It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ulimate Reason not to support McCain (as given by a true conservative)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It’s obvious you don’t care about illegal immigration, or you wouldn’t vote for McCain and his amnesty policy.

It’s obvious you don’t care about conservative supreme court nominations, or you wouldn’t vote for the man who has blocked the most conservative appellate court nominations of president Bush. It’s obvious that you don’t care about free speech, or you wouldn’t vote for the man that has blocked free speech right before an election, the most important time for free speech in the election process.

It’s obvious you don’t care about lower taxes, or you wouldn’t vote for one of only two Republicans to vote against the Bush tax cuts. It’s obvious you don’t care about thwarting terrorist attacks, or you wouldn’t vote for the man who wanted to give FOREIGN terrorists the same rights that are guaranteed to AMERICANS under the constitution....(truncated)
source

I think its very interesting that before Hillary withdrew from the Race, ALL of the talking heads from Rush Limbaugh to Sean Hannity - were blasting McCain. They were calling mccain an idiot, saying he was more liberal than republican...the works

and now - they're buddying up to him and playing footsie.

This article listed above is a very good read. It no more supports Obama or hillary than mccain himself.

So we can see what a true conservative really thinks about the Chameleon we call McCain.

If McCain can fool his OWN PARTY into nominating him for POTUS despite all the bad things they have to say about him, i wonder what other deceit he is capable of.

"Iran has WMD's" is my guess.

Talk-radio pioneer Rush Limbaugh said that if McCain or Mike Huckabee is nominated, "it's going to destroy the Republican Party." Mark Levin calls the senator "John McLame." Yesterday, Laura Ingraham said she was "concerned about the mental stability of the McCain campaign" and had cuckoo-clock sound effects accompany his words.

Source

That was Jan of 2008

and now the same people are telling us that McCain is the hope for tomorrow

I'm going to send people like Mr. Limbaugh, and Mr. Hannity a care package. In fact, there are some members of ATS that need one too.

Its a pen and a pad of paper

i want you to write down your thoughts TODAY
so you'll stop forgetting what you said when TOMORROW comes around.

Conservatives dislike McCain. Its been proven by the head of conservatism himself.

So --- why was he nominated??

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Could be that he doesn't Always agree with the Republican establishment. Bush spends like a drunken sailor and many economic conservatives are not happy with our debt. Johnny also isn't in on the earmark money thefts and he was right about the surge and was quite outspoken about it while all the rest were saying.. stay the course. From what has been reported, he also "recused" himself from voting on alcohol-related matters as there is a conflict of interest. Would be nice to see more politicians do this. A few links below. But here is the deal, conservatives didn't have many good choices this time.. flip flop Romney

www.boston.com...

samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com...

www.libertyforum.org...

Earmarks: Senator Barack Obama on Thursday released a list of $740 million in earmarked spending requests that he had made over the last three years, and his campaign challenged Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton to do the same.
obama.senate.gov...

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) has requested nearly $2.3 billion in federal earmarks for 2009

thehill.com...

McCain also said that "if we don't stop the earmarking, we're not going to stop the abuses of power here in Washington." He suggested that his own party was largely responsible.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Had to edit my post... I read some of you other posts today, your as much of a "Conservative" as I am an Internationalist Tree Hugger anti-gunner.

I would change your post title.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Had to edit my post... I read some of you other posts today, your as much of a "Conservative" as I am an Internationalist Tree Hugger anti-gunner.

and i would try actually reading the article before your smear your feces, i mean your opinion on it

Im not the one claiming to be a conservative

but the guy who wrote the article (that, ahem, you can find int he OP)

IS the conservative

....do you know how to read? Seriously. Thats not a rhetorical or sarcastic question

and i only question it because you obviously didnt read the article - ... at all...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Temper Temper.... wow, I am sorry that opinions that differ from your agenda are considered "feces". You may want to consider going back to the KOS as ATS has been pretty open to debate on many subjects and I for one have enjoyed the discussion.

new topics

top topics

join