It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain the Hypocrite?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So, of course we have all heard McCain use the experience argument against Obama. My question is why the hell did he pick a VP wisth equal/less experience than Obama when he's 72-73 years old and has had cancer more than once, so what is the deal? So now that she is only a heartbeat away from being POTUS can that argument still be viable?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
So, of course we have all heard McCain use the experience argument against Obama. My question is why the hell did he pick a VP wisth equal/less experience than Obama when he's 72-73 years old and has had cancer more than once, so what is the deal? So now that she is only a heartbeat away from being POTUS can that argument still be viable?

WELL honestly I agree...

The TALKING POINTS here state that PALIN being a 18 month governor has plenty of experience. Although I do also believe that this is ULTRA hypocritical.

Personally I think she is going to try and fake it till she makes it. Charisma will trump reality in this case.....

The political right is now pressing her "experience" and actively back tracking on the whole issue of experience.

This is a good strategy for Mccain in some ways...

His campaign is trying to LEVEL the playing field and I believe the next step will be REVAMPING as a REFORMIST movement.

Wether or not people will forget the past eight years is an entirely different ???

The downside for Mccain is that he has effectively gone off message completely.
One thing he and his strategist have seemed to forget is YOU MUST STAY ON MESSAGE!

ALA BUSH was TERROR TERROR TERROR...This " TERROR " strategy worked as we all know.

Mccain will now have to retool everything, as he is effectively at square one.

OBAMA in speech today (convention) seems to have adopted the ROVE/CLINTON
idea of staying on message. In this same speech he and BIDEN did not stray and actually did not even mention PALIN once... All of the focus is on MCCAIN/BUSH
and the DIFFERENCE of OBAMA/BIDEN platform.

ONE thing is either PALIN is going to pay off in a big way or BACKFIRE HUGE!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Why did you guys argue that experience is no big deal, because its all about the change?

Everyone is hypocrites if you're honest with yourself. This is politics.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

she might be a heartbeat away from the potus, but obama is a heartbeat away from the potus.

it evens itself out
who would you rather have? an unexperienced vice pres, or an unexperienced pres? take your pick in november

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well I also wonder on that one, while Obama can not compare to Sarah, Obama portrait himself as an intelligent and well spoken politician that understands this nations problems and at least knows where other nations are located along with who are the names of their leaders.

He made a big movement and rather than getting Hillary as his running mate he brought a man that will supplement what Obama is lacking in experience and years as a Washington savvy.

But McCain rather than complement its experience and age with somebody with the same experience and well known, chose a woman that is only welcome in her neck of the woods.

She is completely lacking the confidence of a savvy politician like Biden.

I still wonder what in the heck McCain was thinking about.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Why did you guys argue that experience is no big deal, because its all about the change?

I never made that argument. I'm just saying that McCain's main argument against Obama is that he isn't experienced enough to be President, and then he does this. Yes everyone is hypocrites, but this one came way out of left field, i'm still in shock. This would be like Obama puting Clinton on the Democratic ticket. It just doesn't make since to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Im not arguing that years of experience is a big deal, I am arguing that this further proves the hypocrisy coming from the republicans and its supporters. To make it worse McCain only met her once before, that and the fact he chose her purely for "gender reasons".

Is this guy stuck in the 60s or something?

but seriously... what an insult to women everywhere. Is this how righties intend to get the demographics these days? just dump somebody on the ticked for biological reasons?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I never made that argument. I'm just saying that McCain's main argument against Obama is that he isn't experienced enough to be President, and then he does this. Yes everyone is hypocrites, but this one came way out of left field, i'm still in shock. This would be like Obama puting Clinton on the Democratic ticket. It just doesn't make since to me.

She isn't going to be president, Obama is! On top of that, she has a lot more experience that Obama does! Again, the media has been pushing this idea that experience doesn't matter, up until his point. From my perspective, its you guys and your media that the hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sure she does, her experience is all on how she has worked her uterus in her adult life.

You are right she can not compete with Obama.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

The difference is that Obama is running for president. Sarah Palin is not.

The Dems are taking the bait on this one, hook, line and sinker. With this selection, McCain is planting the idea that someone of Palin's (and Obama's) experience level is well suited to the Vice Presidential role but perhaps not President.

The Republicans are counting on the average voter to see this connection and, if they do indeed make that connection, the Dems attacks on Palin will reflect back on themselves. Afterall, if you're going to attack a VP Palin for having only two years in as a governor, what does that say of your own candidate who had 2 years in the senate when he announced his presidential run and only 3.5 now?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There's something wrong with the entire picture.

McCain doesnt care...hmmm....I wonder if he knows that Bush is going to stay.......

