It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Shadows on Mars!!! What Are They??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks ArMaP for suggesting the three exclamation marks
But at least the title is correct...

New Approach...

Okay these are NOT rocks... and these are NOT dunes, so now that we have gotten past that... have a look at these and tell me what your logical explanation is... THEN I will tell you mine and THEN I will link you to where I found them in the next few posts. I have hundreds of them so be prepared
But I will start with just a few to see what we come up with.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
To me they look like cactus shadows. But who knows, it's a whole other planet and NASA will only go there to stick their nose in the sand. Or ice. Or wherever they can get the least amount of data possible with the most amount of money

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
all I can think is either a.) some form of CGI (i guess?) or b.) I have noooo clue at all.

[edit on 8/30/2008 by stonespiral]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
They are shadows...of shadows.

Now that I got that outta my system...they HAVE to be something, or why would NASA waste valuable and limited film on NOTHING? Good find Zorgon.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Now this was somehow mind blowing..!

Good and interesting find, really don't have any idea or even the smalles clue of what this might be.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Could be ice clouds, or maybe the moon Phobos?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Also, shadows cast in the winter solstice appear to be longer.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I`m not so sure that what you see are shadows.

There is a possibility that the pictures show some type of deposit,maybe by escaping contaminated liquid water,which rapidly sublimes,leaving deposit behind on the surface.

The darker areas are simply thicker/deeper areas of deposited material.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I've seen these photos before. My guess is some sort of plant life. The place seems to be full of rather large plant life.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Could you give us a link to the original picture, Zorgon? I dont trust your image cropping after the "Herd of animals on Mars" thread

Very nice find!!!

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting!

If these are shadows it´s either a) a very weird looking object or b) smoke plumes. Personally i get the feeling that it´s something "flowing" on the ground or some kind of erosion.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya

Indeed a link to the full pics would be helpful.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Although like I said before, it could be the moon Phobos passing during the winter solstice. And the shadows could just appear distorted due to Mars' surface or a reflection of something on it. And the length, again could be due to winter solstice.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They look almost like volcanic eruptions. At least the first one. You can see it raised as there is a shadow of the dark plume.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I too am clueless. Though the second one reminded me of a polar pic of one of the planets...wish I could retrieve which one.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
They look almost like volcanic eruptions. At least the first one. You can see it raised as there is a shadow of the dark plume.

AH There we go...
I knew someone would spot it..

Here is a painting of what you might see sanding on the ice...

Artwork Credit: Arizona State University/Ron Miller

Here is a field of them from higher up

MSSS Image # E08-00337
www.msss.com...

[edit on 30-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here is one a little closer...

MSSS Image # M07-01830
www.msss.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here is one in color

New Geysers in M11 01809
www.msss.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hey where is my star?

Anyway.... I have one question. If it is a shadow of a volcanic eruption, why does the base of the plume not meet up with the base of the shadow. They seem to be totally apart. I find that a bit odd. They are still mighty intriguing!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow... but again. The shadows seem to be all over the place. Why is that? Are they shadows? Could it be oil (!) as in fossil fuel be leaking out there?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join