It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Quietly Seeks To Make War Powers Permanent, By Declaring Indefinite State Of War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Bush Quietly Seeks To Make War Powers Permanent, By Declaring Indefinite State Of War

rawstory.com

As the nation focuses on Sen. John McCain's choice of running mate, President Bush has quietly moved to expand the reach of presidential power by ensuring that America remains in a state of permanent war.

Buried in a recent proposal by the Administration is a sentence that has received scant attention -- and was buried itself in the very newspaper that exposed it Saturday. It is an affirmation that the United States remains at war with al Qaeda, the Taliban and "associated organizations."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sigh...

I am literally exhausted anymore with the endless sneaky criminality of this gov of ours. Perpetual wars, endless conflicts, endless bloodshed and endless obscene profiteering off of it all, at the expense of this nation and the rest of the world. Would somebody PLEASE grow some stones and try these barbaric criminals for all of their crimes already, before they institute measures like these to keep this nonsense PERMANENT?!?

Bush's open-ended permanent war language worries his critics. They say it could provide indefinite, if hazy, legal justification for any number of activities -- including detention of terrorists suspects at bases like Guantanamo Bay (where for years the Administration would not even release the names of those being held), and the NSA's warantless wiretapping program.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
DD, this is just the start of it, its going to get alot worse before it gets better. Try to imagine US cities being nuked etc. this is what's on the agenda, those who run and control the US are set to destroy the place to make way for the new superpower.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Wow. Perpetuate war. YES what I have always wanted!

Anyway. Hopefully that will not pass or be revoked.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thanks DD, it's getting so I don;t want to run across these gems anymore.

The parent article, one :

www.nytimes.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Bush Seeks to Affirm a Continuing War on Terror

by a Mr. ERIC LICHTBLAU

Contains a gem of a line:

Some lawmakers are concerned that the administration’s effort to declare anew a war footing is an 11th-hour maneuver to re-establish its broad interpretation of the president’s wartime powers, even in the face of challenges from the Supreme Court and Congress.

One would like reporters like Mr. Lichtblau to indicate for one thing, which 'lawmakers' expressed this concern, and how. After all, if there is concern being expressed publicly we surely might need to know from whence the voice of concern comes?

Also, I wish the reporter would have taken the extra effort to explain the elements of the Supreme Court objection. And for that matter, is this another one of those "Executive" (I am the Decider) Orders, or do the American people rate any input into this matter?

As infuriating as this makes me, it is mainly inflamed by running commentary on the RNC which equates to ZERO, just like the DNC!

Are any of them actually sober, any of the time? Or are they just dreaming there way through a political career devoid of service other than the kind you get arrested for?

Sorry, I really hate this 'bury and obfuscate' the news business that goes on.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
so could this be a way for him to segway into what previous posts here on ats have been saying is possible..bush never leaving office now that mccain bombed the campaign by choosing sarah palan...and her daughters kid.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
They passed a law for retroactive immunity...

And noneone knew about it.

RFID is occuring...and noone knows about it...

The media is in on it...

You have reported on all of these Dimensional Detective. And thank you for that. At least I know.

But the people who don't read this and past stories obviously won't be an issue. And those who do have a stake in the corporate BS that runs our political system won't change it either.

We are only beginning...and we are going to have to accept that some of this crap will occurr in our very eyes.

A stadium full of cheerinf upper/upper-middle class people in each convention (save for the RNC this year) is apparently enough to sway others...:shk:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
A stadium full of cheerinf upper/upper-middle class people in each convention (save for the RNC this year) is apparently enough to sway others...:shk:

Its a pretty good show to say the least. It does fool me at times to say to myself, "Maybe just maybe the world is not as evil as I think it is." Then I turn off the TV and think of the money trail and all that fades away. Its almost as if they draw people in so well that maybe we will never get out of this dem vs. rep mentality. We categorize and segregate ourselves and feed off the competition somehow.

Plus, I am sure a lot of those people have money trails right?

new topics

top topics

join