It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about sphere found in the 1970s

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I too am thinking of Zanfretta, Italy. He says he hides a box with a "living "pyramid in it which was given to him by - he says, and I believe him - aliens. He has tried to take photographs of it but the box is "unphotografable".
My question to you, Sir, is this, though: sphere or box, what's the difference? If you're interested in an alien sphere, isn't it totally irrilevant if instead of a sphere it turns out to be an alien box like Zanfretta's?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The incident I was referring to has been found. I am also interested in all the other finds, including the box or cube you refer to. I also read a book on the Maury Island UFO incident that happened in 1947, and the author did have some newspaper articles about a man who found a three foot disk. There were many witnesses to it, and the man took it home and put it away somewhere.
I still wonder how many attics and or basements have disks or any other objects or old military papers "borrowed" and stowed away.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
dear kidflash, i am the grandchild of "tony"betz. Though he passed away about 21 years ago, the family is alive and well. I have asked my grandma and uncle a million times at christmas about the whereabouts of "The Ball", but I just get a smile. See, I was not born yet when it was found, but I was raised with all the stories. I don't know if they still have it, or gave it away, but the gov't never got it-though they tried a long time ago. Wish I had a chance to see it too, but I guess Grandma can really keep a secret. And the family did get tired of the press, from what I've heard, it was harassment. But it was not a hoax. Dr. Hynek(one of the Dr.s that researched it-also had work at area 51) he made a small appearence at the end of the movie, Close Encounters of the third kind. He's the old bearded man smoking the pipe at the landing of the ufo. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

wow I don't know about what was found in the 70's but that is what I saw in 97 check my most recent blog entry.
I am curious about this now and am starring and flagging this post.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow,
I read stories like this and like a lot of you, I become enthralled and very excited - "finally some proof!". Then I finish the read or the view or the listen, only to hear something on the lines of "the where abouts of the evidence at this time is unknown". And to think I am frequently attacked for being skeptical.
Still holding out hope, still a skeptic...
Vance

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
How about those weird spheres found in South Africa, near the Klerksdorp area? I heard about them many years ago, whilst living there, and just never got the chance to go see it in person.

Here is 1 link to it:

community-2.webtv.net...@HH!96!10!0C394463B0D1/WF11/MysterySpheres/

There must be others because I have seen a totally different web page on it a few years back.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Dammit!

'http://community-2.webtv.net/@HH!96!10!0C394463B0D1/WF11/MysterySpheres/'

Just copy and past the entire link above in your browser...

Some more links:

www.virtuescience.com...
www.book-of-thoth.com...

[edit on 21-9-2008 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Those spheres are fascinating as they are over a billion years old. Who made them and why? The markings around them have been called natural by some geologists, but they cannot explain how.

And to the other poster, the spheres were tested and pictures were taken. They do exist, and in one case the family has it, in others the government has them. The people did not profit from them, and wanted their privacy. These are most probably real cases, although no one can be 100% sure on it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
All i can say is holy crap how often does this happen? I've heard two seperate stories from two seperate people that I didn't believe at the time about finds similar to these. one a sphere one a disc... both of which if the stories can be believed were hidden away by the family's and never spoken of outside of very tight groups. This goes way beyond forbidden archaeology to some other place.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The incident I was referring to has been found. I am also interested in all the other finds,

Here it is at your request, the best recopilation to date. Part 1 to 7. Just turn off
the stupid music. Enjoy and have a nice day.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Somebody mentioned the movie Heavy Metal already, but it also brings to mind the movie Solarbabies. Been a long time since I've heard about this story, since I was a little spike actually...
Kidflash - thank you for bringing it back to the forefront. s/f

It'd be something if the family could be located and would be willing to discuss it in the open media. It'd would be really something if they still held posession of said sphere. So like someone said - UfoReality...what're you up to these days? Maybe there's something you can look into?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sorry to dredge this old topic up, but for the people who are still interested in this sphere, there was a write-up about it yesterday on Mysterious Universe.
I never knew anything about this, but it's seriously fascinating!!!

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hayyel

Thanks for bumping this old thread, I was reading about this as it was happening, (I know, I'm showing my age). But your link provided some new information and questions. Going to have to do some more searching on this now that you have rekindled my curiosity on this one.
S for you.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You are welcome, Wolfie!

Yeah...I honestly never knew anything about this until I read the article I linked to. I did a Google search on the sphere, and I was kind of astounded by how little there actually is about it online. This thread was one of the search results, so I thought you guys might be interested.
This sphere still has to be out there somewhere, you know? I would love to check this thing out in person.
One can wish, right?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I recall a story on the net about a witness seeing a ship and a molten piece of metal
fell off the ship and was recovered.

I now suspect one of the 1/2 metal sphere terminals got heated from the intensive
Tesla waves during a malfunction.

Ed: The metal may have reformed into a sphere. It was a small piece of metal
with the shape of a frozen droplet.
ED+: Sorry its a spike:
www.greatdreams.com...
Google search found it.

edit on 4/23/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm in SW Alabama, & remember reading about the sphere from Florida as a kid. I have never, over 30 yrs, found anything that debunks this case for sure.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hayyel
Sorry to dredge this old topic up, but for the people who are still interested in this sphere, there was a write-up about it yesterday on Mysterious Universe.
I never knew anything about this, but it's seriously fascinating!!!

mysteriousuniverse.org...

Thank you for the story! Wow....

I do have to say the author of the story is guilty of laaaazy journalism. How in the world did he not try to track down the betz family??

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
After a little digging, there is a "Betz Realty Inc" located in Jacksonville that sells homes on ft George island (isle where the betz family resided). Don't know if related, but am coincidence.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hi, sorry to come to this post late but I just came across it. I've followed the Betz story for a few years but have run up against the same dead end. Did anyone investigate the new lead about the Betz Realty?

The mysterious small silver balls recall two things to me: One is the Foo Fighters of WWII and the years just after (I've seen pictures from the 60's of planes being tailed by them and in one famous 70's photo an SST). Here is a pretty good overview:

Foo Fighters of WWII
The Foo Fighters of World War Two

It also recalled the numerous balls of light at night or daytime silver balls creating crop circles:

Dr. Hasselhoff & Balls of Light Theory
Spinning Balls of Light Inscribe Crop Circles

There are dozens of other examples. I look forward to hearing more on this!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join