It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gustav is coming , but i gotta stay

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

In New Orleans, Nagin used stark language to urge residents to get out of the city, calling Gustav the "the mother of all storms."

Just saw this and thought of you. Are you all leaving yet?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by sickofitall2012]

[edit on 31-8-2008 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ummmm, did you see the latest update??

the window is closing much faster, Gustav could strike between 9am and 2pm tomorrow!!!!

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
think about it like this. If I was 7 feer tall, had glowing red eyes, and 12 guage shotgun pointed at you saying if you don't leave, I will put three shots in your belly, would you go?
Well Gutav is bigger than me and his gun is a lot bigger. GTFON please.
Don't be one of those people that had ten resuers loose their lifes trying to save becase you "couldn't" leave. You have to think about someone other than yourself and your buddies. They have beer inland.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I hope that you are on your way out of there and that your friends are as well. I would be surprised if the motel ALLOWED you to stay ... but you said your friends had the use of a car and you were making your plans to evacuate so I assume that's what you are doing.

Thoughts and prayers to all of you that are in that area and are evacuating. I hope that everyone remains safe and that gustav quickly looses strength as it approaches land.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So many Gustav threads - didn't know where to post this. I'm in the northern gulf region now and this afternoon we had a hell of a storm from the feeder bands. But I came across this and I wanted to post so residents in the affected area will know the parameters of what they will be dealing with if SHTF:

www.legitgov.org...

[edit on 30/8/2008 by kosmicjack]

Just another reason to love being on the gulf coast (yes, i'm being sarcastic and really dont like it here)

Deep South, Deadly Hurricane and Blackwater = fun fun fun

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you haven't yet...Leave Now.

Do you think you're going to get that pay check in any relevant time frame?

Just Leave.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Please be mindful of your situation in the building you are in. How sturdy is it's foundation? Have you boarded up windows? Food and water? You will need ALOT of water.

Remember: Those Fema trailers are sitting on cinder blocks. Once those high winds come in, they are going to be flying around. (I'm not sure where you are situated in relation to those trailers)

I rode out Hurricane Andrew one year with friends. We boarded up everything and I have never experienced anything as scary, not even the tornados I lived through growing up.

When that hurricane hit, the walls and the floors in the house were shaking. I've never felt a wood floor shake like that.

If you aren't prepared for the worst, get out of there.... now.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Anyone still in NOLA and surrounding areas will now have to find their own transportation out of the city. As of noon CST (about 15 minutes ago), the free bus transport registration is over. Those who registered by noon will be evacuated throughout the day; anyone who has not yet registered will not be able to board one of the evac buses.

Dusk to dawn curfew goes into effect tonight. Anyone not on official business who leaves their property after ~6:30pm will be arrested.

Landfall is tomorrow afternoon. There is very little time left if one hasn't left yet.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by goukilock

Godspeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to get a water proof throw away camera or something... if military or police are acting out of line and hurting people... take some pictures!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've been living in Louisiana all my life, through every hurricane since 1979. I have never left for one and won't until one stays a CAT 3 on land for any amount of time. Every time one hits land it ALWAYS down grades to a CAT 2 or below. Time to break out the rum and beer and have hurricane parties.

Seriously, the only think I'd be worried about are tornados that accompany the winds. Other than that the media blows every thing out of proportion. Of course, I don't live in a mobile home or wooden house so I feel pretty safe. I'm staying put!!

EDIT: Forgot to add, I'm also not directly on the coast, about 50 miles inland in Lafayette. If I lived on the coast, then yes, my butt would be headed north.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Quazi176]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I don't live in a mobile home or wooden house so I feel pretty safe. I'm staying put!!

Where in LA are you located? I can't imagine that you are anywhere near the coast or any place that was hit by Katrina or I don't think you would have said that the media blows it all out of proportion.

Are there emergency evac orders in your area? Are you staying alone or do you have friends/family with you? I certainly hope that if you refuse to evacuate you will at least post frequently to keep us informed of how you are doing!

