It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists have made a breakthrough in man's desire to control the forces of nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Scientists have made a breakthrough in man's desire to control the forces of nature – unveiling plans to weaken hurricanes and steer them off course, to prevent tragedies such as Hurricane Katrina.

Here is an interesting article about controlling hurricanes
www.telegraph.co.uk... 1566898/Scientists-a-step-closer-to-steering-hurricanes.html

I dont want to turn this into a conspiracy theory. Im more interested on moral implications you know you could stop the storm from hitting say New Orleans but will steer it towards another city. Do you believe that would be right or wrong? IS it ok to move it to a city with 5000 residents instead of larger city?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'd be OK with it.
I think if the smaller city is easier to evacuate, and rebuild then it makes sense. I'd think that a smaller city would be less of an environmental disaster too.

On the other hand, tampering with nature can be costly. Just look at all the things that can go wrong by raising the temperature of the Earth a few degrees. Hurricanes are probably important to the places they hit. I heard some Floridians this week saying how the latest storm that hit them brought enough water to quench their drought and then some....

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think its wrong to move it think about it its nature why change nature its what brought you here in the first place.

My two cents

God bless

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
I think its wrong to move it think about it its nature why change nature its what brought you here in the first place.

My two cents

God bless

Well as far as i can see this could be used to save lives but then you have to decide whos lives are worth more. And even scarier who would make those decisions?

new topics

top topics

join