It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police raid headquarters of RNC protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Police raid headquarters of RNC protesters

www.cnn.com

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) -- Police raided a rental hall used by a group organizing protests at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minnesota, on Friday. The RNC Welcoming Committee, which describes itself as "anarchist/anti-authoritarian," accused St. Paul police of trying to disrupt their protest planned for Monday, the day the GOP convention is set to begin...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'd like to analyze this situation if I may. First off let me mention that I'm a security guard and a college student studying law enforcement. And based on my experiences as such my conjecture is that perhaps the police were tipped off with possibly some bogus report of a threat of violence of sorts in relation to the welcoming committee and that was probable cause for them to raid the building. And of course due to today's violent post-September 11 climate. The police wanted to take no chances.

This kinda reminds me of what happened to me at school this past Tuesday. A man identifying himself as an economics teacher, whom I didn't even know or have class with, approached me and warned me about leaving my satchel behind perched up against the wall while I went to the restroom to 'powder my nose' (by which I mean take a leak). He implied that I might have a bomb in my bag. And I wasn't gone for no more than two minutes. And the teacher said the word 'bomb' out loud in front of four or five other students sitting in the hallway there next to me waiting for their next class as I was.

Now. The most reasonable question to ask after that is...

"Why do people have a slight tendency to be more part of the problem rather than being a part of the solution?"

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/30/08 by Marked One]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

And of course due to today's violent post-September 11 climate. The police wanted to take no chances.

This is a prime example of the roads paved for fascism.
When the government stops trusting the people, the people become the enemy.

It probably won't be long before you start seeing soldiers being used as police officers.

I'd like to quote a show I enjoy...
"There is a good reason Military and Police matters are kept separate.
The military fights the enemies of state.
The police serve and protect the people.
When you mix them, the people tend to become the enemies of state."

Many of you will disagree with that analogy, because you can't believe it could happen in the states... thats what all the other countries said too.
That analogy has an incredible track record.

Essentially, when it all comes crashing down, I'll welcome you across the Canadian border... but don't expect to cry on my shoulder.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Also. What I find ironic is that the St. Paul PD can raid a rental hall full of simple protesters only to find nothing and simply charge them with a fire code violation. While I manage to turn up evidence on site based on the account of an eyewitness that leads San Antonio PD to the house where a punk kid middle-schooler escaped to three and a half blocks away after having broken into not one--not two--but three cars in the parking lot of a YMCA I was guarding (before my shift EVEN begun--it was obvious he was watching out for me). Only for the officers to be convinced by the old man who let the boy in to his house that he didn't live there (Of course the old man more than likely played the 'can't search my house without a warrant' card. Or heck--even the 'race' card for all I know. It is a Hispanic neighborhood.) This is after the eyewitness caught the kid in the act and followed him on his mustang (which the kid also tried to break into).

[edit on 8/30/08 by Marked One]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This topic has already been posted:

Police Raid RNC Protest Convergence Center In Premptive Dust Up

Please continue discussion in the above-linked thread, and please read the section about repeat topics in this link.
Closed.

new topics

top topics

join