It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johnny's back from the Gilliland Ranch in Washington.. & "OH BOY"!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

The first night there, James was busy with some other guests and he wasn't as vocal with our crowd. The second night he was a bit more rah rah for a while and then he quieted down. I don't know what he was like when Johnny was there without us but I know that there were other people there so he might not have had the time to focus on any one person or group.

I think that, at first, his excitement did lead to some manipulation (I SAW MY FIRST UFO!!!! - springer) but I think that the group, as a whole, quickly learned to dismiss this overzealous excitement rather quickly and, as a result, James let up on the "It's Powering UP!" cries of joy.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

good to hear that you have been able to sort this out and fade/blind it out.
otherwise i would have feared for the analyzing of the material.

it is quiet easy to explain everything unknow with UFOs since one is in the subject like everybody here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

remember, we were documenting everything with two video cameras so, even if we all were swayed by the background noise, when Johnny reviews the footage he will be doing it alone, with only his notes. He'll be without the excitement and this will allow for a more sober approach to the footage.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I cant wait to see what you guys filmed and if theres some really great material then its time to find out what James Gillilland knows. If its all real then these are exciting times ! If ATS cant figure out whats flying about over Washington then we got some genuine UFOs.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I looked at google to see if I could get any details from Mt. Adams. Goggle doesn't give you clarity as it does in some locations. Which I find odd...

I tried Map-quest and it gives better details, but shows nothing out of the ordinary.

I notice next to the mountain that an area is allocated as "Yakima Indian Reservation"

I decided to search for any Legends or Lores from this tribe and came across this...

The Yakama Indians of the east slope of the Cascade Mountains of Washington State have a legend, persisting to this day, of the "Stick People" or little ones that live high in the hills. Some hills are sacred places for the Stick People and should not be trammeled. If they are visited, the Stick People will do you harm. Also, the Stick People do a lot of unprovoked mischief, such as stealing your car keys. [Stories told to me - Bruce G. Marcot, Ph.D. Research Wildlife Ecologist - during a May 1997 invited visit into the sacred Yakama forest land -- by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service biologists working closely with the Yakama Indian Nation.]

The Stick People

Yakama Indian William Charley told this story to McWhorter about the Tah-tah kle' -ah (Owl-Woman-Monster) in 1918. "Before the tribes lived peaceably in this country, before the last creation, there were certain people who ate Indians whenever they could get them. They preferred and hunted children, as better eating. These people, the Tah-tah kle' -ah, were taller and larger than the common human. They ate every bad thing known such as frogs, lizards, snakes, and other things that Indians do not eat. They talked the Indian language, and in that way might fool the Indians. There were five of them, all sisters. But at the last creation they came up only in California. Two were seen there. They were women, tall big, women, who lived in a cave."

"One time the Shastas (Shasta Indians) were digging roots and camped. They knew that the two Tah-tah kle' -ah were about, were in that place. The Indians were careful, but the Tah-tah kle'-ah caught one little boy, not to eat, but to raise up and live with them. The boy thought he would be killed, but he was not. The Tah-tah kle'-ah had him several days...[One day], when they were out of sight, the boy hurried away. He ran fast, traveled over rough, wild places, and at last reached his own people... After many years the two Tah-tah-kle'-ah were destroyed. None knew how, but perhaps by a higher power. Their cave home became red hot and blew out. The monster-women were never seen again, never more heard of. but they have always been talked about as the most dangerous beings on earth. One other of the five sisters was drowned. From her eye, all owls were created. The person or power that killed her said to her, 'From now on, your eye will be the only part of you to act. At night it will go to certain birds, the owls'."

The Tah-tah-kle'-ah (Owl-Woman Monster)

Higher power destroyed the evidence of these beings locations... Sounds like abductions.

Wonder what other fables one might be able to dig up....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Touche

Cover blown.
Crawling back into the dark recesses of work.

So, the way to effect any organization is to get in and change it (read "evolve it") from the inside. Johnny, Mufon could use your help. Anyone else out there too. Especially as informed as you are. True pure science will ignore sectarian, political or any other lines of limit. Do the science!

