It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US mass media blanketing Hurricane Gustav...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I just think that John Mccain made a poor choice for VP for our safety. He knew a controversial pick would get attention. But we have a huge storm that's on its way and that's going to deal a lot of damage. I think that John Mccain's pick has blanketed media coverage of the storm and that's a bad thing. I don't mind his pick... I just don't like the timing of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
there a reason my friend,a reason shameful and vile.

for with a name like Gustav ,how can it not be blanketed across the media!?

sure if it were called carl or dan.it wouldnt get half the coverage its getting now!

when the white man with a home counties name hits a cop it dont make the news,when poor old enrique does so its front page headlines!!!

disgusting,xenophobia at its worse!!!,this country doesnt stand a chance!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Ummm. I have no Idea what you just said.

But!

Its One big ass hurricane and its gonna take up TV, Radio, and newspapers

as it spins.

Other news will be heard as needed.

All is as it is.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The mass media typically doesn't cover these storms, because it really only lands in one or two different areas. Here in Florida all that is on the local news here is the hurricane, as well as the two or three others forming out there.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by welivefortheson

Ummm. I have no Idea what you just said.

But!

Its One big ass hurricane and its gonna take up TV, Radio, and newspapers

as it spins.

Other news will be heard as needed.

All is as it is.

ha putting spin on the spin,i like it.

gustav,what a name,is that russian?,rather apt in todays new pre cold war II shinanigans.

gustav...yeah.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

Yep! You said it!

I'm here near St. Pete Beach, Florida.

And its been on the news and radio lots (as it should be).

Me and the wife have been watching updates and making cookies and eating our stress away!

All and all good coverage here either on the radio (which I'm hearing now in my room as I type this) or TV.

This is our local TV station we watch that has a great hurrican presentation !!

Link media.myfoxtampabay.com...

Good luck everybody thats in harms way!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
but these names were chosen, like, a year ago.

And Gustav isn't a Russian name. It's Swedish.

en.wikipedia.org...

Are we invading Sweden now?

This is an example of how quickly paranoia spreads. I'd bet the thing breaks up by the time it gets onto land.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i beg to differ, i have had CNN on all night and the hurricane is all over the ticker, the right, and they keep talking about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIntoIt

That's all I've seen on tv too, and I live in wisconsin. It seems you can't do anything without hearing about it here.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Still on all major cable news networks.

MSNBC-CNN-FOX

So, all is still spinning the storm.

The only other story covered in-between is Republican convention cancelled.

And a bit of Russia and Georgia blah blah blah

no good bigfoot news

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
OK people, it’s time for a major reality check for a lot of you. ALL of these hurricane "natural" disasters are man-made.

Go here weatherwars.info... to learn how they are engineering these hurricanes . Go to any national or geo-political website if you want to know WHY they are doing it : CHAOS, absolute political CHAOS is the why !

It's time for a reality check, and high time some of you people begin exiting the denial stage. Time to grow up and except that it is, indeed happening. Everything that those people you labeled “conspiracy theorists“ were telling you is coming to pass now. Those "nutcases" were trying to help you people.

The so-called "natural" disaster named GUSTAV was engineered. So was Katrina, and Andrew more than a decade before that. The earthquake in China last May, the earthquake in Indonesia that caused the tsunami, they were man-made UN-natural disasters, just like the AIDS virus. And, yes, HANNA is as well. Geeze fer Christ sake open your eyes! Look at the satellite imagery! Look at the infrared and visible satellite imagery! It’s on every TV station you turn to. Don’t you see it? If you cannot see it, ask yourself why you can’t. Don't you ever look up at the sky anymore? The signs are so obvious Ray Charles could see it, and he’s blind AND he’s dead. So what is your excuse for not allowing yourself to see the obvious signs of weather engineering that are staring you right in the face, plastered all over the news channels, and right in you face above your head every day, all day long? Why is it you refuse to see what they are hiding in plain view all over the media and in the sky above? It’s because you are in a state of absolute denial. The fact that you simply may not be able to comprehend or handle the WHY, why they are engineering these hurricanes does not absolve you of your responsibility to understand that they are, in fact doing it. These hurricanes are a prelude to the next phases which are

An engineered Total Collapse of the U.S. dollar
An engineered Total Collapse of the U.S. Capital markets and banking system
An engineered global bio-pandemic (probably the avian flu)
An engineered magnitude +8.0 earthquake in the U.S. (likely San Francisco)

And these events are just preludes, kind of like appetizers before the main dish. Are you ready for these delectable entrée’s? Here’s the main course:

Engineered chaos as pretext to invoke martial law in the U.S.
Dissolution of U.S., Mexico and Canada.
Establishment of the NAU - North American Union (new currency is the Amero)
Foreign troops enforcing martial law on U.S. streets
FEMA trains to ship non-cooperatives and resisters to the FEMA camps
Mass extermination of 180-250 million American Citizens
Dissolution of the NAU - Establishment of the Illuminati’s NWO - New World Order

All this is slated to happen in the next 3 ½ years, so buckle your seatbelts. Its gonna be a real bumpy ride for a lot of you who simply cannot allow the truth that is staring you in the face to be true.

IT IS TRUE. SO GROW UP !!

STOP ACTING LIKE A PETULENT CHILD AND ACCEPT WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU !!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spannmark

why do you want there to be martial law? you are twisting EVERYTHING just to make it fit your sick, twisted plan when. Bush is gone in january, thats it. He will leave, and the inauguration will go on like it ALWAYS has, nothing different. Hurricanes are part of nature, and they are not engineered. Not everything is out to get you.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spannmark

Why are you spamming this? I think it calls for banning. This is the second time I've seen this advertisement for this website.

new topics

top topics

join