It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have evidence that ANY major prediction has come true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I used to buy into these predictions.

Only problem, none of them ever came true!

Individuals and groups have been predicting the end of the world for a long long time, but we're still here.

The famous prediction dudes like nostradamus always seem to be confirmed in retrospect.

Anyone here have ANY evidence of a prediction of a major event, that wasn't obvious or statistically likely, that actually came true?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I can only think of all of the 08-08-08 items mentioned this and previous years. Of course the Georgia vs Russia thing fell on that day, but I don't recall any threads close to mentioning it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. I'll take that as a NO then

What is it about human nature that makes us so fascinated/such suckers for someone claiming predictive knowlege.

You'd think we would have learned our lesson by now.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Ya this... Does it count???

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There are quit a few prediction threads on ats. This one was pretty recent and about ats member predictions.www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think one or two members may have made a successful prediction but I'm not sure about any major events.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Can you summarise the video in a line or two. I tend to ignore youtube video embeds without any comments to convince me they are worth the watch.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silverking

Thanks but that's not what I meant.

Predicting that oil will exceed $100 per barrel or similar stuff, is not really that impressive in my opinion, unless of course the prediction was made for January 2nd 2008 that the price would be bid up by a single trader who immediately sold his contracts, and the prediction was documented 20 years ago - now that would be worthy of respect.

I'm not asking about ATS members, I mean ANYONE, ANYWHERE predicting some major unforseen event that actually comes to pass.

Predicting the Asian Tsunami would count - did anyone? I mean this was a fairly major world event. If there are psychics with this kind of talent out there, surely someone must have seen it coming and made their knowlege public.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
reply to post by mental modulator

Can you summarise the video in a line or two. I tend to ignore youtube video embeds without any comments to convince me they are worth the watch.

ITS very short... it involves 911 and it is SPOT ON!

time frame and the perpetrator is SPOT on...

please watch it and keep in mind this during the earlier summer 01.

SUMMARY - THERE WILL BE A TERRORIST ATTACK BEFORE OCT...
BIN LADEN IS THE LIKELY CULPRIT...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I watched the video and I didn't get the same as you from it.

Can you get a transcript of that, as I don't believe he is making an accurate prediction about 911

I'll watch again later, have to run now. Anyone else want to comment on the vid?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by RogerT]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've never seen an accurate prediction on ATS. I've been following these boards for years.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't know how obvious or statistically likely this was, but the Bible Code supposedly predicted the assasination of Yitzhak Rabin:

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course, if I remember correctly, there have been many obviously incorrect predictions attributed to the Bible Code, including the prediction of a nuclear attack on Israel in 2006...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hey even a broken clock is right 2 times a day. If a psychic makes enough predictions they have to get some right some of the time.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Naturally Smooth

Sorry I don't buy any of the bible code stuff as the 'predictions' always seem to be posthumous.

'Hey guys, look here, we found "911 WTC Plane Saudi Oil"' yeah right, shame you didn't find that on 910 and put it in writing someplace.

Predictions are seemingly addictive to us. A desire to know our future, perhaps to feel that we have some control over our destinies through future knowlege. No doubt linked in to ego's fear of death.

Anyway, it's a busy board, so someone here must know of an accurate prediction, somewhere, sometime in history?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I predict I'm right about my whole entire theory that an alien invasion is nearing and hidden in plane sight in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well, here is a recent one in which the exact day of the WORST commuter train crash ever in the US was correctly predicted. It took place in LA due to the engineer driver text messaging and missing a stop and thus colliding with a freight train, as you may have heard about in the MSM. It appears that the prediction for Sept. 12th was made 2-3 weeks prior on October 21st! While not an exact prediction (iron clad- it was going to be a "train wreck"), you asked the question so I thought I would share this will you as I just discovered it myself and was semi-astonished.
Link to thread below....

ATS Thread HERE

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I used to buy into these predictions.

Only problem, none of them ever came true!

Oh God. Finally someone reasonable here on ATS.

I couldn't agree more with you.

I salute you.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Anyone here have ANY evidence of a prediction of a major event, that wasn't obvious or statistically likely, that actually came true?

I was thinking about exactly the same thing.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I won a tenner on the lottery once.

join