I'm assuming the OP has left and doesn't yet have access to the internet. Hopefully we'll get confirmation from the OP that he/she is safe and sound!

Prayers to all of you in the area. Please stay safe!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
GOD SHALL BLESS YOU!!!!

and please! oh please!!!

LEAVE THIS CITY and take care of everybody you will meet!!!

hope to see you again :-)

Nia

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Get the hell out of there! the storm surge could cover that travelodge. When I lived in Tampa, during hurricane charlie. I was given a sobering choice- evacuate to save yourself- or stay with no guarantee of being saved- you were more or less on your own.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I live on the west coast of Florida and I have never had one this big hit directly but hurricane Charley caught my relatives off guard in Orlando and it ripped my grandmothers house apart. My dad said that every 60 seconds they got wind gust to about 120mph and it sounded like a bomb going off because so much crap was ripping off houses. He had to ride it out in a Cadillac lol.

The storm is not the worst part though unless its a monster and this one looks like it will not be so bad unless its forward speed just makes it that much worse, Add the seventeen mph forward speed to that sustained speed and now calculate the gust from hell. (GET OUT)!!!!

Its living in the stone age for weeks after if you stay that I would not want to deal with for no amount of money. Living under martial law would not be a good thing either.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You need to get across the lake as soon as possible. The storm surge of Katrina picked up pieces of the I10 bridge right off it's foundation. I'd take the 11 bridge into Slidell and head north. When the storm surge hits, it's gonna slosh the lake north into Slidell and the other communities there. Afterwards, the lake will slosh back south into NOLA. There will be power outages. There will be debris on the road. Get across the lake NOW before it is too late. You need to be as far north of I10 as possible. BTW, I used to live in Slidell. Good luck and God Speed.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well i Said I would reply anon.

but me and my friend talked Logic into his girlfriend

we packed all we could, and put the comics in a rubbermaid tub using a whole role of ducktap to seal it

if i'm lucky that will at least have a chance of finding it flouting but dry inside

we are in Georga after 13 hours of driving. and it is really crazy to see all these Lousianna license plates in a whole other state

and now there saying that the westbank is
really gonna get the shaft this time

It really sucks to leave a place not knowing if it it's gonna even be there

or if you should bother coming back

but adams' (the male roomate) dad got a nice couple of room at a holiday inn,it's in some suberb of Atlanta

Free Wi Fi, but like i said, my account could only be accessed from travelodge cause my e-mail account was attached to an e-mail address i let expire, but i was saved by firefox at work for saving it all for me

but alas i have know idea what my password was (it was dotes on my saved login)

so yes this is goukilock, but i think i've lost that alias so i guesss i'll get a new non yahoo+hotmail e-mail to make a new account

I'm really glad i left it's not lookin good for the harvey canal by my house

Like 5 blocks

so yeah, leaving.......good advice

thanks again

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by undermind

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So many Gustav threads - didn't know where to post this. I'm in the northern gulf region now and this afternoon we had a hell of a storm from the feeder bands. But I came across this and I wanted to post so residents in the affected area will know the parameters of what they will be dealing with if SHTF:

www.legitgov.org...

1. Current sworn [may be full time, part time or reserve]
2. With arrest powers
3. Armed status (must indicate Armed and/or Semi Auto. Revolver only not accepted) expiration must be greater than 60 days out
4. Departmental credentials (not just a badge)

Armed Security Officers (all criteria must apply)

Only from the following states: OR, WA, CA, NV, NM, AZ, TX, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, MD, IL, OK

1. Current/active/licensed/registered armed security officer
2. All training verification [unarmed and armed certificates of completion]
3. Current state issued face card indicting armed status [expiration must be greater than 60 days out]

Why no-one from Mississippi or Louisianna?

Because they are likely to have too much empathy/sympathy to enforce martial law if it becomes necessary, which - thank God - doesn't seem as likely at this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join