It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin a Secret Agent for Dominionist Christianity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Sarah Palin's connections that McCain doesn't want you to know about

There are quite a number of extremely troubling links between Sarah Palin and neopentecostal dominionists--enough that, in truth, she may be ultimately as much of a "dream candidate" for the dominionist movement as Mike Huckabee was. Even worse, she's running in a manner that has been frighteningly successful for dominionist groups since the early 80's--specifically, as a "stealth candidate".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source

It looks like Sarah Palin may be working to get Joel's Army, an organization of Christians dedicated to preparing an army for the End Times, one foot into the White House. I have just found out about Joel's Army personally, but from what I can gather it seems like a movement to indoctrinate teens into a theologically-based Blackwater. Anyone else following this or heard of this connection?

Also, long time reader first time poster. Hi ATS!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Bahh How is this surprising if it is true?

Religion serves no purpose other then to control peoples actions and their money.

The issue at stake is this.. Will she allow her religious beliefs to interfere with her potential job as the VP ? If the answer is yes (For any candidate) then they should be disqualified.

There is a damn good reason why there is a separation of Church and state. (Though the lines have become blurry the last few decades)

There is also a reason why you take a Oath of office..

""I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Notice it says nothing about Religion etc.. Though the Constitution dictates a separation of Church and state. If a elected official doesn't follow this oath they need to be kicked out etc.

It really comes down to this.. Who the people think will FOLLOW the oath of office and who will not. At best.. It is a guessing game..

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetware

Also, long time reader first time poster. Hi ATS!

Not a good start when you register today and your first post simply parrots a DailyKos propaganda piece.

May I suggest attempting to add some original thoughts or your own ideas if you are going to start threads like this. It will at least make it look like your purpose isn't to simply spread propaganda.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Actually, my purpose is to see if anyone has some insights into this. I realize that the Daily Kos isn't exactly a reputable source; however, this article was extensively referenced. I posted this because I'm wondering if anyone has more info on Joel's Army and it's possible connection to Palin. Everything I found online referencing them was either blatantly skewed or veiled with such thick euphemism that I couldn't find any actual facts.

Who are these people, how many are there, and how has Palin interacted with them in the past? Is she, in fact, a plant by a radical Christian group? Or is the link tenuous at best? I'd heard of Todd Bentley before as I am from Florida, but I didn't know he was involved in this sort of extremism (if he indeed is).

Thanks for the warm welcome

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetware
Actually, my purpose is to see if anyone has some insights into this.

Who are these people, how many are there, and how has Palin interacted with them in the past? Is she, in fact, a plant by a radical Christian group? Or is the link tenuous at best? I'd heard of Todd Bentley before as I am from Florida, but I didn't know he was involved in this sort of extremism (if he indeed is).

Thanks for the warm welcome

I am very familiar with Assembly of God churches. They are 100% pro-American, middle America, bible following churches. I'm not sure what the DailyKos article is even talking about, nor how, with a straight face, they could begin their search for dirt on Gov. Palin by starting with her church.

I would also suggest that if the debate comes down to one between Gov. Palin's church and Senator Obama's church and pastor of 20 years, Obama is going to lose this round.

What's the worst that's being said about Gov. Palin's church? They're anti-abortion and anti-gay rights? What would you expect from a Christian church?

On the other hand, Obama's pastor of 20 years infamously said things like "God Damn America" and claimed the U.S. government created the AIDS virus to wipe out blacks.

Now which church connection do you think will be more relevant to voters?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Daily Kos throwing everything they can at this woman. First accusing her of faking her pregnancy, now this. Its pretty pathetic if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Daily Kos throwing everything they can at this woman. First accusing her of faking her pregnancy, now this. Its pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Yup...

KINDA like OBAMA is a homosexual, muslim, born in ( )...

I guess this is pay back or KARMA.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by Dronetek

Yup...

KINDA like OBAMA is a homosexual, muslim, born in ( )...

I guess this is pay back or KARMA.

The difference is we don't have a massive media repeating the stories for us. None of things you just mentioned there are major stories in the media or even small stories. They don't exists!

At least this proves that you guys are just as dirty and underhanded as you claim we are. You still don't understand that liberals have been doing this for decades before Fox was ever created.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Obama’s own pastor directly speaks about taking over the country and no one wants to talk about it. In fact, Obama’s pastor talks so much Anti-American communistic crap that Obama himself disavowed his own church after 20 years of defending it.

Then, all of a sudden, along comes a true blue genuine Pro-American housewife who fights corruption directly and every liberal in the country tries to make her out to be evil to the core.

Let me tell you something there smart guys. The extreme racism on the part of most blacks in this country is completely known and exposed to the entire world. Another hurricane is about to destroy again the “Chocolate City”, and once again you are going to see pandemonium and lawlessness among the black population. And once again, you are going to see your inept, racist, negligent, re-elected, black mayor ray nagin throw his hands in the air again and say, “Yall peeps be needed to help us poor black folks down here again in “Chocolate City” because we don’t know what the hell we’re doing!”

