It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin a Secret Agent for Dominionist Christianity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo
[The source is always relevant.

Hardly. Content is more relevant. If something is a lie, it should be easy to refute.

I am more concerned as to who our next Director of Homeland Security is going to be than whether a Vice Presidental candidate goes to church on Sunday.

That isn't exactly what is being asserted, now is it?

There use to be a time in this country when going to your church, temple, mosque, or whatever the place of worship, was a good thing. When did that change?

It didn't.

But I think most people have a problem with religious fanatics taking the reigns of power.

At least, I do.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Isnt it hilarious that these conservative talking heads are in here bashing the credibility of the KOS?

The SAME conservatives who just a few weeks ago were praising the journalistic abilities of *ahem*

THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER

for uncovering the truth about John Edwards?
Here's a pin and paper
write down what you say today - so you stop forgetting what you said when tomorrow comes around
If this bothers Mrs. Palin - there is a very simple easy and fast test she could take to prove these stories wrong.
IF she chares that is.

Personally - i don't care. Its not an issue to me. Why?

Because Mayor Palin has done and said MANY other things that give me reason enough to despise her very existence in the world of politics.

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew,

Lets start with that last little bit. Exactly how many years have you been "despising" Palin? Obviously you have thoroughly researched her and decided that well before she became the Rep. VP that she was EVIL, right?

As for the Enquirer, do you really want to bring that up? Who was caught cheating on his cancer stricken wife? Who admitted as much? One of your Party's golden boys, that who. The Enquirer actually reported the TRUTH, how dare they do that for a change huh?

Here's a part a I find really choice in your statement, especially as it applies to your pseudo belief in Palin hiding her daughters "supposed" pregnancy:

here's a pin and paper write down what you say today - so you stop forgetting what you said when tomorrow comes around

I will expect you to give out an "I was wrong" when there has been enough proof of Sarah Palin's pregnancy to satisfy your incorrect belief. I understand that you gave yourself enough "wiggle room" to say "Well, I didn't actually say or believe it" but we all know what you mean.

It's really quite abysmal that you are going this route, to be frank. What next, are your going to accuse her Doctor and hospital of "faking" it too?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
This is an interesting thread. One point to make, the dialy kos references articles mostly from the msm. Also, for those of you defending this woman, either you are pentacostal or you are nuts.

Well what a great choice you give people who oppose you. You mean you can be either Pentacostal or nuts? Wow, i am glad you are so open minded on this topic. Way to argue your point there CJ, you won me over with that stellar logic.

Sigh..........

[edit on 31-8-2008 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There are only a few relevant questions;

Does Gov Palin belong to the groups being discussed in the article..?

What are Gov palins Beliefs..?

Do the groups mentioned in the article have any financial or advisory relationship to Gov Palin?

If the answer is yes to any of these, then it should be fully investigated and vetted, and directly answered by Gov Palin. No extremist groups from the right or left should have direct influence in the White House.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

Excellent post!!!

I could not have said it better myself.

I would rather have a Religous person, be a a Buddhist, Jew, Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Bahia, ect ect in Public office than those who don't espouse a religious belief. Those crazy religious people, wanting to help the less fortunate and all that other "garbage", I mean who do they think they are?

Like you said its Separation of Church and State, not Separation from Chuch and State. You can be religious and still serve in Government.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Like you said its Separation of Church and State, not Separation from Chuch and State. You can be religious and still serve in Government.

yes you can

nobody is saying you can't

but when you allow YOUR religion to influence how you vote and make laws

you have violated the seperation clause

McCain and Palin havent quite figured that out yet

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I guess one shouldn't run because they are an evangelical Christian because it might influence how one might run government.

But then again it's ok to be part of a church for 20 years made up of racist pastors and radical beliefs because that would never interfere with how one might run the government.

/Sigh

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by pavil

yes you can

nobody is saying you can't

McCain and Palin havent quite figured that out yet

I thought Obama and Biden were both also religious?

Have they also violated this seperation clause?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SkullShoals

She is a diehard Assemblies of God (a Pentecostal denomination) that firmly believes and teaches the practice of "speaking in tongues" ("unknown voices", not of this earth, speaking thru you). Many of their churches believe that you must be able to demonstrate your gift of speaking in tongues in order to be saved and go to heaven.

Assemblies of God also stress healing the sick by "laying hands" on them - God's power will flow thru you and miraculously heal sickness.