Remember when Neo dove into agent Smith and fractured him into particles??? Change can be a bitch, but needs to happen. Right?

People are coming out and reporting sightings they had years ago. Hard to investigate, but it does add to statistical analysis.

So, the video. Can you make this footage available in full resolution? FTP site with original file in whatever format is the only way to properly analyze this.

I know jritzmann will get a shot. I'd love to bring this onto my video tool bench too.

So any plans for dissemination of video data yet?

ZG

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

Cover blown.
Crawling back into the dark recesses of work.

So, the way to effect any organization is to get in and change it (read "evolve it") from the inside. Johnny, Mufon could use your help. Anyone else out there too. Especially as informed as you are.

The problem here is that I don't necessarily consider myself informed. More like a "guy" that has an idea and a thirst to try and find some truth's about the aerial phenomena without the stigma of a structured and corporate red-tape and influence. Anything I've learned and/or captured was by the school of "Hard Rocks", (get it.. Hard rocks as while I was out in the field investigating and stumbled over the... :lol
Anyway, I'm just one guy that likes to fly solo because I don't have to answer to anyone. My research has been solely for myself, a personal quest if you will.

So, the video. Can you make this footage available in full resolution? FTP site with original file in whatever format is the only way to properly analyze this. I know jritzmann will get a shot. I'd love to bring this onto my video tool bench too. So any plans for dissemination of video data yet?
ZG

Don't know how the AboveNetwork LLC. will handle the footage, I know that Ritzman and Biedny have been asked to look it over and I'm sure they will do a fine job with it. Who knows, perhaps all I captured is bugs and swamp gas..
And if so that will be fine with me, I'll use it as a tool for a means to be better informed/equiped next time out in the field... I've fallen on my face a number of times, and probably will another few times. It's part of the learning process. Unlike many arm-chair enthusiasts that freely offer their conjecture and claiming otherwise (I wish you'd get out from behind the PC and actually step outside and try some real research someday), there isn't a "real" class in UFO's 101 or school (granted MUFON has a better idea than most) as almost all "real" UFO's cases are slightly different than the last. And that's with dismissing about 95% of all cases as being explainable. Yes there will be some events phenomena that 'ring similar' to one another with one or two factors, but I find many to be semi-unique. Anyone who is basing their conclusions based on the large amounts of photos and YouTube Videos on the internet should have their head examined if they think they can adequately call themselves ufologists or ufo researchers. Anyone that solely tweaks and plays with graphic/video plugins and manipulates an event to suit there conjecture/theories is not fooling anyone but themselves and I pay no attention to them.

The only way to effectively begin your quest (in my opinion), is to go out there yourself and attempt to see/capture your own experience. Then and only then will I maybe listen and pay a bit more attention of what you bring to the table. After you've spent several 100 hours out in the field and gone through the hours of footage frame by frame, then and only then will you have moved closer in trying to become a real enthusiast (again, this is only my opinion and I'm sure you have your own).

Johnny extra DIV

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

The only way to effectively begin your quest (in my opinion), is to go out there yourself and attempt to see/capture your own experience. Then and only then will I maybe listen and pay a bit more attention of what you bring to the table. After you've spent several 100 hours out in the field and gone through the hours of footage frame by frame, then and only then will you have moved closer in trying to become a real enthusiast (again, this is only my opinion and I'm sure you have your own).

I tend top agree with what you said. But for those without resource or knowledge of the technology there are people like Mufon technical investigators and Jritzman and Biedney, Dilitoso (he's retired a bit), Maccabee and others who can better understand the technology and pull emperical quantifiable out of what otherwise might only be a moth or dust spec at an incorrect focal.

Some with only video experience lack other sensibilities like aerial technology, astronomical understanding, physics, sociology, and on and on. It takes more than a video expert for some of these events we get to be properly understood, let alone the purely image-based data.

I do plan to go there with appropriate optics and hardware/software and do some actual work in the field. Just a matter of time. Plenty here to keep us busy for now however. Anxious to see what you guys get too.

