It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin a Secret Agent for Dominionist Christianity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The problem is no one knows her like people in Alaska do. The lady is a real class act.

I am not going to bother to defend her much for a bit, because I know as she speaks more and people get to know her they are going to really like her

Right now it's all about the crazy lies and stories that will be comfortably debunked

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

This is not a beauty contest or popularity contest, we are talking about what has made her worthy of the office of VP.

What has she done and what has she made herself stand for.

On that I still can not find nothing that can tell me she is worth anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I've run across a lot of Christians in my life, all different kinds of them. I have never found one I was afraid of or concerned, in the least bit, about their agendas.

This world has a lot in it to fear and Christians aren't one of them. But if one of them comes after me wants to beat me to death with his/her Bible, I'll keep one in the chamber, just in case!!

The Daily Kos!!!! And people complain about Fox News.

We are in deep, folks.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Oldnslo]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I heard Barack Obama is wanting to create his own army too! I wonder if they might not be in collusion on this?

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set," he said Wednesday. "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

source

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
To the OP:

Thank you for posting this thread. No, really.

You see it is nonsensical threads such as this that let conservatives know how truly desperate the libs/dems have become as they watch their exalted candidate Obama snatch defeat from the jaws of certain victory.

It also lets us know that we have won the arguments, and perhaps how close we are to also winning the election.

Again thank you. If you ever started posting and commenting on the real issues that face this country, why then we might have some cause for alarm!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread. One point to make, the dialy kos references articles mostly from the msm. Also, for those of you defending this woman, either you are pentacostal or you are nuts.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Pass me those cashews, please.

I haven't been to church, of my own volition, since I was a teenager. Back in those days you didn't bring up your Constitutional rights with your father, without putting your life in peril. So I went to church until I was 18.

But I'll' concede the point that the PTB might be sneaking her in the back door, while their man Obama is aknockin' on the front door. If that's what you mean.
:

Edited for spelling.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack

There is a damn good reason why there is a separation of Church and state. (Though the lines have become blurry the last few decades)

There is also a reason why you take a Oath of office..

""I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I believe it ends in "So help me, God".

Notice it says nothing about Religion etc.. Though the Constitution dictates a separation of Church and state. If a elected official doesn't follow this oath they need to be kicked out etc.

Separate as long as its "Freedom of Religion" and not freedom from religion.

It really comes down to this.. Who the people think will FOLLOW the oath of office and who will not. At best.. It is a guessing game..

I agree with you there. Sadly to say.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
If you ever started posting and commenting on the real issues that face this country, why then we might have some cause for alarm!

Not so fast...

If true, I'd have a problem with some of this.

I think it's pretty clear I'm not an Obama supporter. But that does not mean I will ignore the warts of the alternative.

I read the entire KOS piece and think, if true, some of the allegations are very troubling.

Instead of attacking liberals or the source, how about addressing the substance of the assertions and refuting them specifically?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The DailyKOS is the far-left site that also doctored up Obama's Certificate of Birth, only to have two bloggers admit they did it. The DailyKOS admin removed their comments and banned them.

Obama took the CoB from DailyKOS and placed on his website for his "Fight the Smears" campaign. It was Obama's sister's CoB that was used to become Obama's fake Photoslop job on his site.

Now, two Democrat Senators are filing lawsuits that Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the US. He refuses to provide the State Dept. with an authentic Certificate of Birth (or a paper copy of the orignial).

DailyKOS is complete joke when it comes to discussing relavent and factual information. It might as well be one of those garbage magazines (or sites).

[edit on 31-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

The DailyKOS is the far-left site that also doctored up Obama's Certificate of Birth, only to have two bloggers admit they did it. The DailyKOS admin removed their comments and banned them.

oh yes this argument again...
the argument that says that Barack Obama has single handedly duped and tricked the Illinois state government to get into the state senate AND the United States Federal Government in order to get into the US senate

Neither of those bodies of government, with limitless resources, could figure it out - but you - in your mothers basement - found it for yourself?

What do we know about Sarah Palin? Maybe she is a religious zealot in disguise.

I'd no more want a radical christian in office (again) than a muslim

anyone who confuses politics with religion has no place in Washington, ESPECIALLY the white house

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

These new-age blends of evangelical/pentecostal/"non-denominational" churches aren't healthy "pro American" do-gooders.

Have none of you seen Jesus Camp? There are so many groups like this out there these days...
Even though they may call themselves different things, they all have a very similar aggressive mentality.

Here, watch the trailer for the documentary:

www.youtube.com...

I am not saying that Palin is any kind of covert agent for any of these groups. But just being raised in the Assemblies of God... hmm, I dunno, that doesn't sit well with me.

