It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu's Next Big Victim.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As we know, Africa is is the grips on Avian Flu, aka Bird Flu. For those are aren't sure what Bird flu is and what it does, i advise you read this article first -- "A Detailed Introduction of H5N1 To New Comers."

This is a prediction which is agreeing with current affairs and what i think. I am saying that the next country which will have a massive out break of bird flu will be Kenya. Kenya has already relised that it is has the highest chance of infection, Kenya's government have already said that they think there will be an outbreak there and that they trying to be prepared but most countries are trying to do everything they can to sort them selves out and therefore are not willing to give any aid to them over this matter. If you do a Google search for bird flu in Africa one thing stands out -- the constant saying of, "Bird Flu will be bigger than AIDS." With Africa's current state, could bird flu just be the tipping point were we can come to expect a continent of chaos.

The Kenyan government have just placed an immediate ban on all live birds and chickens which have been transported by going through Malaba and Busia -- which is restricting food on a very hungry nation. This may be about the confirmed cases of H5N1 which were in the southern Sudan; but as other cases in Africa, the government said it was clear and safe to transport through and near.

In a country like Kenya, lets face it, if bird flu hits them the majority of them are dead -- AIDS on one side and H5N1 on the other, if Kenya gets it and the people start evacuating, i believe that it will spread all through out Africa and then to surrounding paces, if Kenya gets hits by a significant strike, i believe it may be the trigger for a pandemic on a global scale -- unless of course a government quarantined Africa, but that doesn't seem too realistic.

So to wrap it up, with all the cases in and around them, with there ill preparedness and lack of forethought on this matter, i believe that Kenya will be the next major outbreak and that they will trigger a major chain reaction which will infect over 40% of Africa or even more and hit everyone on a Global scale.

That's my prediction on H5N1, any of my fellow AboveTopSecret.com members have any predictions, ideas or thoughts on this -- please post up.

Fox

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Nice thread.

Now I feel you are being a little stereo typical towards the Africans. I know they have a higher risk of receiving the virus then us, but your also forgetting the poorer Asian/European countries.

I think that if the virus does strike, it is going to strike hard.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well some Asian nations have the money facilities to afford some quarantine arrangements and so on; but the African nations have very little financial support and since a lot of them are still getting pounded via 40year old debt which will never stop. So as i said, when the bid poop hits the fan, Africa will be wiped out in a very short amount of time, a lot faster than the rest of us.

Fox

new topics

join