Its such a silly role that he is playing, i've never seen anything like this before...him picking that woman, plus the convenient (man-made hurricanes) plus Bush making wars in every corners of the Earth....

Everything is just sooooo weird

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
DG we are living very strange days, I am still trying to figure out why McCain choose that woman from Alaska, taking into consideration that is many other women in congress with political experience and savvy enough to take the role.

I guess McCain is getting senile and having a young women that can be his daughter will make him feel young again.

Because I can not imagine what she could be good for beside a trophy type of VP for McCain.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

She isn't going to be president, Obama is! On top of that, she has a lot more experience that Obama does! Again, the media has been pushing this idea that experience doesn't matter, up until his point. From my perspective, its you guys and your media that the hypocrite.

Getting a little defensive, eh? Yeah the MSM has been pushing for that idea, except for FOX. But it's kinda different when a candidate bases his whole campaign around experience and then picks a VP with little experience at all, who doesn't even know what the daily routine of a VP is.

McCain just gave this election to Obama, and probably offended alot of people by picking someone just because she is a woman. heh.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
The difference is that Obama is running for president. Sarah Palin is not.

The Dems are taking the bait on this one, hook, line and sinker. With this selection, McCain is planting the idea that someone of Palin's (and Obama's) experience level is well suited to the Vice Presidential role but perhaps not President.

The Republicans are counting on the average voter to see this connection and, if they do indeed make that connection, the Dems attacks on Palin will reflect back on themselves. Afterall, if you're going to attack a VP Palin for having only two years in as a governor, what does that say of your own candidate who had 2 years in the senate when he announced his presidential run and only 3.5 now?

With McCains argument of 'experience' you would have thought he would have picked a VP who was 'experienced' enough to walk in on day one and be president. You can't say "Well she is qualified to be VP but not POTUS", It just doesn't work like that, and it's just a bit foolish to say.

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Uniceft17]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
She is completely lacking the confidence of a savvy politician like Biden.

I still wonder what in the heck McCain was thinking about.

McCain and the Republican party are hopeless hypocrites, absolutely.

I think it comes down to McCain and many of his supporters seeing her as their "savior". Sarah Palin, Goddess of the Great White North, has come to save the campaign of John McCain from certain failure...

No matter that she has no experience... no matter that she's a conservative extremist, no matter that she is basically nobody, she's purdy! She's a girl! She's a Goddess... She will bring the GOP Victory!

Little Known "Facts" about Goddess Sarah

Sarah Palin’s enemies are automatically added to the Endangered Species List
Jesus has a bracelet that says, “WWSPD?”
Sarah Palin once won a competitive eating contest by devouring three live caribou.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

She isn't going to be president, Obama is!

I'm glad to see you've come to your senses.

dgtempe, I agree that everything about this feels weird... Almost like there's a plan that we don't know about. A secret plan...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
DG we are living very strange days, I am still trying to figure out why McCain choose that woman from Alaska, taking into consideration that is many other women in congress with political experience and savvy enough to take the role.

I guess McCain is getting senile and having a young women that can be his daughter will make him feel young again.

Because I can not imagine what she could be good for beside a trophy type of VP for McCain.

I can't imagine the amount of pure sexism that goes on here, and how it's just accepted like there's nothing wrong with it.

Gov. Palin is a person first, and yet every reference to her is only about her being a woman.

Can you imagine if this is how people referred to Obama, except in terms of race?

"I can't imagine why the Dems picked that BLACK from the South Side of Chicago o be the candidate, unless of course it's just so they can have a token BLACK on the ticket."

"I guess having a BLACK on the ticket will make the Dems feel less white guilt."

"I guess the Dems need somebody in the White House to clean the toilets and shine Biden's shoes."

See how utterly disgusting your posts come across yet?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
I can't imagine the amount of pure sexism that goes on here, and how it's just accepted like there's nothing wrong with it.

Gov. Palin is a person first, and yet every reference to her is only about her being a woman.

Can you imagine if this is how people referred to Obama, except in terms of race?

"I can't imagine why the Dems picked that BLACK from the South Side of Chicago o be the candidate, unless of course it's just so they can have a token BLACK on the ticket."

"I guess having a BLACK on the ticket will make the Dems feel less white guilt."

"I guess the Dems need somebody in the White House to clean the toilets and shine Biden's shoes."

See how utterly disgusting your posts come across yet?

I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone called this sexism, Could you name any other reasons why McCain picked Palin, anything? any at all?

I think Obama does have a degree of appeal because he's black, but that doesn't get him very far. Perhaps it is his life story, how he grew up. He seems like the average American to me, or used to be the average American.

top topics

join