It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prozac & the Pineal Gland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have read that, like fluoride, Prozac can calcify your pineal gland.

I have a serotonin imbalance so I actually need this, it's not for depression, it's required for normal functioning.

Can anyone link to anything or show evidence that it does calcify it? I'd still like to be able to think for myself in a few years, not just rely on ATS posts for what the gov is doing, otherwise I'd be wearing a steel-coated aluminum cap

Please, only useful info.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well each prozac molecule looks like it has 3 fluoride atoms attached to a carbon atom.
en.wikipedia.org...

So I wouldn't be too surprised if it interacted with the pineal gland. I wonder if they prescribe Prozac for osteoporosis...

But there are antidepresseants that don't have fluoride in them. There are also supplements you can take that are natural that increase serotonin, like the percursor 5-HTP.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there any chance that something can become uncalcified?

If not, I'm afraid it's a little late for me. I've taken 20-80 mg daily over the course of 3 years.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I remember in my anatomy class we went over the pineal gland (which was like 2 years ago) and I vaguely remember him saying that the pineal gland begins to calcify in the early teen years and by adulthood most everyones pineal gland is "calcified". On most MRIs, it can be seen as a white spot near the center of the brain. So I wouldn't worry a ton about it, because I think it's pretty normal. Of course I haven't done any research recently so take it with a grain of salt. Haven't heard anything about decalcifying.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ok, thanks. That might be related to the very weird and random dreams I get whenever I can remember dreams, which is hardly ever. Maybe once a week, usually a couple of weeks in between.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It's true that the Pineal Gland begins to calcify fairly early in our lives. Though I know of nothing one can take to reverse this process, there are meditation techniques that work to awaken the Pineal Gland. It is commonly referred to as 'The Eye of God' (not to be confused with the 3rd eye) by many who study meditation and Eastern Religions. Search for a meditation group; especially one that teaches Kriya. The Self Realization Fellowship was Founded by Paramahansa Yogananda who brought the Science of Kriya Yoga to the States. They have centers all over the globe.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
if you fear that prozac is bad for pineal gland i recommend that you try alternative treats for your deficit; i've read that hemp could be good for you. at least it affects on seretonin extraction in positive way. of course you may live in a country that may prohibit use of hemp as medicine.

you can also tidy up your body by certain meditation and excercises. fluoride of course accumulates, but it believe it is possible to get rid of it. ive been forced to use fluoridepaste and other fluoride "treatments" for decades but i guess i've managed to clean up a bit.

please bear with me, the following is not meant to be offensive but it is just the way i believe things are: you are the cause of your deficit by yourself. every disease has it seed inside you, within you; and by being strong will and practice you could achieve a state that you could repair yourself. i know many that have succees in some extent, including myself.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Geemor]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply. By hemp, you do mean marijuana correct?
That's actually the thing that's helped me most, but these are the downsides:

Tar in lungs
Very illegal where I live; first offense no matter what amount is a felony
It's very dry right now, besides expensive kb, and I don't want to be stoned.

I've actually tried growing my own, but don't have the resources to grow it very well and I don't want to buy a grow lamp.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
the only real advice i can give you is to use tryptophan instead.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

if you floow the link, you'll see that it preceeded Prozac and has the same mood calming effect without addictive properties. it's banned in the USA but no urine test can ever detect it, because it's an ominpresent amino acid, supplements are just the ticket to decent dosage without excessive caloric intake.

the FDA ban is of course bogus and served as a cover up for a genetic modifcation gone bad. see link above.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've been trying to get tryptophan for the past three years. Officially it's available in australia.. but the companies are always "out of stock". I am very allergic to prozac/zoloft type drugs and think this vitamin would make a viable alternative. I do not want to buy it over the net as I want it to meet aussie safety standards.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by voidnull

yes hemp. you can consume it otherwise than smoking, extract oil, make tea and so on. of course smoking will get your lungs dirty. for smoking to be efficient, you should smoke only the flower parts, but as tea and oil, the other parts work well as well. yes it is illegal in most places, but the situation is hopefully changing as the information spreads, it is truly a wonderplant. it could repair our soil and climate, both physically and spiritually.

of course all of you know that hemp is illegal because of one man and businness. if hemp could be grown by anyone and legally, many businness would go pranks - they want to supress it. it is utter nonesense that it would cause psychosis and such; those who get psychosis from hemp would get it eventually anyway - imbalanced persons.

in some countries, the medicine hemp in form of pills is already available. if you dont like getting stoned, the medicine hemp is your bet. then again, i guess there is no availability in your country. sooooo sorry!

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Geemor]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by voidnull

Hey bro, I can seriously help you

The Calcification process is important and it is Supposed to happen, if you listen, I can help get you off the Prosac, Properly Calcify your Pineal Gland and the rest of your organs

I can't post all of the info here, not until i publish it myself on the web and then I will link and had been planing on linking this over in ats in the future...