I only push Mufon because there is some scientific standards and cooperative efforts spanning disciplines. This is much bigger than video and photographic evidence. Like you said, "...capture your own experience."

"Seeing is bereaving" our own ignorance.

ZG

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So how many hours have you combed through now, JA? At the half way mark yet? LOL.

Another curiosity I had, knowing you were filming in Gen-3 IR, is have you come across any anomolies that you didn't see at the time with the naked eye that have really taken you by suprise?

I ask because my G/F and I while filming in Nightshot a few nights ago seemed to have captured something very bizarre, that neither of us saw with our bare eyes. It's quite fleeting, but we never saw it while we were watching with our bare eyes. Weird to say the least.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
So how many hours have you combed through now, JA? At the half way mark yet? LOL.

I'm in the lower 70+ hours left to go, I've not gotten much sleep obviously.

Another curiosity I had, knowing you were filming in Gen-3 IR, is have you come across any anomolies that you didn't see at the time with the naked eye that have really taken you by suprise?

Actually, although we did use some Gen-3 IR Goggles, taping was done on a equivalent of a Gen-2 device with a video output. There is no audio associated with those particular videos. And the only anomalies that perhaps we didn't see were those that were captured with the static cameras that were set to record and we walked away from them only to return and swap tapes in them.

I ask because my G/F and I while filming in Nightshot a few nights ago seemed to have captured something very bizarre, that neither of us saw with our bare eyes. It's quite fleeting, but we never saw it while we were watching with our bare eyes. Weird to say the least.

Very cool!
hope that you have the opportunity to post it for everyone to have a gander at it. But to answer your original query.. Yes, when I first started getting into IR photography and videography, I did have a number of events that I could not see by the naked eye. And only saw these "things" in the infrared frequency. I've been leaning for quite some time to the idea that many UFO's and "other unknown things" are only visible in the Infrared spectrum. I also believe that there is phenomena other than UFO's that also can be caught with the use of IR. In fact it's quite possible that many of the captures at the Gilliland Ranch were of this type, but this is just my own personal conjecture and I have no way of backing up those thoughts/theories. It's more like a feeling...

And now back to the video reviewing.. (oh my eyes... my eyes...)

Johnny

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
I only push Mufon because there is some scientific standards and cooperative efforts spanning disciplines. This is much bigger than video and photographic evidence. Like you said, "...capture your own experience."

"Seeing is bereaving" our own ignorance.

ZG

As I've mentioned before, I think MUFON has more of a clue than others, and if not I wouldn't attempt to implement many of their suggestions and thoughts on how to deal with a sighting/landing/crash-retrieval.

"Seeing is bereaving" our own ignorance"... That's just too funny ZG..

BTW ZeroGhost... Did you ever read my MUFON Symposium summary (with photos)?
My MUFON Symposium Summary

Johnny

OK.. I'm really getting back to the reviewing... really..!

[edit on 9/3/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

Johnny
I agree with this whole heartedly. I have never considered myself a UFOlogist, I am simply someone who has seen several in my lifetime and spend some free time trying to understand what it was I saw. I research the subject yes... but I do not go out looking for them. I do not have a camera on hand and ready, although given my proness to seeing them I ought to. Sadly however it seems that every time I get a nice camera something happens to it.. usually at the mishappen hands of my hubby. *sigh*

But back to the subject at hand.. One needs to get out there and do their own viewing and data collection to truly call themselves a UFOlogist.

IMHO.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
But to answer your original query.. Yes, when I first started getting into IR photography and videography, I did have a number of events that I could not see by the naked eye. And only saw these "things" in the infrared frequency. I've been leaning for quite some time to the idea that many UFO's and "other unknown things" are only visible in the Infrared spectrum. I also believe that there is phenomena other than UFO's that also can be caught with the use of IR. In fact it's quite possible that many of the captures at the Gilliland Ranch were of this type, but this is just my own personal conjecture and I have no way of backing up those thoughts/theories. It's more like a feeling...

And now back to the video reviewing.. (oh my eyes... my eyes...)

