It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin a Secret Agent for Dominionist Christianity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy

There is a need to define what we are discussing;

The rest of this debate pales to this central belief of the dominionist philosophies. If this is based in fact, then we have a truly serious problem with the nomination of Gov Palin to VP of the Republican party.

If this is true then every man in America should be voting for Mitt Romney, With his Mormon beliefs, wouldn't every man in America want a slew of wives?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
" If this is true then every man in America should be voting for Mitt Romney, With his Mormon beliefs, wouldn't every man in America want a slew of wives? "

What does Mitt Romney have to do with the Belief that the Constitution should be interpreted with the Old Testament..??

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheila947
Why is it always open season on bashing Christians? would we even be discussing this if McCain or Obama had chosen a Hindu, Native American, Taoist, Buddhist, Kabbalist? or how about a gnostic, atheist or agnostic? It always seems people are more tolerant of the non-christian religions because we don't want to offend, but its OK to offend the christian and their way of religious practice.

No this only applies when it isn't Obama or some other democrat choice.

Obama can choose whoever and no one will be allowed to mention their religion. He could even choose someone like Palin and all the Obamaphiles will marvel at Obama's abilities to unite the nation.

As it turns out, it really doesn't matter what Palin's beliefs are, it only matters that Palin is on the same team that is running against Obama.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Many people, especially younger minorities, don't realize that the Democratic Party practices more discrimination than the Republican Party. You can tell them all day that Clinton had practically no minorities on his staff while Bush appointed many, hell, they can SEE it, but they still won't believe it.

The Republican Party was organized in 1854 to oppose the extension of slavery. I told a black coworker that and he thought I was full of crap. The next day, after researching it, he came back and grudgingly admitted that I was correct.

All one has to do is open their eyes to the hateful crap spouted out each day and pay attention to who it is coming from. One present example? How about McCain congratulating Obama on his nomination in a television ad. Did Obama break his rhetorical crap to thank him? 'NO! NO! No! '(in my best Reverend Wright voice). Do you EVER hear a Democrat give a compliment to a Conservative Republican without a "but" attached? 'NO! NO! No! ' Democrats, LIBERALS in particular, also lack respect, candor, and manners.

Even on this board you seem to always get the "name-calling" from a Democrat or Liberal first. (What else can you do when your argument or personal attack doesn't hold water and you know it?)

[edit on 1-9-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Why is it so difficult to discuss the premise...?

Does Gov Palin belong to these groups.

If she does, there is a lot more explaining and disclosure to be done, and examination.

If she does not, then who cares...

But let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheila947

If this is true then every man in America should be voting for Mitt Romney, With his Mormon beliefs, wouldn't every man in America want a slew of wives?

No thanks.

One was more than enough.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Obama can choose whoever and no one will be allowed to mention their religion. He could even choose someone like Palin and all the Obamaphiles will marvel at Obama's abilities to unite the nation.

Speaking of which, did you catch the closing prayer at the DNC convention?

It was the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time. The pastor is leading the stadium in prayer, and he's just about to say "Amen" and instead he says, "I'd like to interrupt this prayer...."

Then he tells everybody to close the prayer however they see fit, then he resumes the prayer, and everybody says, "Amen" or "In the name of Allah" or whatever.

So was it ok for Obama to close the convention with a prayer?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetware

listen man, I have found this site is a nest of right wing fringe sociopaths and psychopaths.

I am still trying to find a more balanced site to participate in.

when I first started here, it didn't seem so imbalanced, but as I participated more, I noticed the topics becoming some kind of excuse to propagate Right Wing hate-speech and indulgences in pure delusions.

and I have also found that most, though not all, of the left wing and centrist types are so cynical about everything it's amazing they found the energy in their apathetic being to reply to the urge to go to the bathroom.

seriously, though. even though this post will most likely be removed for 'manners and decorum' or something, I gotta get this off my chest.

these guys amaze me because they contradict themselves constantly:

they will tell you that the american government lied to us about the moon landing, and then proceed to use Bush Administration documents and figures to tell you that the Recession is a lie propagated by the 'Liberal Media'.

I mean, some of the posts I saw here were quite good, until the election started, then it was just constant parroting of Rush Limbaugh and Fixed News.

