It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most powerful force, love or hate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

Don't call me a communist, but all children Do deserve the same platform for growth.
Not saying that newborns should be ripped from their mother's arms or anything lol, but yes all children deserve the same opportunity.

How many Einsteins have we lost because they got stuck with no real education, thanks to the parent's lack of funds... ?
Everyone should start with an equal slate, and then progress/decline from there.
Just my 2 cents..

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastwalker23
Im not sure if one is more power than the other but I do believe they both coexist as a unit. Says in many religious text that God loves this yet hates that.

Maybe its nothing more than the North and South poles

Thus many a religious text is in error.
Reason would state that only an insane God would fear and hate its own creations. And thus would be a weak and divided God unto itself.

Because fear, hate, anger, and war are simply illusory ideas of the one thought of a separated mind.

Pure infinite love is the only force that exists. Because by its nature it is
communion and it communicates itself to all in their right mind.
IT IS the Total feeling of connection to every other thing,
hence divided we fall UNITED we STAND.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70

Originally posted by fastwalker23
Im not sure if one is more power than the other but I do believe they both coexist as a unit. Says in many religious text that God loves this yet hates that.

Maybe its nothing more than the North and South poles

Thus many a religious text is in error.
Reason would state that only an insane God would fear and hate its own creations. And thus would be a weak and divided God unto itself.

Because fear, hate, anger, and war are simply illusory ideas of the one thought of a separated mind.

Pure infinite love is the only force that exists. Because by its nature it is
communion and it communicates itself to all in their right mind.
IT IS the Total feeling of connection to every other thing,
hence divided we fall UNITED we STAND.

Epsillon70,
I love what you just said. It is 100% truth

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattoo1377

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Depending on how deep your feelings go.

My answer to this question is, LOVE..

Simply because to me LOVE is every single emotion you could ever imagine feeling, Love is Hate, Greed, Envy, Jealousy, Ignorance, the list can go on forever, it depends on how deeply you feel.

An example... A couple fight, the worst they have ever had, one of them tells the other they are leaving, the response is , "but i love you, i have never loved anyone like i love you".

When you consider that true love is unconditional, to really love someone in that way, is to let them leave, to unconditionally Love someone, is to Love them enough to allow them to find a life that makes them happy, if to be happy they need to leave, then you have to Love them enough to let them go, even though not stopping them leaving will bring such heartache, and the feelings that come afterwards, because you will Hate them, Envy people around them, be jealous of new lovers, feel greedy about wanting to be with them always, Ignore them to make them hurt, as i said Love is everything, so Love is the greatest.

Love can also be a term of endearment, i understand that, for instance i Love beer, but Love used in it's true feeling is what i said above.

Do you Love someone enough to let them go? Let them be happy?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I agree with your words azzlin...
If you love something, set if free... right?
Spot on, IMO..

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'd like to believe love is stronger, and in fact I do believe this. Without such a belief, it seems that life would not be worth living.

The balance between pleasure and pain, however, is something else altogether:

"The pleasure in this world, it has been said, outweighs the pain; or, at any rate, there is an even balance between the two. If the reader wishes to see shortly whether this statement is true, let him compare the respective feelings of two animals, one of which is engaged in eating the other."
-Arthur Schopenhauer

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
And on a slightly more optimistic note:

"Love is the highest and holiest action because it always contains that which is not love within itself, it always and ever moves to include the unloving."
-Thaddeus Golas

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
And on a slightly more optimistic note:

"Love is the highest and holiest action because it always contains that which is not love within itself, it always and ever moves to include the unloving."
-Thaddeus Golas

Nice quote.. I can dig it

Starred

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattoo1377

Absolutely, I have ponded this question time and time again, and I always come to the same conclusion, Love is freedom, everyone, and everything is happiest being free.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
it is not sexist. you said that their mother could care less but you called them "my kids" so you are saying you are the mother that could care less.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There are many forces.How about the unknown, is it not a force?
It does not resemble love or hate, it's independent from this two forms.
Some feel very excited from the unknown ,sometimes it may be very powerful force ,some tho are taken by surprise by it.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

No ridicule, mothers hormones are more overpowering than fathers and that is how nature evolved us. I suppose I should have just said on avarage. The courts have a presumption, the exent to which is also being questioned in my country.

Then it is not the mothers themselves who love, and are not deserving of any praise for doing so, it would merely be a case of the hormone creating the condition of love.

In that case, the question would not be which is stronger, love or hate, but rather a question of hormone production or deficiency.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

Simply because to me LOVE is every single emotion you could ever imagine feeling, Love is Hate, Greed, Envy, Jealousy, Ignorance, the list can go on forever, it depends on how deeply you feel.

I disagree. Hate is the presence of fear, and love is the absence of fear in my opinion.

If you love something, you accept it as it is, hence the whole "let it go free" line of thinking. You do not try to change it, control it, reject it, alter it, as you do not feel fear.

If you fear a thing, you tend to want to control it, alter it, reject it, etc.

In a sense it is "freedom" but it is a specific type of freedom. Freedom from fear.

As to which is actually stronger, that I dont think any of the responses have really addressed. "Hate" that causes the destruction of millions of lives, (as in the Holocaust) certainly seems stronger than a mothers love for only her child if you attempt to quantify it in human terms.

I would say you could not really compare the two in that way meaningfully. Where one is, the other cannot be, so how could you ever measure them side by side?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

I agree, and would say that among anything that would come near would be the expression of urgency in taking a cup of water to an elderly person.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hate is not the opposite of love. Indifference is. There are only two base emotions - Love and Fear. Whether we experience a majority of positive or negative emotions in our lives stems ultimately from where we mainly approach our lives, namely from love or from fear. It's my belief that how we approach our lives (either from love or fear) is directly a result of how we see ourselves in the environment we live in. If we are loved (or some subset emotion of love) then we will love to the extent we are loved. If we are made to feel fearful (or some subset emotion of fear) then will make others fearful to the extent we are fearful. It's unconscious based on our own feelings of ourselves. That is the reason why loving ourselves is so important and that is also the reason why people who have come from destructiveness have such a hard time loving other people. They first have to recognize that they must love themselves and only then can they learn to love themselves.

When you ask the question - which is more powerful.. love or hate, then the answer MUST be love because it influences everyone it touches. Hate does not do this because if one truly loves themself already then hate can't influence them.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Post containing personal information removed at member's request.
edit on May 20th 2013 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I know the topic seemed kinda sexist, but I don't think that was the intent lol.

Love builds up and creates. Hate just destroys. So I would say that love is the more poweful of the two. Hate just leaves a nasty, cold, black nothingness.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If the perspective of consideration is widened out from simple, individual, human "love/hate", history proves that "hate" is more pervasive in our own global cultures, as evidenced by all the wars, suffering, and killing that have ensued for human existence ( on this particular planet, at least ).
"Love" ( in the form of compassion ) has run a very distant second. Yet, that it still exists is a testament to its own power, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Post containing personal information removed at member's request.
edit on May 20th 2013 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join