Your attacks against Paulin in light of what it about to happen “again” in New Orleans will make every patriotic American in the country once again sick to the core of black racism and corrupt anti-constitutional black agendas and policies. Lets see if another 300 black cops decide to once again abandoned their posts and join the looters and lawlessness that they were hired to prevent from taking control of the city. Lets see if once again the police commissioner decides to go door to door stealing peoples weapons in complete violation of the second amendment.

You don’t want to use Ray Nagins name on the news these days. You just want to refer to him as “The Mayor” because you don’t want more negativity to reflect on your beloved half-white candidate, Obama in this election year. But guess what, the wolrd will once again see what black America is all about and how pathetic, ignorant, and corrupt their re-elected racist hero Mayor Ray Nagin is.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
okay so... if she is?

Dominionist Christian lol, that sounds so... Delta Quadrant

Who does anyone represent?

Barack believes in Rights for Gays and Blacks right?

Maybe I should start a thread on how he is a "Down Low Brotha" and made up some bs story about how I saw him at a techno club in the artsy part of the city and he was all decked out in his gangsta gear then gave me a wink...

Oh wait...someone already tried that in RL

See what I mean? I don't buy a second of this nonsense

Give me a break

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Exactly how does that make it right under either circumstance?

I'm not aiming this at you, but at least some of the Obama supporters around here have exposed themselves as enormous hypocrites in the last two days. Yes, Obama has been attacked unfairly at times, but do two wrongs make a right?

Apparently, the answer is yes in the minds of some people. They preach tolerance and respect towards others, as long as others refers to themselves. 'Do as I say, not as I do', it seems.

But this is fine with me. For my part, they can talk about her kids, her church and her beliefs all they want. They can scream it from the rooftops...because just like a lot of those who attacked Obama unjustifiably, the people who have been acting like this, particularly in the media, are making total, utter and complete fools of themselves and it is reflecting right back upon them and (unfortunately for him) their candidate.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
at least in the pentecostal churches that I went to, well...
carribou hunting and salmon fishing weren't weren't exactly proper activities for women.....can you wear a dress while doing these things? and well....a governor, leading a whole national guard full of men.....that just ain't too pentecostal either.

her husband's part eskimo, along with probably many of her friends. I would imagine that her religion would be about as odd to most of us as the religion of many native americans....wonder if she uses peyote or something equivalent to it in rituals.

I just can't see her as a fundamentalist pentecostal though. or is she is, she at least has the wisdom to be a little manly when her environment demands it.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm not concerned with the media's treatment of this woman: I'm concerned with learning actual facts about her. The MSM isn't the best place to go for facts, as you may well know.

Dominionist Christianity makes me mess myself. If Palin is connected with these very dangerous and driven folks then I want to know for sure. I have no problem with Christianity in general, but only with the sects of Christianity who seek to impose their beliefs and morals on others. Dominionists are the worst of the lot, with their basic precept being that Christians must dominate all world governments and create a global Christian theocracy.

I'm an independent voter unsure of for whom I will cast my vote this year. If Palin is indeed a covert operative for these people then it makes my decision pretty easy. So, to repeat my original question, does anyone know of any more substantial ties between Gov. Palin and leaders of the Joel's Army Neo-Pente movement? Or is Daily Kos just flinging rocks in the dark?

edit: To dawnstar, the Pentecostals of which I am concerned are radically different than the Pentecostal church you are used to. Look up Neopentecostalism, Joel's Army, or Christian Reconstructivism to see what these people are about. Coincidentally, they do engage in a lot of outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, and survival training. They also train young children how to wield broadswords and battle-axes, as well as how to shoot a gun.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Wetware]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yanno I don't mind people being religious. If that's what keeps you grounded, good for you. What I don't care for is anyone who thinks they have the right to shove their beliefs down my throat and force me to believe as they do which is what these dominionist people want. If she subscribes to that belief system then I want no part of her. Religion is one thing. A theocracy is something else and I refuse to live in one.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think the use of the word "pathetic" in prior posts is a clear and concise appraisal.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. Kind of rolls of the tongue.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wetware

Very interesting article, the more I find about the Barracuda the more I dislike her and wonder what in the heck McCain was thinking when appointing her.

What a joke.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Its not only Stewey from family Guy who wants WORLD DOMINION.

This woman looks crazed and dazed and evil as does the big Mac.

What has this country come to? :shk:

this issssssss PATHETIC!!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
DG I think that you are right when it comes to the lesser of the two evils, this woman makes biden look quite appealing.

If is nothing I dislike the most is this so call born again Christians using religion to get into politics and politics votes.

Remember Bush anyone?

At least we know now where he stood when it comes to fundamentalism.

But with new people you can never tell and anyway power tends to corrupt.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

This woman looks crazed and dazed and evil as does the big Mac.

What has this country come to? :shk:

this issssssss PATHETIC!!!!!

I was maybe not clear? It's the Daily Kos and stories like this that is pathetic and only of interest to the "Weekly World News" and "National Enquirer" crowd.

The wonderful thing is the media realizes these stories are garbage and only the daytime soap opera crowd has any interest. ATS looses a little of its value every time someone flags a thread like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join