It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Codes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am just starting a dream diary - sorry nothing of interest here - I just wanted to list all of my recent dreams ( last four months ) in one thread.

Dream 12 April 2008

post by destiny-fate

I dreamt about a huge Rainbow Serpent at my feet - beautiful - brightly coloured patterns painted all over it's skin - I knew the snake had been sleeping but now it was starting to stir - it started making patterns on the ground - it formed a huge circle around me - then made a figure 8 - suddenly it reared its head and started to move up my body - I screamed and woke up lol bit of a coward. When I woke I sensed there would be an earthquake/s and one month to the day China had her big one - an 8 - I actually wrote about this on another forum.

The rainbow serpent dream indicated big Earth changes / Earthquakes etc - if we incorporate mythology into the symbolism - rainbow serpents created / formed the landscape and were also associated with water - therefore could also indicate flooding/droughts - Extreme fluctuations. The snakes can also be associated with the magnetic poles?? More freak weather patterns. Unfortunately I feel the Chinese earthquake was just the first of many.

Dream 15 June 2008

Terrorist bombing / plane crash/ causing massive power cuts - United States

Dream 1 July 2008

I had a strong feeling the event was going to happen in the UK - there were people standing around in what appeared to be a Births Deaths and Marriages or Passport office ???. The building was several stories high and there were other Government Departments operating on various levels of the building - Family services and possibly a daycare centre ??? In my dream I heard several gunshots - I felt the shots had originated in the Family Services Department - Everyone in the room knew the guy with the gun was heading toward the Passport/ Birth Certificate office - a woman grabbed her little boy and tried to get her teenage daughter to move to the back of the room with her but her daughter was in shock and would not move.

Dream 24 July 2008

I had a very vivid dream ( 24 July 2008 ) which I wrote about on another forum - The dream consisted of Hopi and Egyptian imagery. Looking out across the cosmos - far off in the distance I saw a red fire burning - in the dream I knew it was the Red Star Katsina ( Paha Sohu ) the Purifier spoken about by the Hopi in their Endtime Prophecy. As it got closer I realised the fire was inside the Eye of Horus - ( Egyptian connection ) ??? A loud voice then warned me ( A great war was coming ) this definately did not imply some minor conflict - more global - one which would have a huge historical impact.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by destiny-fate]

[edit on 31-8-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Great dreams Destiy-Fate~

Interesting I had a dream about a snake and christ.
I think it was christ..
He was hanging in a tree and looked at me with bright golden eyes and blue iridescent tears, there was a big wound on his side and a blind woman who seemed like she was torturing him with a snake.
I told her she was to leave him alone and she started crying and ran away.
I went to get him some water and out of this lake huge figure rose up like a rainbow colored snake and then joined into the form of a person, but see through and ohh so beautiful and told me in some different language being brave and kind had helped save the world~

Laura

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thankyou for sharing your visions and insights, please keep them coming as you have a vivid way of telling. Are you a precog?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thank you Antar - Yes and a few other gifts ( I am not the source though - I am just the vehicle ) - unfortunately I have never really spent time developing them - I am working on that now though

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
In reference to the dream about the Rainbow Serpent

"There are two water serpents, one at each pole
with a warrior sitting on his head and tail. These
command nature to warn us by her activities that
time is getting short and we must correct ourselves.
If we refuse to heed these warnings the warriors
will let go of the serpent's, they will rise up, and
all will perish."

Ancient American Indian, Hopi Prophecy

Represents a pole shift

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Had a dream last night Sri Lanka was facing a huge catastrophe of mammoth proportions.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Tossed and turned all night - gave up trying to get back to sleep and finally got up at 5 am this morning. Had a flash of images while in a semi lucid state. One of the images was of a front page news article with diagrams about the stock market totally tanking. Then flashes of panic -then a run of money in all major banks - I have not got much in the way of savings but what I do have I plan on keeping so as of Monday I will be taking action to safeguard it. It's better to be safe than sorry. I had dreams about Global conflict and major food shortages. The dreams depicted scenes of the 1930's and I know that at this present time what I am saying is in no way a revelation and could very well of been induced by the current global financial woes - but watching the news last night everyone seemed quite upbeat things would improve here in Australia - so I went to sleep feeling quite calm but on waking decided I would be proactive and follow my instincts fears and dream.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I found this on my topic reviews but for some reason it did not show up on the main thread so I copied and pasted it. This dream was actually very symbolic

posted on 4-9-2008 at 09:00 PM
Great dreams Destiy-Fate~

Interesting I had a dream about a snake and christ.
I think it was christ..
He was hanging in a tree and looked at me with bright golden eyes and blue iridescent tears, there was a big wound on his side and a blind woman who seemed like she was torturing him with a snake.
I told her she was to leave him alone and she started crying and ran away.
I went to get him some water and out of this lake huge figure rose up like a rainbow colored snake and then joined into the form of a person, but see through and ohh so beautiful and told me in some different language being brave and kind had helped save the world~