I do webdesign and biodiesel and other junk for a living but my intitial career goal was to be a psychopharmacologist. I studied the effects of drugs on the human mind in parctice and in school for a long time

The Pineal gland Ideally will be a proper mix of Calcium, Carbon and Oxygen, and there are variations, what it is suppossed to do is form crystals and the kinds of crystals formed are extremely similar to the ones in the inner ear... They Resonate with sound (and other things as well)

But sound is what they are supposed to work with

Ideally a properly Crystalized Pineal Gland will vibrate like a bell

people are recommending tryptophan and you have been advised to take Prosac, Prosac can have negative side effects because of the improper crystalization of the Pineal gland, (reality check, it was off in the first place because of ...most likely floridation in the first place, plastics and other things affect it as well... so do cell phones, em fields and Mood and depression)

Tryptophan is good advice, except it won't work for you by itself, because you can't uptake the Tryptophan right anymore in the first place I can be almost sure if you were put on Prozac! (I like to call it Ballzac)

What you need to do is properly align the crystalization process in the Pineal gland so it can uptake tryptophan properly, normal you have plenty of tryptophan

I am guessing you have a problem maybe that they say is biological in the first place, but really, You probably just need help... i.e you naturally have some defect that prevents uptake of Tryptophan properly or some biological process that gobbles it or consumes it... so Tryptophan supplements may be needed by you...or maybe your just misdiagnosed and just have a screwy crystalization of your Pineal gland

Takeing Tryptophan will help out either so I say do it

Now your Pineal gland needs to be secreting Melatonin and Serotonin in proper amounts and it wont do this with an improper crytsalization of the Pineal

and thats the root of more than you can imagine problem wise...

Once your regulated in Seratonin and Melatonin production your Pituitary gland will be activated by the proper mixture created from within your Pineal (your also going to need proper amounts of B-6)

Once we have that Pineal working and stimulating your Pituitary (as well as other glands) you going to start producing healthy amounts of oxytocin and vasopressin

That where your mood is going to lift and everything feels groovey

HOW?

Okay

First, your going to fast for 24 - 48 hrs, You need 2 days where you can sleep, you might be moody, lightheaded and your not looking to be uncomfortable... Fast can include, lemon water, green tea (from purified water) If you get really hungry a Bannana to get you by is okay... and SLEEP as much as you can through it.

While asleep, and when awake you need to set up a playstack on the computer of natural sounds and classical music for company

I want you to have NO contact with other human beings during this 2 days, lock yourself in a room if you have to, say your sick! That will keep people off your rear end...

We want your pineal stimulated by the proper music (there is a basis in mathametics for classical as a reccomendation) and get yourself as close to a womb like state, purity via the fast, harmonic for stimulation and noone elses brain waves and thought process disturbing yours

Night before day 2, Take a good dose of B-6 and Tryptophan, several high dose capsules each... Also if you can afford it take Ginko Biloba and Omega 3 Fatty acids

When you wake on day 2 your going to meditate

(You must research and practice basics prior to doing this)

Your going to flood your body with oxygen... PRANAYAMA, learn it, get good at it, you will know your ready when you can reach a place where you feel a tingling sensation in your extremities, if you can't feel your fingers or toes your doing it right

The specific technique is Breath of fire...

You can start practicing as soon as now... this is for a real activation,

Your going to want to do 90 Minutes of breath of fire that day... (don't worry about time, try and count in your head as a way of tracking it and soon enough time will go bye bye anyway) so really a long, long time, I usually loose track between 40 minutes and 1 hr of , literally a sense of time/ability to count

(Now with Pranayama you will be doing a certain breath In through your nose to your diaphram and out through your mouth)

at around that 90 minutes, (sometime after you have no time lol) your going to want to incorporate the next meditation as Your EXHALATION

By now your pineal gland is flooded with Oxygen, your whole body is...done right the name breath of fire... means your whole body feels tingly like it's on Fire

The next step Is Tibetan Deep Voice, or Tibetan Chant... (your going to need to do some reading on both) just google and read as much as you can

also prior to this day your going to have to have learned the basics of Deep Voice, seperately, don't mix them until the day you do this...

you need to judge deep voice by the sound tibetan chant

Thats what it sounds like, it's enhanced slightly but when you have the tone correct, it should resonate, I feel it first in my teeth then anywhere I have had injuries...