The Assemblies of God actually believes and teaches that all the other "gifts of the spirit" are real, including:

- Interpretation of Tongues: ability to translate into english the gibberish spoken by others.

- Discerning Spirits: ability to sense spirits in the room, demonic and angelic.

- Prophecy: ability to predict the future, ability to get messages directly from God for yourself and for others, ability to expose deception and lying in others, ability of God to expose sin in others to you, ability to warn of God's immediate or future judgment if there is no repentance from the accused.

- Working Miracles: ability to actually perform miracles such as those performed by Jesus himself.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I bet they also say "God BLESS America"!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is more of a "deer in the headlights" than a conspirator of any kind. She doesn't yet know how to deal with the national media and Sen. McCain's tacticians, to appeal to the femalevote, had her invoke the name of Hillary Clinton in a recent Western PA speech....for which she was soundly booed. They will not make that mistake again.
Her religious beliefs are her own. Advancing the agenda of a specific religion as VP or President [McCain is 72..we have to think of the soccer mom and small town mayor with her finger on the button] without the press calling her on it seems unlikely. When John Kennedy was running, the Republican mantra was that the Pope would run America. The evidence is that he didn't.
My opinion is that she couldn't find her backside with both hands if it was on fire, much less lead a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I'm seriously starting to think that somebody else is using Andrew E. Wiggin's account. This is nowhere near the same quality that the real Andrew E. Wiggin used to post.

This may be one of the most idiotic statements I've seen on ATS on so many levels.

Let's work backwards...

There is no "separation clause" in the U.S. Constitution. NONE. WTF are you even talking about Wiggin?

The 1st Amendment states that Congress shall pass no law establishing a religion. There is no prohibition against elected lawmakers being influenced by their own religion when they vote their conscious.

Or perhaps maybe you could cite some sort of reference or source for your idiotic claims.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

sorry. what's your point here? what are you trying to say?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Reverend Wright? Obamas pastor and spiritual advisor for the past 20 years?

He is most well known for repeatedly saying "God d** America".

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
There is a need to define what we are discussing;

If Gov Palin belongs to, or is influenced by a religious group that believes the old testament of the King James Bible should be integrated into US court system and form the basis of US Culture.

This is the 64,000 dollar question.

The rest of this debate pales to this central belief of the dominionist philosophies. If this is based in fact, then we have a truly serious problem with the nomination of Gov Palin to VP of the Republican party.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy

There is a need to define what we are discussing;

If Gov Palin belongs to, or is influenced by a religious group that believes the old testament of the King James Bible should be integrated into US court system and form the basis of US Culture.

This is the 64,000 dollar question.

The rest of this debate pales to this central belief of the dominionist philosophies. If this is based in fact, then we have a truly serious problem with the nomination of Gov Palin to VP of the Republican party.

True, but just because her pastor knows another pastor thats knows a member in this "Joels Army" group does not constitute membership or even influence.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Reverend Wright? Obamas pastor and spiritual advisor for the past 20 years?

He is most well known for repeatedly saying "God d** America".

are you assuming i'm for obama? because you would be very wrong. and if you were assuming that, we have nothing left to discuss. however i still don't understand your comment.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Why is it always open season on bashing Christians? would we even be discussing this if McCain or Obama had chosen a Hindu, Native American, Taoist, Buddhist, Kabbalist? or how about a gnostic, atheist or agnostic? It always seems people are more tolerant of the non-christian religions because we don't want to offend, but its OK to offend the christian and their way of religious practice.

It seems to me if Palin was a crazy fundamentalist who shoved her religion down the throats of her fellow Alaskans, would the state of Alaska put up with her? Alaska to me still seems like the wild frontier with rough and tumble people and does not strike me as the sort of state as we would find in the bible belt.

What I think is more relevant is to look at her voting record and how she ran the state. Ask the people of Alaska are they happy how she ran the state? Are the people of Alaska glad to be rid of her? or sorry to see her go?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

i guess there's also no law that says the american people don't have the right to scrutinize a candidate for high office to determine these candidates' beliefs are and judge for themselves how these beliefs might affect or influence the decisions he or she make while in office.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheila947 would we even be discussing this if McCain or Obama had chosen a Hindu, Native American, Taoist, Buddhist, Kabbalist? or how about a gnostic, atheist or agnostic?

yes. yes. and hell yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join