It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin a Secret Agent for Dominionist Christianity?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Please see link to the OFFICIAL assemblies of God website:

ag.org...

On the left is a search link, type in Joel's Army. The very first found article at the bottom is a resolution where the A/G completely disapproved any and all "hyperfaith, Joel's Army" type movements. Unfortunately, people get carried away without knowing the facts. I am A/G and if Palin is a true A/G believer (See 16 Fundamental Truths and Doctrines of Assemblies of God), which it seems as if she is as well, will be a Godly person with high moral standards that just believes in the right thing. I believe in Separation of Church and State; however, we need Godly character in the White House, whether an individual believes or does not, no one can discount the moral character found in a TRUE BELIEVER and FOLLOWER OF CHRIST whether A/G, Baptist, Methodist, etc. etc. If case people have forgotten, our Founding Fathers meant for this nation to be "One Nation UNDER God" and "In God We Trust." I believe someone including Palin can utilize her personal faith beliefs that has molded her as a person to make proper executive decisions that will lead our country utilizing ALL of our constitutional rights starting with "We the People." Despite contrary belief, she is more than capable of allowing her principals and values based on her own personal faith to be extended in her daily life as a leader of our country without "pushing" her personal belief unto others......

Brandon, Oklahoma

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
this video has been up and down all day. however, it will shortly be on youtube.

A VIDEO OF PALIN ADDRESSING HER OLD HOME CHURCH IN JUNE 2008 [on this page]

Speaking before the Wasilla Assembly of God Church on June 8, 2008, Sarah Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a "Messianic affair" in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

A review of recorded sermons by Pastor Kalnins[found here], the senior pastor of Wasilla Assembly of God since 1999, offers a provocative and, for some, eyebrow-raising sketch of Palin's longtime spiritual home (this is the church she was baptized in a attended for years).

Pastor Kalnins has preached that critics of President Bush will be banished to hell; questioned whether people who voted for Sen. John Kerry in 2004 would be accepted to heaven; and charged that the 9/11 terrorist attacks and the invasion of Iraq were part of a "world war" over the Christian faith, one in which Jesus Christ had called upon believers to be willing to sacrifice their lives.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
More background on the Vdieo

this is...terrifying. does ANYONE want this woman a heartbeat away from the presidency? seriously?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I would guess 80% of churchs in the US pray something similar every Sunday morning, mine does.

I bet it is similar to when they wrote the constitution.

We also ask God to bless America before we give any money or time to charity.

Why does that bother you?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mhc_70]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

because i don't feel comfortable with religious wars. because i find religion cultist in nature? to name just a couple of reasons. let me ask you this. why doesn't it bother you? do you wish to live in a nation like iran or israel, where anyone not a judeo-christian is orstracized and belittled and worse? do you want the atheists among us in a separate country? or worse? do you want leaders meant to represent all the people to be zealots to one cause? why doesn't this alarm you? do you even know what dominionism is? and did you see the video?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
All people that practice a Christian religion are not out to get you. Even Pentecostals. I know quite a few people that worship in Pentecostal churches and unless you sat them down and asked them about their faith you would not know. I have heard for years how "Holy Rollers are always pushing their views on the world and want to convert the masses and this is bad, they need to stop! meanwhile the American culture has backed up people of strong faith into a corner. Don't push your God down our throats they say. But does not American society do just that to these people? Turn on TV See an about every channel the things these people wish not to see. Men and women hardly dressed or not at all. An almost total lack of any moral value. They get told "Well..Turn the channel" But where are the channels for these people? maybe they all should just watch the family channel and the kids cartoon networks.

That give them how many channels to watch? ten maybe? They are just to have that while bikini models are on prime time shows on the rest. What is being pushed on them? Can't go see a movie. Many of these people I know have no issue with rated R movies as long as they don't have nudity. Ir PG-13 movies as long as they can keep their clothes on. Well, you know darn well this is next to impossible. Now this group of people are everywhere pushing the Bible down society's throat but as we can all easily see society shoves a lot more back.

Please understand that yes I am a man that does read his Bible often but I do not go to church. I never found one that I was totally at ease with so I choose to not attend. I do pray daily and enjoy a relationship with my God that allows mt to talk with God like he is an old friend. This makes my day a lot more enjoyable for me, makes me feel better about myself and the world around me. I don't care what they show on TV or movies being I don't watch a lot of either. I don't like watching next to or naked women on TV mainly for the reason If I want to see a naked woman I'll go look at my wife. I get to actually touch her and everything. Looking at other women without their clothes makes me feel unfaithful to her but I don't ask society to change for me. I do get to miss some movies I'd like to see because even in a historical drama they find it necessary to bring in a hooker. 30 years ago they might still bring her in but things just needed to be implied. For some reason it has to be all seen now. I ask what does a sex scene in a movie about the killings at the Munich Olympics? they killed the woman. Did they need to open her robe and expose her?

Like I said. I'm not asking for the world to change for me. Just showing how things go both ways but many choose to only look at one.

Nothing ruins a story like the other side.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by DrumJunkie]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
I would guess 80% of churchs in the US pray something similar every Sunday morning, mine does.

I bet it is similar to when they wrote the constitution.

We also ask God to bless America before we give any money or time to charity.

Why does that bother you?

But some churches ask God to damn America.

And a presidential candidate has gone to a church like that for 20 years.

Obviously that isn't much of an issue though

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
do you REALLY want the iraqis to hear this video? this is seriously messed up.

her message is basically...HER message...not some preacher....