Laura

[edit on 10-10-2008 by destiny-fate]

[edit on 10-10-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I was not going to write about this dream - as I could not understand how it related to my life in any way but last night I had the same dream again only this time there was more detail- so I felt compelled to mention it.

First dream 10 Oct 2008

Second 13 Oct 2008

I found myself in a public square. Representatives of this community were standing around a small pillar and plaque that had been set on fire. I sensed the plaque represented volumes of books / information. These people set out under the cover of night and secretly destroyed volume after volume of public records. These representatives were meant to be the caretakers ( council - government - lawmakers ) I felt this cover up was all pertaining to money.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Last night I had a dream that included three visions in very short succession one after the other : This will probably be my last dream post I don't think anyone reads them anyway lol and the symbolic dreams really don't make much sense to me.

First vision:

Saw the symbol of a fish that's body was in the shape of a circle which had a dot in the centre of it. There were small drops of blood beside the fish. I felt the blood represented DNA or a bloodline.

Fish: the fish -- ever-watchful with its unblinking eyes -- was one of the most important symbols of Christ to the early Christians. In Greek, the phrase, "Jesus Christ, Son of God Savior," is "Iesous Christos Theou Yios Soter." The first letters of each of these Greek words, when put together, spell "ichthys," the Greek word for "fish" (ICQUS ).

The earliest literary reference to the fish as Christian symbol was made by Clement of Alexandria, who advised Christians to use a dove or fish as their seal. Tertullian wrote (in "De Baptismo") "But we, being little fishes, as Jesus Christ is our great Fish, begin our life in the water, and only while we abide in the water are we safe and sound." Also used as a Christian symbol was the dolphin, most often as a symbol of the Christian himself rather than Christ, though the dolphin was also used as a representation of Christ -- most often in combination with the anchor symbol ("Christ on the Cross").

In pagan beliefs, Ichthys was the offspring of the ancient Sea goddess Atargatis, and was known in various mythic systems as Tirgata, Aphrodite, Pelagia, or Delphine. The word also meant "womb" and "dolphin" in some tongues, and representations of this appeared in the depiction of mermaids. The fish is also a central element in other stories, including the Goddess of Ephesus, as well as the tale of the fish of the Nile that swallowed part of Osiris' body and was also considered a symbol of the sexuality of Isis for she had sexual intercourse with Osiris after his death which resulted in the conception and birth of his posthumous son, Harpocrates, Horus-the-child. So, in pagan beliefs, the fish is a symbol of birth and fertility.

The Romans called the goddess of sexual fertility by the name of Venus. Friday was regarded as her sacred day, because it was believed that the planet Venus ruled the first hour of Friday and thus it was called dies Veneris. And to make the significance complete, the fish was also regarded as being sacred to her.

Coins of various Philistine or Phænician cities, on most of which Dagon is represented as a composite figure, human as to the upper part of the body, fish-like as to the lower. From this it may well be inferred that Dagon was a fish-god. e had face and hands and a portion of his body resembled that of a fish, in accordance with the most probable interpretation of "the stump of Dagon" (verse 4). Dagon is sometimes associated with a female half-fish deity, Derceto or Atargatis, often identified with Astarte

The fish also appears in another sacred iconograph, the Avatars of Vishnu, where the deity "is represented as emerging from the mouth of a fish, and being a fish himself; the legend being that he was to be the Saviour of the world in a deluge which was to follow..."

Fish symbol

CIRCLE with a DOT (BINDU) in the center: In the complex symbolic system of Hinduism and Buddhism, the bindu (dot) represents the male force. Together, the circle and the bindu symbolize the merging of male and female forces. This symbol can also represent the Sun or in the shape of a fish with a dot in the centre The Eye of Horus (See "Sun Sign" below and "Circle" above) Hindus call the midpoint in a circle the bindu - the spark of (masculine) life within the cosmic womb

ELEMENTS: The four basic elements to many pagans are earth, water, air (wind or spirit) and fire. Many consider the first two passive and feminine - and the last two active and masculine. In Wiccan or Native American rituals, the "quartered circle" (similar to the the Medicine Wheel) represents a "sacred space" or the sacred earth. The four lines may represent the spirits of the four primary directions or the spirits of the earth, water, wind and fire.