I wish I knew what was so damned appealing about the GOP that people are willing to completely ignore reality to believe in a world that isn't there.

what gets me especially upset is when they go on and on about the 'liberal media'.

if the news is so liberal, and they loooove Obama so much...

why is it that 90% of political news is about 'people's perceptions that Barack Obama is ________' or on Fixed News, you see Sean Hannity having a weekly show where he just proceeds to lie blatantly about Obama.

you don't see Olbermann doing that. he'll just come on and say that so and so did something really messed up today. he doesn't go on about how unpatriotic McCain is, or how he was so corrupt in the 80s and so on, and how Mrs. McCain 2 was stealing oxycodone from a charity while cheating with McCain who was basically throwing away his first wife because she got sick.

etc. etc.

you don't see books at walmart like 'McCain: unfit to lead' or 'the TRUTH about McCain' or 'McPain: how John McCain will screw us all over if he wins'.

I have yet to see that.

anyway. off-topic rant to tell you that it isn't worth it to do anything more than check the main page for idiocies to laugh over.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This thread seems to have gone badly off-topic. I see people debating separation of church and state, the moral foundations of our country, the effect Palin will have on the election, and other topics. These are all wonderful ideas for other threads; however, this thread is to specifically address the truth behind the linked article.

I can't find any MSM articles referencing the link between Palin and Dominionists, which isn't surprising. Has anyone found any other sources that might back up the Kos article?

To those who are trying to dismiss this based solely on the sources, I'd like to say that your Red is showing. I'm not interested in partisan politics, only in verifiable fact. Regardless of your political persuasion, I would hope that you are as leery as I when it comes to radical religious movements attempting to subvert our government. There is no question that Dominion Theology stands against the beliefs of mainstream Christianity; the only question is whether or not Palin is in fact a member of this school of thought. Let's put partisanship aside and try to get to the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You see, I have responded on this before...

The real Damage from our leaders of recent years... Particularly GW and Cheeny is that

We are looking at our President to be More than a Leader...

We are analyzing these candiates as IF they are supposed to do Jobs...

That they were NEVER Meant to do!

We have a huge Governemnt, the President makes deciding votes, acts as a figure head and bases decisions on the input of MANY other respected and trusted advisors...

as a Guy that runs a business, I don't do anyhting myself, I GET the people who do these things

Obama... is a Bush in a different direction and that's all

other than generalities of opinion, leadership and charisma and ability to... choose staff, a President doesn't need other skills...

A president should NOT be making Economic Plans, or Military Plans etc, etc, et al...

A president should be choosing the people who do and casting final vote on things and infoprmation presented to them by EXPERTS in individual fields or lawws that have gone through a Congress and Senate and those people should also be making decisions based on advisement by EXPERTS and public desires

I hope Palin doesn't have much of a stance on anything because I have endured 8 years of 2 idiots who THINK they knew it all and listened to nobody, a pair who fought a war against the advisements of half the Pentagon and fired and replaced people who's opinions they didn't like

Palin is a good and decent woman and I think...she will listen, I believe her charisma is good and I believe she is smart and moral...

I don't want a president with an "economic plan" it means he will not be listening to Economists, I don't want a president with a war Plan it means he won't be listening to the Pentagon...

Obama seems to have an Idea of his own about everything and it reminds me of the other Bozo...Just to the left and not the right

But what does any individual know beyond their Specialty?

Nothing, nothing at all any of them

A president is a Leader a person of Moral fiber and their Job is to PICK the people who run things and cast decideing votes based on informed opinions... a LEADER LISTENS and Doesn't have their own opinion until they have listened

The Truth is there are alot of secrets, we aren't privy to everything and niether is the people running for office... They get informed when they get there all the sordid details and very opinion they have might well change in 60 days

So basic character and leadership skills, and morality... it's a figurehead position, a position of Listening not of Control

What we Have had... is a Dcitatorship and this is what we are used to...

Obama has an economic plan...goody gumdrops, he either will be a Truck and try and Bully the governemnt to do HIS BIDDING

Like a certain GW did and make his own dictatorship

OR

Our next President will be rational and take Advice from those who know matters well

Palin is the coolest of the 4 in that category, she's wide open...the rest of them have a dmaned agenda... and that is NOT the Presidents Job

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

"Palin is the coolest of the 4 in that category, she's wide open..."