Jesus vs Mohammed

Christians vs Muslims

God vs Allah

This is not the message this country needs to be sending. Period. Thank you very much potential Vice President! But NO THANKS!!

go watch

part 1 www.youtube.com...

part 2 www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-9-2008 by ~Lucidity]

[edit on 3-9-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Both of those are part two.

and it's a destruction of her career because she believes God had a role in her advancing in her career is what I heard. Many with a strong faith will believe like this. I will go after the other video but there was nothing that seemed like she was going to hurt America in her thinking that god has an active role in her life.

Again this brings me to an earlier point. She is in a church that are in the middle of a service. she wasn't saying that God was going to hurt anyone because they were not there. She is not telling people to go out and smack anyone with Bibles.

Is the only way for a politician to calm the population for her to maybe do a pole dance in a strip club while stating God died with the advent of the super smart modern American?

People of faith are supposed to watch all the things they find offensive go on in the world and not way a word but someone please tell them to stop it when they are practicing their faith. The idea that someone openly admits to believing in God should not be a stumbling block. Or maybe it just needs to be watered down do people believing differently don't become afraid. she believes in what many in the south south call some good old time religion. There is nothing to fear from it. They are not out to get anyone. In fact, those door knocking religious people are most often not Pentecostals but rather the Jehovah Witnesses or Baptists. So I can't see where her faith has even that to argue about. Personally I don't have a problem with these people coming to my door and asking if I would like to some to a service. I'm allowed to say no if I want to and they wont send a hot squad to attack me or anything. It's part of their faith to try to open up their church to any and all that wish to attend. The average church don't have an advertising budget and probably wouldn't want to put an ad on in reruns for the Sopranos or CSI anyway being they spend a lot of tie in a strip bars and clubs and they see the need to show these women so the 18 to 35 year old male has something to think about when they go to bed at night.

See, the American people have been pushing their desires down the hard core faithful for years and no all one can say is don't tell me how to live my life when someone tries to voice an opinion. We've been doing it to them for years. As I said I'm not saying the world needs to change for anyone. I just can see both sides and I think that is something that people need to take into mind before they start on how a person of faith is trying to tear the country apart with their irrational thinking clouded by their personal religion.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I haven't got to see the other video yet but I will find it. I would like to add that most anyone of any faith will pretty much believe that theirs is the strongest one. Even the hard core atheist will say that their nothing is the only way to believe and spout examples why. Imagine that someone that has spent their lives believing a certain faith is best. To many the idea that someone will say there is no God is very distasteful but I'll wager that if the non believer was told "No..My faith is better" they would shout that they are being Bible thumped.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumJunkie

topicboth videos are in this topic

there's also another topic with a different video, i think.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

let me ask you this. why doesn't it bother you? do you wish to live in a nation like iran or israel, where anyone not a judeo-christian is orstracized and belittled and worse?

Iran yes, Isreal, no. Are you aware that there are Arab Muslims serving on the Isreali government?

Cabinet: Nawaf Massalha, an Arab Muslim, has served in various junior ministerial roles, including Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, since 1999.[140]

Until 2001, no Arab had been included in a Prime Minister's cabinet, or invited to join any political coalition. In 2001, this changed, when Salah Tarif, a Druze Arab citizen of Israel, was appointed a member of Sharon's cabinet without a portfolio. Tarif was later ejected after being convicted of corruption.[141]

In 2007 the first non-Druze Arab minister in Israel's history, Raleb Majadele, was appointed a minister without portfolio, and a month later appointed minister for Science, Culture and Sport.

Supreme Court: Abdel Rahman Zuabi, a secular Muslim from northern Israel, was the first Arab on the Israeli Supreme Court, serving a 9-month term in 1999.

Knesset: Arab citizens of Israel have been elected to every Knesset, and currently hold 12 of its 120 seats. The first female Arab MP was Hussniya Jabara, a Muslim Arab from central Israel, who was elected in 1999.

do you want the atheists among us in a separate country? or worse? do you want leaders meant to represent all the people to be zealots to one cause? why doesn't this alarm you? do you even know what dominionism is? and did you see the video?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by ~Lucidity]

No, I don't. But I do wish atheists were a little more tactful and understanding that their opinions are no more valid than those who believe in a higher power, ID, creationism or whatever theory you choose to believe.

They are all theories and require some sort of faith and speculation in order to render an opinion that one is more viable than the other.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

there's an atheist in here? eeeeeeeeeeeek!

um where?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by mhc_70

there's an atheist in here? eeeeeeeeeeeek!

um where?

Have you forgotten typing this already?

"do you want the atheists among us in a separate country?"

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

Please run, don't walk to a counselor for anger management and a good dose of anti-racism serum...wow, vile and uncontrolled. Please also consult a bible. Love one another as I have loved you. That doesn't just go for white people.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I very much doubt that Sarah Palin is a christian of any kind.

The convention looked like a third reich pagan fertility ritual to me.
Where Sarah Palin was playing the role of dionysis or Diana goddess of the hunt, bringer of bounty and fertility.

We were witnessing a pagan fertility rite. This is the same naturist crud the Nazis used before WWII in Germany to come to power.

Before you know it all the young girls will be dropping little soldiers for the Nation which comes first. She is more dangerous than you know.

She was no last minute selection. The pageant took a long time to script.

Joe Lieberman was the sacrificial traitor to his party, who realized too late that loyalty is to party and nation, not to a particular person. They used him and then threw him under the bus.

For those who have eyes, let them see, ears let them hear!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I wonder how much difference there is between her views on Christianity and these guys.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Wow, too bad we didn't have it outdoors at night with pots of oil burning all around and loud drumming eh? It needed more scantily clad frolicking maidens too. And where was the OWL?????

BTW, what was your view of Obama's Pageant in Denver? Ya know the Airport there is the centerpiece of the NWO, coincidence? I think not.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

It was a good thing to have the RNC convention indoors. It was the only way you could have heard the "swish" of Palin's speech Wednesday night. It was "all net".

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join