Interesting that the air symbol is a circle with a dot in the centre and the fish would represent water.

2nd Vision

I then found myself in a tomb with many large statues - the one that was brought forward and presented to me was of a Black Winged Isis

Isis

Third vision

I saw a rider on a black horse for some reason when I saw it I thought it represented death but on looking it up on the internet found death to be the pale horse.

The third horseman, riding the black horse, is called Famine. The black color of the third horse could be a symbol of the dead.

Revelation 6:5 - 6:6 - “And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.’”

I feel the scales are significant here.

“Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.” Cree Indian Proverb

Perhaps the four horseman represent the sins of mankind as a collective -
greed and selfishness ?

[edit on 4-11-2008 by destiny-fate]

[edit on 4-11-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Had a dream last night 700 cows had to be slaughtered because they contracted a dangerous new virus. The news presenter in the dream said authorities felt there was a high probability the virus could not be contained. In the dream people started panic buying - stocking up on powdered milk.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I lied about not posting anymore of my dreams
Keep waking up same time every night 4 - 4:30 am ? The other night I woke with this tune in my head ?

The dream I had before waking was out of this world.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The dream I had before waking was out of this world.

I would like to hear more about this dream you had.

I have dreams too, I kind of get these waking visions sometimes also, but im never sure what they mean.

I had this dream many years ago:

I was standing on the shoreline of a beach and I could see a man far off in the distance dressed in white. For some reason I felt drawn to him, so I started walking towards him.
As I started to walk towards him I looked out into the sea and I could see this huge Tsunami wave coming towards me. I was absolutely terrified and could hardly move.
I looked back towards the man and he seemed to be looking directly at me and I kind of sensed that he was Jesus!
He raised his left arm towards the sea, while still looking at me and me looking at him, although he was still far away I could see he was wearing a white robe lol (I know this sounds crazy)
Then I looked back towards the ocean again but this time there was no Tsunami. The sea was completely calm, tranquil and I felt very peaceful.
I turned back to look at the man but he had vanished!

Thank you for sharing your dreams.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well Joecroft - I remember fields and a tree. The tree seemed significant but when I woke it was the profound sense of peace and love that overwhelmed me - feeings that were so intense they were unfathomable.

"Love is the power that moves the universe, the day of life, the night of death, and the new day after death. The radiance of this universe sends us a message of love and says that all creation came from love … Love leads to light ". Mascaro (1962, p.30)

As a child I had many dreams of a man I would liken to Jesus and he too was dressed in a long white flowing garment. In one dream I found myself standing beside him - an assembly of people had gathered around - he turned to me and told me I would find my destiny in the sun. ( Still have not worked that one out lol ) ?

And I enjoyed your dream immensely too
Thank you for sharing - I believe all dreams have an underlying truth to them
Do you have lucid dreams ?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by destiny-fate]

[edit on 14-11-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hi there Destiny-fate

I hope I’m not taking up your space here, because I’ve just realized that this is your diary for logging your own dreams.

Lucid dreaming is something that happens to me very rarely, in fact, now that I think about it I’ve hardly had any lucid dreams.

Although I do have this recurring theme dream lol, where I constantly keep seeing and getting chased by big wild cats lol like lions, tigers, pumas, jaguars and leopards.

When I have these types of dreams, (and I’m not sure if there’s like a technical name for this) I don’t realize it’s actually a dream! I mean everything is so real, like it’s just a normal day.

For example: I’ll be dreaming that I’m back home where I used to live, but I don’t know it’s a dream and suddenly I will see the lion or tiger just walking around lol. As soon as I see them I feel terrified.

Imagine your typing away now on your keyboard and suddenly you see there’s a lion coming through the hallway. I’m pretty sure most people would feel scared! That’s what these dreams are like.

I’ve been having these types of dreams now, for about 14 years; I get roughly about two of these types of dreams every year. This year, so far, I’ve only had one, so I’m due another one soon.
(Help!) lol

In all of these cat dreams I always, either manage to escape or cage the cat lol and one time I actually killed a tiger, which is a memory I will never forget.

