better not shoot at any Filipino's though or there will be trouble.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by wutone]

[edit on 31-8-2008 by wutone]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
OK, let me ask directly,
If, China drive all of other countries away from every reefs in Spratly Island group by using force, will USS come to interfere?
No adversary around this island group can compite with China except USS.
all our scruple is where US will stand.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

OK, let me ask directly,
If, China drive all of other countries away from every reefs in Spratly Island group by using force, will USS come to interfere?

If it is seen as an aggressive takeover move to gain more territory it will be condemned by the US and UN. It fundamentally goes against what the USA is supposed to stand for. Nations should be able to live freely without the fear of being bullied around if they are living in a peaceful way.

What would be ok in the minds of the US government that would allow China to secure these islands?
1. These islands do something to hurt the nation of China
2. These islands approach China first

Any other action would be seen as a hostile takeover for territory gain purposes. The USA is again "supposedly" against this type of behavior.

I'm curious as to what you think Emile. Do you believe that larger and more powerful nations have the right to invade smaller countries / groups of islands, who have no chance or way to defend themselves, in order to gain resources and land?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Bugman82]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
may i ask why these islands are important?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
may i ask why these islands are important?

Great fishing and supposedly lots of oil and natural gas.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
My friend I think the reality is that our Government absolutely would agree to that.

In fact I have my belief that our two nations have already come to some basic agreements on allowing China to rise, we aren't building two super highways to import Chinese goods across our continent because we don't have plans for a long term relationship

Alot of Americans believe that the News tells them something and that when our leaders make remarks it is all Real...

But under the table China has provided us funds for our war and the relaity is Russia despite hospitable open relationships in person is far more of a Danger to China and Europe and we are not at all

We did not endorse a one China policy because our leaders have not in private already made these decisions...

There would be talk, and News

but NO the USA will not directly oppose China

You did after all help finance the war that assured Saudi Oil and Iraqi oil would continue to flow to China

Our nations are more economically intertwined than probably any 2 Nations in the world and together we prop the whole world economy, we do not speak openly of the truth, here or in China but there is almost an Alliance between us at this point

America could never invade China, China could never invade the USA it is a natural partnership that assures the US economy and debt and stregnthens China for regional issues.

You can take whatever you want near your borders and nothing will come of it aside from Political Talk

[edit on 7-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

I think we'd much rather give you some foreclosure real estate in Detroit.

Wouldn't that be more attractive to you?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82

OK, let me ask directly,

If it is seen as an aggressive takeover move to gain more territory it will be condemned by the US and UN. It fundamentally goes against what the USA is supposed to stand for. Nations should be able to live freely without the fear of being bullied around if they are living in a peaceful way.

What would be ok in the minds of the US government that would allow China to secure these islands?
1. These islands do something to hurt the nation of China
2. These islands approach China first

Any other action would be seen as a hostile takeover for territory gain purposes. The USA is again "supposedly" against this type of behavior.

I'm curious as to what you think Emile. Do you believe that larger and more powerful nations have the right to invade smaller countries / groups of islands, who have no chance or way to defend themselves, in order to gain resources and land?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Bugman82]

You disapointe me. Historically and legally, the Spratlys Island is belong to our China, this is a problem concerning sovereignty not an aggression. Our Chinese is a peaceful race which have no record of intruding other nation.

The thing we retrieve our Nansha island is far different from Georgia invaded by Russia! Our ancestry found Nansha Island during Song dynasty which from 900 yeas ago, that is why Nansha is our land, whears Vietnam, Malysia, Philipin ask the sovereignty of Nansha island after oil to be found there, the intention is clearly unreasonable and nasty

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

You can have Spratly if you free Tibet and agree not to attack Taiwan

How about that deal?

top topics

join