Johnny

Well, I'll try not to veer too far off course here, but before I really got into the UFO subject matter, I used to be heavily into ghosts and haunted locales. I used to see ALL MANNER of weird anomolies in IR at haunted locales that I never saw with the naked eye. Spent many a night at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, and it left me changed forever in terms of my "reality".

To tie it in together perhaps, I'm not so sure that some of these things aren't residing in the same types of light frequencies and dimensions. Maybe just outside the visible range of our limited senses, but ever so close, close enough to be picked up with these devices that branch out and capture a much broader range of the light spectrum...

Looking forward to see your next footage submission friend.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
so....

no amazing video of sattva's numerous ufo's, then?

not even so much as a picture?

the way the place is described, the sky must be dark with flying saucers blotting out the sun, yet...

not so much as a pixel?

i mean, besides that few seconds of somone shining a light at the camera from a few hundred feet away, that was claimed to have been on the mountain, 13 miles away?

is that it?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

They haven't finished the video editing with the UFO footage. I'm sure it's on its way.

With that said, I love you guys and all, but I'm getting kind of antsy.

Maybe you could give us just a taste with some photos or something? If not, I understand. It's done when it's done. Thanks for putting so much time and effort into this. I can't wait to see what you got.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is great! Precisely the sort of thing that is missing in all too many UFO investigations: trustworthy people on the ground observing and recording. It looks like there was enough real stuff going on to warrant at least one return trip by the Team. To quote "Dr. Weaver" in Men In Black: Interesting job you guys have. I'm happy to wait for the results to be presented in a coherent and professional way. How long did we have to wait for news of what was going on at the NIDS ranch, with a near total information blackout? This is way more fun.

Thanks, guys, for making the sacrifices required to get that plush RV out to the middle of the boonies. Living on whiskey and steak and eggs just confirms your commitment to carrying out the investigation no matter what!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha

is that it?

I haven't put together a spiffy avatar yet, but as your username is my username's arch rival I just had to jump in

Read the thread - it's being worked on....

[edit on 3-9-2008 by maudeeb]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Okay I know this is a little off topic, but after the battery thing has come up and after reading through eleven pages with no one mentioning this, I have to write this post. I don’t know how it is in the U.S. or other countries or anything, but here in Canada we are taught electro chemistry in high school and how dry and wet battery cells work.

Recharging batteries by heating them in your hand is not uncommon and is in fact expected to happen. This is most true in fact for newer age batteries. Battery cells work by using a process/sate or condition known as equilibrium. I don’t want to go into technical detail on how they work, but the point I want to make is that, when you heat the battery the chemical reaction speeds up releasing more charge. When chemical reaction becomes more “run out” I guess you could say,”The charge decreases” and they don’t supply sufficient current. Since most devices demand a minimum amount of current to function most battery manufactures put a special mechanism in the batters that once the charge drops below the required minimum it indicates that the battery is dead or out of charge. Since the process is reliant on nature it is not always exact. In many cases the indication mechanism is offset and the battery is still producing current and may have much latent current that is releasing too slowly. Simply heating the battery speeds up the process and releases the latent current, it could appear that a battery that is completely dead, to then indicate full charge and start functioning again. Once the device starts running it produces heat and the battery is kept warm and will still produce the latent charge. Thus, it appears that holding the battery in your hand has recharged it to full.

My family hikes a lot in the mountains and we always bring cameras. This happens all the time and when our cameras stop working or the batteries indicate that they are dead we simply heat them up in our hand it works again.

If you want to know more just look up dry cells and electro chemistry up on Wikipedia.

Hopefully this is what is needed to place that last required nail in the coffin for this whole battery recharging issue.

This finally aside I look forward to the video footage. I wish I could be part of any research group and do on site research that would be awesome; I am envious of you guys.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by halfmask]

[edit on 4-9-2008 by halfmask]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

Hi there,

I really doubt these guys (ECETI) check what they film with any software or with Heavens-Above. The video you posted looks like what is called NOSS (satellite triplet) or any other satellites flying in formation because if you watch carefully, they disappear progressively, just like satellites when they enter the Earth's shadow cone.

NOSS : www.satobs.org...

Cheers,
Europa aka Buckwild

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Europa733]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join