It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Companies Completing Evacuations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Oil Companies Completing Evacuations

www.breitbart.com

HOUSTON (AP) - Royal Dutch Shell, BP and other oil companies wrapped up evacuations and shut down production Saturday as an intensifying Hurricane Gustav churned toward the petroleum-rich waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Looks like gasoline will be on the rise again.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

Looks like gasoline will be on the rise again.

I would say that is an understatement. I think they are going to take full advantage of this Hurricane. We are still paying about $5.00 / gallon here where I live in B.C.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You didnt finish the sentence you should have been writing in the subject line. It should have read "Oil Companies Taking Advantage of Hurricane Potential, Completing Evacuation of Consumer Finances"

Crude Oil prices are steadily dropping, even if it is just in nickels and dimes, yet prices at the pumps are still going up, up, up. In the last week, in the wake of a continuing and relieving drops in pump prices, it has drastically changed direction and has gone higher in the last 7 days than it dropped in the last 14 days. At this rate, by the time Gustav hits, we will already be paying more per gallon than we were before the storm swirled up in the first place.

Its just the rick continuing to get richer on the backs of the middle and lower class.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think that oil drilling in the gulf will be on hold for a few weeks, as behind Gustav comes hanna and after hanna is two more disturbance in forming.

Hanna may make it turn into the gulf in its trajectory.

Yes gas prices will become an issue, Asia markets are raising prices already.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
We Have two oilmen in the executive office and two hurricanes headed towards the gulf. It is perfectly feasible that the government does control the weather. If I hadn't been in Quang Tri province Vietnam when the world record for rainfall there was way off the charts because of cloud seeding, I would feel so stupid, suggesting such a thing.

top topics

join