According to dream interpretation that I have looked up it’s supposed to be a good sign if you escape the cat in any way, but if it gets you, its meant to be a bad sign.

Recently over the past three are four months (and I know this sounds nuts!) I’ve been wondering, if maybe, these cats are my friends and that there just coming to visit me. I sometimes wonder if there not after me at all and it's just me feeling scared of them, which is quite natural I must admit.

So the next time I have this type of dream I’m planning on just trying to overcome the fear and stay put and not run and see what happens lol maybe there friendly cats, if I just stuck around long enough to find out. (easier said than done I guess
)

Hopefully when I do this, it will really be a dream lol if you know what I mean.

Do you have lucid dreams?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
No your not taking up my space
I like people sharing their dreams
Interesting your dreams about the wild cats. Animals in dreams can represent spirit guides - Many cultures, including the Native Americans, believe that if we put our ear to the ground, we can hear Mother Earth's heartbeat. Land animal totems are keenly aware of this heartbeat – and in fact, are said to walk in time with the beat of the Earth's heart.

Consequently land animal symbol meanings such as wild cats relate to intuition, awareness, and cognizance. Additionally, this animal group represents being grounded, and stable both mentally and physically.

As a child I had many dreams about snakes and an eagle/hawk not sure which lol the snake was something I came to loathe and fear but in time the fear transformed into feelings of protection. Reptile Animal Totems are special due to their cold-blooded nature. The phenomenon of reptile body temperature changing with their surroundings makes them a supreme symbol of adaptation. Reptiles are never slaves to external conditions. This is because they are super-intuitive, and fiercely independent . Oh and please don't confuse this with UFO /reptilians lol I am talking about subconscious archetypes

In one dream I found myself in the most beautiful city, surrounded by stone walls, columns and temples. There was a huge earthquake - everyone began running - a small group of people ran toward me - pushing me quickly toward a secret stairwell - they pushed me up - I had something of importance they were trying to safeguard - I climbed up out of the city through a hole. Dry barren earth lay all around me, void of any life - I reached down to help the others but it was too late - the hole was completely swallowed by the shaking earth - crying I realised everything had gone - but I think the greater shock was realising the world we had known was some kind of optical illusion . Suddenly off in the distance I watched in horror as a huge snake (Cosmic / Rainbow serpent ) approached me - I was terrified - I definitely thought I was going to die !!!! It made a huge circle around me - even as a child I knew the circle was particularly significant ( I would later learn it was the Ouroboros ) it did not harm me - the circle it formed around me was my protection - For me the cosmic serpent represented power - time - new beginnings - a new era/age and vast amounts of energy - so much energy in fact that it appeared all the energy of the universe was harnessed in this being or entity . Through my many new associations - that began just over two years ago I found the myths of the Hopi Worlds and the Ant people. Which very much correlated with that dream.

Yes I do have lucid dreams - they are so real - I can touch - feel - see things in such vivid detail. In those dreams I can ask questions on any subject and if I do not let my mind wander too much I can get some pretty brilliant insights . The difficult part for me is staying lucid
there are other dreams where I feel lucid - well put it this way I am certainly awake to the fact I am dreaming but it is more like an OBE - in the sense I have absolutely no control at all over the dream - ironically these are usually the dreams that I find the most spiritual .

In one I was soaring across the cosmos - I was being carried along by something - what I do not know - all of a sudden in the distance I noticed this beautiful planet emitting the most beautiful light - the sort of dream where you become a child again - and with an open mouth stare in amazement and awe lol as I got closer I realised it was a gigantic city like structure - so beautiful - with a cystal-like transparency - there were huge walls like a fortress that would of made it really difficult to pass but I wanted to stop and go and see what lay beyond the walls lol but whatever was carrying me along would not stop - and in the dream a voice said - the time is not right yet there is too much to be done lol then I woke up

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I should just say that I’m fairly new here I signed up three months but I’ve only just got started over the past three or four days

Yes, I think your right about the awareness and intuition, but I’ve been constantly turning away from it, for a long time. It’s only until recently that I have started to follow my intuition, which is partly the reason why I have ended up here at ATS. My problem, if you can call it a problem lol, is that I have a very logical mind and an analytical way of thinking. Intuition is classified as having immediate insight and understanding by the mind without reasoning, so when I get an intuitive feeling my logical brain steps in lol and try’s to reason it out, to see how it could or might work.