I little bit of fundamentalist evangelicalism goes a long, long way. I don't want my president or vice president insisting that noah had dinosaurs on the ark.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I'm aware of the Daily KOS. But you really just ignored my point. Didn't you?

What about the substance of the assertions?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I also read the article and its comments duly noted.

The source is always relevant.

I am more concerned as to who our next Director of Homeland Security is going to be than whether a Vice Presidental candidate goes to church on Sunday.

There use to be a time in this country when going to your church, temple, mosque, or whatever the place of worship, was a good thing. When did that change?

I live in LA and when I have to stop dodging bullets and crazy drivers and start fending off Christians with Bibles, I'll get concerned.

But until then, I'll have the trusty LA Times to give me an early wake-up call on the situation.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
....that was a very weird double post

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Isnt it hilarious that these conservative talking heads are in here bashing the credibility of the KOS?

The SAME conservatives who just a few weeks ago were praising the journalistic abilities of *ahem*

THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER

for uncovering the truth about John Edwards?

I dont know if the story about the baby is true or not. I really don't. From the evidence i see so far (the pictures that show her in her past pregnancies, and the picture that shows her 7 1/2 months pregnant during this latest pregnancy) then yes - i believe something is amuck. But i can't prove it

But i find it HILARIOUS that these patrons of the moronic masses are, once again, shooting their mouth off to spite their face

here's a pin and paper

write down what you say today - so you stop forgetting what you said when tomorrow comes around

edit to add:

If this bothers Mrs. Palin - there is a very simple easy and fast test she could take to prove these stories wrong.
IF she chares that is.

Personally - i don't care. Its not an issue to me. Why?

Because Mayor Palin has done and said MANY other things that give me reason enough to despise her very existence in the world of politics.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack
Bahh How is this surprising if it is true?

Religion serves no purpose other then to control peoples actions and their money.

The issue at stake is this.. Will she allow her religious beliefs to interfere with her potential job as the VP ? If the answer is yes (For any candidate) then they should be disqualified.

There is a damn good reason why there is a separation of Church and state. (Though the lines have become blurry the last few decades)

There is also a reason why you take a Oath of office..

""I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Notice it says nothing about Religion etc.. Though the Constitution dictates a separation of Church and state. If a elected official doesn't follow this oath they need to be kicked out etc.

It really comes down to this.. Who the people think will FOLLOW the oath of office and who will not. At best.. It is a guessing game..

Too many times i have seen people spout that "seperation of church and state" stuff. IT IS NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION!!!

Why should she not let her beliefs interfere? It would be like erasing someone's memories so their past cannot interfere before they get elected into office.

Liberals are all about loose construction, so why is it that you take a strict construction role on the presidential oath? You can't have it both ways. The only reason one would do this is to manipulate the rules for personal/idealogical gains.

Ill agree that religion exists to control, but i guess you cannot wrap your mind around a god that hates religion. Ghandie had it right when he said "I like their christ, but i do not like their christian" you are basing your judgements on people who may, or may not be genuine.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

The SAME conservatives who just a few weeks ago were praising the journalistic abilities of *ahem*

THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER

for uncovering the truth about John Edwards?

The glaring difference here is the truth, and it is not found in the OP from D KOS.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Wetware

Very interesting article, the more I find about the Barracuda the more I dislike her and wonder what in the heck McCain was thinking when appointing her.

What a joke.

Marg6043,

Quite honestly I expect better of you. Please research her yourself, you are better than just taking Daily KOS drivel as truth. Do you think she faked her pregnancy to cover up her daughter's???

Please look for non partisan articles about the women, hopefully one's prior to her being selected by McCain to prevent bias from seeping in.

Then come back and give my your opinion.

Btw, the Dems are playing a dangerous game by starting to slam a woman Vice Presidential Candidtate, you going to end up PO'ing Hilliary's base.

Smearing a mother of 5 is never a good thing to do.
Way to go Democrats!!!!! Some "Change for the Better" huh?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by mopusvindictus

This is not a beauty contest or popularity contest, we are talking about what has made her worthy of the office of VP.

What has she done and what has she made herself stand for.

On that I still can not find nothing that can tell me she is worth anything.

One of her kids is a down syndrome patient, and she has five kids total i believe.

She did well as gov. of alaska, and i think that if the rumors of her protecting her daughter like that are true, it is a good thing.

Often will you hear of a parent protecting their child with their lives, but very seldomly do you hear of them risking their reputations. Even so, her reasons for doing this would be to keep her child from unwanted press attention.

To top it all off, who are you to judge her worth? What amazing accomplishments and moral fiber do you sport that gives you the ability to judge? The answer:

You don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join