Religious wackos, particularly of all types of monotheism, are anything but "the coolest." They're total fanatics who are thoroughly willing to push the nuclear buttons the moment they find out that the future can't be their zombie-brainwashed beliefs of whatever Messiah whom they're convinced to be imminently arriving to save their sorry butts... Now if we can also do something about the even more monolithic de facto religion that is the National Security State.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Typical that religeon tries to get its foot in the door yet again into the house of politics. But then again if the religeous beliefs of the candidate are being bemoaned at and that people are saying the religeous beliefs shouldn't be used in the white house, shouldn't the people tell the US politicians stop saying "God bless America" all the time?
Isn't saying "God bless" all the time a prayer or a hope anyway?

The politicians in control use this line to make the people believe in what their being told as it goes against God if you believe anything different.

Besides it doesn't matter what people believe coz all they'll believe is what they're told by the God of TV....
All hail the mighty Gods of Fox and CNN........
Bow down before their righteous wrath as you have been sold into slavery willingly by both religeon and the Government working in collaboration to keep you subservient and ignorant of what the world is really like.
Sorry for the rant but I'm having a bad day at the office.....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
OK, this is TOO weird. Just saw on GMA (Good Morning America) that Palin (allegedly) prefers heavy metal music to McCain's Abba and country and western. Yesterday's (McCain and Palin) rally featured AC/DC's FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK as the intro... acknowledged as ususual for such an event.

I wonder if McCain is (secretly) on the same Armageddonistic page as Palin apparently is; assuming she actually is...

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Lightworth]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Wetware

Very interesting article, the more I find about the Barracuda the more I dislike her and wonder what in the heck McCain was thinking when appointing her.

What a joke.

yes, because you're clinging to every single negative idea you can possibly find even though they may be outright lies and rumors.....

However, this is what both sides do. We like to cling to the rumors and the gossip that reinforce our decisions no matter the truth of the matter. We will often times fight and fight to support something that may be completely devoid of fact simply because it's helps the democrats or republicans.

I believe this is one of the single greatest reasons why we have so many divisions within this country. We are so busy clinging to these types of stories that we don't stop the find the actual truth of the matter.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Bugman82]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Sigh, look - Obama is not Muslim, nor is he a threat to your country. How many times and how much evidence do you people need before you understand that? And has anyone noticed the irony in linking him to a pastor that spouts questionable rhetoric (wright) and then claiming he's of a differing faith?

This isn't doing much for Conservative America's xenophobic reputation.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wolfmanjack

Taking an oath means your right hand is raised and the other is on a bible or other holy book,usually held by a minister of a church,same as it ever was.All officers and court officials have to do the same,even the potus.Even to give testimony ,same thing,a minister holds a book and ya swear upon it.Ergo,there is no separation between church and state.The establishment of one brand of god over another is what is prohibited,but the concept of god watching over what you say in court in testimony is older than the usa.The theory was that if you lied under or violated an oath,you'd be punished for all eternity,a fate worse than anything here on earth.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I just wanted to suggest reading the constitution. It does not say there is a separation of church and state any where in the document. It was created in the '70s by our court systems.

Just do a quick google search on the subject.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Look in the Constitution. There is something about the free exercise of religion but nothing about a wall of separation (that phrase came from a letter written by Jefferson, not from the Constitution). Don't worry about religion playing a role in Palin's politics, worry about those who deceive themselves into thinking that their beliefs do not influence their policies.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

The problem is that I did that was the first thing I did, like I did Biden and his links to credit cards industries, I was a brutal with Biden as I am with the Barracuda.

See she has dirty laundry in her closet and issues of abusing the powers of her office.

Just out of spike because personal interest.

Every single issue that comes out deserves scrutiny.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

I cling to negative Ideas like you said because I do not kiss up to the butts of politicians or subscribe to parties lines.

I hold no loyalty to big interest and I do not dream of a long gone America era.

The reality of our politics is dirty, corrupted and for sale.

Washington's politicians are like whores waiting to be bought by the highest bidder and they are not longer necessarily American anymore.

Now they are selling to big foreign interest.

America's politics are nothing than a show while the big powers behind our system of government laugh at the pathetic attempts of the population fighting, debating and separated by party lines.

America politics are not longer for the people anymore and neither the politicians parading like royal birds like the barracuda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join