Roughly about a year ago today this thought popped into my head saying "nothing ever dies" I don’t even know where it came from, it just popped in there lol

About four months ago I kept thinking about this out of body experience combined with an encounter with a shadow being, I had when I was younger, it too just popped in there and I couldn’t stop thinking about it for about three days in a row. I had basically buried this experience in the back of my mind for a long time. I decided to look online to see if there was anything out there on the subject and I was amazed at what I found. All I can say is that things have developed from there. It was almost like something was guiding me along, it was weird lol different things kept connecting.

So you could say I have my head is down the rabbit hole and I’m curious, like the cat lol I want to explore further, only it looks very cozy up top and it’s tempting to stay up here and not delve any deeper.

I used to do a lot of exercise but haven’t done much for a while, but I found when I stopped exercising for a few months, that when I went back to it I still had a reasonable level of fitness. Almost like a built in fitness level inside my DNA or something lol
As for being mentally stable, if you ignore the above lol I’m the most stable person I know

That’s interesting about the spirit guide, I hadn’t thought of that, thanks. What about your eagle/hawk was that your spirit guide?

Hey the stairway in your dream, was it a spiral stairway?

That’s a beautiful dream you had, it’s a shame you couldn’t go into the city, that would have been great, but I’m sure you will go back there one day.

well put it this way I am certainly awake to the fact I am dreaming but it is more like an OBE

"Awake to the fact I am dreaming" lol I like that phrase

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
lol You sound just like me with regards to your analytical nature. It does not matter how many times throughout my life something quite out of the ordinary ( I would even deem supernatural / spiritual ) has occurred to me - the logical analytical side of my nature steps in and tries to rationalise the experience
I have good friends that do not believe in the supernatural / spiritual - that have actually told others they have witnessed things happen to me that they never would of thought possible and would never of believed unless they had seen it with their own two eyes. lol

I would love to know more about your experiences ( OBE and encounter with the shadow being ) but understand if you would rather not discuss it. I agree with you about feeling like you are being guided. Around about two years ago I had a series of synchronous experiences that left me feeling quite unsettled. The feeling my life was in some way predestined . It felt like I was inside a giant matrix of sorts - like a giant cosmic web that connects everything together - and in some strange way I felt the synchronous meetings I was experiencing with various people was in some way connected to that matrix.

I know what you mean about staying in your comfort zone - there have been many times I have been worried about what I might uncover - thinking it might be wiser to live in ignorance lol but once you embark on that inner journey I wonder if it is ever possible to stop ? And in truth would you really want to ? I know the magic that exists and I believe I am only on the threshold so imagine what other treasures lie buried in the vast unknown

I think you sound very stable - the fact you still try to rationalise is a very healthy sign.

Yes I feel the eagle was my guide. When I had these dreams as a child I was always trying to rescue people - quite funny actually - in one dream I found myself cornered and thought hmm well this is it then when suddenly a huge eagle soared down and rescued me - that was the first time I ever learnt to fly in my dreams. But I also felt the snake type entity protected me as well - I sensed it's power - the power was so immense - it formed the circle around me so no-one could harm me.

I was told by a psychic my other totems were the lion - the magpie and the swan.

Yes the staircase was spiral.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think we should rename this thread "Croft and Destinies dreams" lol

I would love to talk to you about my experience with the OBE and encounter with the shadow being but maybe at a later date, because I have decided to use that particular topic in one of my threads, actually I have a few ideas for threads, although I can’t seem to decide which one to discuss first lol I will say this though, it was the first and only time I’ve ever had an OBE and that was scary enough lol never mind seeing the shadow man! So recently I’ve been looking into trying to have an induced OBE. I’ve looked at some material written by a man named Munro, who, in his writings, compiled various techniques, that you can perform, in order to try and achieve an OBE. It’s proved quite difficult so far, so now I’m looking into trying out some meditative techniques, just to get me into practice
Maybe I’ll meet my spirit guide or the Shadow man either is fine I’m ready for them both

Yeah I know what you mean about the comfort zone thing
It’s not so much the ignorance I think it’s more to do with people wanting to feel safe, which overrides there curiosity to want to learn about matters which most of society considers insane, ridiculous or crazy. Like you said once you embark on that inner (and outer) journey, which I am on now, it’s hard to stop. Truth is an elusive creature that needs to be searched for, found and cherished. So to answer your question NO ! I don’t want to stop searching lol

I’m glad I passed the "I’m stable ometer" it’s always good to have these senses installed, when you meet someone new lol

I have to be honest I don’t know to much about spirit guides, Why do spirit guides appear as animals?
I’m guessing, but I would have to go with Lion lol at the top, horse and wolf/dog as my totem.