It takes practice, i'm really good, my windows vibrate... what your doing is letting air out slowly through the throat and vibrating deep vocal chords to create a vibration on specific low tone words

Any chant will do I am getting into specific ones now as I advance, but you just want to ring that pineal bell for the first time...

a good basic:
Om (ohm)
Ma (mah)
Ni (nee)
Pad (pahd)
Me (may)
Hum (hum)

or

One I'll be doing in about an hour

OM TARA TUTTARE, TURE SO HA

(OME TAR-AH TWO-TAR-AH, TWO-RAY SO HA)

Don't worry about what they mean most Hindus and Buddhist Monks are very well aware the sounds and g-ds goddesses are analogies for healing effects on certain body parts, you can dwell on that stuff later if it interests you, for now...only a good vibration with a proper deep voice is important, your interested in approaching the tone in the recording

So, fromm reaching a full PRANAYAMA Breath of fire, you want to to slip into BASIC Pranayama, single breath in through nose, down to Diaphram and on exhalation... do the TIBETAN CHANT

do it, until you FAIL... and you will lol,

whats going to happen is, your Pineal loaded with oxygen will then be vibrated by the Tibetan Chant and the energy created will be enormous, it starts de and re crystalizing the pineal, it will shake it all up in there and form from a proper harmonic pattern, the reason for the fast and pure water is to be clear of any odd chemicals and hormones

What happens next...maybe not the first time, after some time is an explosive release of '___', somewhere in there your going to go away... you'll slip into a full '___' hallucination, 1/2 dream, but very vivid and... the whole thing, it's very, very intense... the health aspects of the Pineal functioning is what matters but this is..."the fun side effect"

You will need at least 6-8 hrs, when you wake from it, your going to be hungry...

This I developed after years of study, it is the single fastest way I know to correct mental health and body health in one shot... it's the combonation of two very powerful meditation forms from Hindu and Buddhist sources

It's like an Atom bomb in your head...

I have had serious trips from it and...honestly, the first time I achieved it when I awoke I had a genuine full on supernatural event occour... I wrote of it in here about Flies in one of my threads, like a freeing from posssesion... I have also manifested desires from this, no joke, i.e. been dreaming of something and awoke and it happened...

You don't want to assume lotus or any other form for this you want to lay flat on your back, your going to get really far gone, laying down is the only way to do this, you could injure yourself if your in a chair or sitting,

If you have a strong enough sense of conciousness you will taste a huge pituitary release in the back of your mouth and sinuses and throat, it is refered to as ambrosia or amrita this is a result of '___' production which will increase pituitary homones and beta-endorphins, vasopressin, prolactin, Growth Hormone, and corticotrophrin (cortisol).

this fluid (amrita) is likely a mixture of endogenous cannaboids, enkephalins, glutamate, oxytocin, vasopressin and Ca2+ ions and polarized water that have been generated by glial and neurons, accumulated in the cerebrospinal fluid. At a point of maximum excitation, very much like an orgasm, this fluid is excreted out from the sinuses and into the back of the throat.

Or... A Brian Orgasm as it is someties called

Hard to follow, don't worry, just try it... I am not a doctor, nor in my advice to discontinue prozac medical

Good luck, feel free to u2u me if you have questions

[edit on 6-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong btw... both these techniques offer years of practice to perfect..I have not taken them as far individually let alone together as can be... a world of study in each

What this is, is the fastest way I know with basic competence to achieve a major activation and proper crystalization of the Pineal and subsequently a major '___' burst and release of Amrita (brain orgasm lol)

We are not talking about becoming a yogi, just a peak experience and a place where your brain chemistry functions properly and a powerful mystical experience without doing any drugs perscription or otherwise

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Does that go for all SSRI's? I took this unholy crap called Strattera for about 3 weeks.

Do you take 5-HTP supplements for your setotonin deficiency? 5-HTP is the brains natural precursor for synthesizing serotonin. I think tyrosine is the precursor for dopamine.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I would think it goes for all SSRI's and it was smart to mention 5htp which would be more effective.

Most medicine like to treat a symptom but does so even when the root cause has never been addressed

Tryptophan will become 5 Htp, which in tuen will create Seratonin which will create Melatonin

Somewhere the problem revolves around imho... an issue with Tryptophan if there is a biological cause, the ability to utilize vitamin b-3 which creates 5 HTP, the enzyme that is used to facilitate the process perhaps... So 5 HTP would be a beter choice

Problem is doctors say not to take 5htp if your on most SSRI's so I didn't mention it

In any event what needs to be done is correct the bodys ability to produce seratonin on it's own at proper levels which will be signifigantly aided by a more effective and properly working pineal gland, which can be stimulated by non chemical means and become more efficent, even given lack of perhaps large numbers of the right enzymes on a biological level...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I've been on 20mg of Prozac daily since 1991 and I've had no ill effects or side effects. I'm a 3-time loser (I've tried 3 times to get off it and every time I was suicidal within 6 months) so I'm on it for life.

Maybe it will take a few years off my life in the end, but without it my life would have ended years ago. I, too, have a serotonin imbalance, have had it probably since birth but they didn't figure out what the problem was until 1991.

According to my experience, you've got at least 14 or so more years with no problems.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok I take L-Tryptophan every day, 2000mg a day. I live in N.Y. and am able to get it all the time. Is this the same supplement that you are recomending?

new topics

top topics

join