The spiral stairway what does it mean?, I had this spiritual experience in a church once, where I had this vision of a spiral staircase. It was like a castle turret and I started at the bottom and was then floating all the way up every stone step, and when I got to the top I went right through the roof lol and I could see the blue sky and then the vision ended. Don’t worry I wasn’t on any drugs at the time, and incidentally I’ve never taken any drugs in my entire life

Oh yeah one more thing, the spiral staircase you saw, did it run upwards from right to left or from left to right?

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Joecroft]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think people that do not sense the spirit connection with animals close themselves off to the reality and truth of their own nature. Animals function as a mirror that allow us to see the multi-faceted aspects of human awareness. Early creation myths tell of a Creatrix from whose dark void split to reveal the light. Most creation stories name animals as the first beings to exist as creators and partners in the formation of the world; the universe was constructed by animal gods, who arrived here before us. Archetypal psychologist James Hillman insists that "a snake is not a symbol" (Dream Animals, 1997). He looks at animals in dreams, fantasies and myths as carriers of soul, as Gods, as “divine, intelligent, autochthonous powers demanding respect." Ancient Egypt had a very clear cosmology whose spiritual pantheon was initially only inhabited by animals. Egyptian ideas on spirituality are very ancient and influenced many other magical and spiritual belief systems. The occult approach was based on the unification of all phenomena - all beings are the same in kind and differ only in degree

For example the hawk is associated with thunder and lightning so symbolizes the force of transmutation. In this sense the hawk has the qualities that we generally associate with fire, i.e. initiative, enthusiasm, warmth, leadership, and purification. The frog symbolizes water, the turtle earth; the butterfly is the totem for air. Carl Jung kept encountering elements in diverse cultures, which he called "motifs" and "primordial images", until he appropriated the term "archetypes" for them. In his final work, Man and His Symbols, Jung describes how archetypes affect all human beings: "[our] inner motives spring from a deep source that is not made by consciousness and is not under its control”.

Many cultures use various representations of horses to symbolize the metaphysical vehicle of their mystical ascent, it is a very familiar motif in shamanic philosophy as it is often the animal that takes the rider on a soul journey into different realities. The Australian aboriginal concept of ‘dream time’ also expresses the concept of a none linear type of existence.

I find it fascinating that the further mankind moves away from their subconscious archetypes the more destructive we become. I had a dream lol yes another one some years ago about a cosmic dragon that came in search of her offspring. In many ways this dragon represented NATURE and when she arrived on earth she did not recognise man as part of her creation - in fact she saw mankind as an enemy - destructive and unnatural and waged war on us - but did not harm anything that remained true to it’s nature ie animals - indigenous people - children etc

I think the staircase represents a bridge that connects one level of existence/dimension with another. In my dream the world we knew was a complete illusion because the staircase I ascended reached toward the sky. Once I reached the top and pulled myself up through a hole I found myself standing in a new world - totally unspoilt by man. To be honest I am not sure if the spiral staircase went left to right or right to left ? But that brings me to another dream I had a few years ago lol - I found myself walking down a tunnel - inside a cave - the tunnel spiralled downhill left to right clockwise - after walking for some time I came across this large object blocking my way - it was covered by a thick cloth - for some reason it had been deliberately hidden , I threw the cloth back to find a huge lion that roared ferociously - I ran deeper into the cave to find another animal covered with cloth - once again I pulled the cover away - this time a huge bull charged out of the tunnel - running deeper into the cave I came across the same scene two more times - so all in all I assume there were four animals - I was too scared to pull the covers away from the last two - so I ran back out of the cave . When I finally reached the surface I found people screaming in shock and pain - time had ceased to exist as we know it - I could hardly move one leg in front of the other - it felt like a huge force pushing against me. Finally through sheer will and determination I began to move forward. Ahead of me lay a wide staircase that reached all the way to heaven. It was white and glowing - two huge pillars stood on either side of the staircase and when I finally reached the top of the staircase the force finally released me. Through a series of synchronous events I then stumbled across some information about an American physicist which for some reason felt connected to that dream.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join