It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelicals energized by McCain-Palin ticket

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Sarah Palin already has energized conservative religious leaders who had fretted that John McCain would pick an abortion rights supporter as his running mate. The Alaska governor was raised in a Pentecostal church and has called herself "as pro-life as any candidate can be."

To Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religion Liberties Commission, Palin is "straight out of veep central casting." Land said he had urged the McCain camp to consider the political unknown.

Gary Bauer, one of McCain's most enthusiastic evangelical supporters, said the Arizona senator had hit a "grand slam home run" and that adding Palin to the GOP ticket is "guaranteed to energize values voters."

source

"As pro-life as any candidate can be." Well that just clinches it for me as a born-again, fundamentalist, evangelical Christian.

Not.

Frankly, I am tired of the GOP counting on the conservative Christian vote because the party is pro-life. Its a farce. Their tactics couldn't be less Christian, imo.

In fact, I honestly think that fascists descended from Operation Paperclip have hijacked the GOP and its platform and are masquerading in the guise of conservative Christians while they go about completing the work begun by Hitler and the Nazi Party in the 1930s. They have stolen elections, politicized the judiciary, intimidated civil servants, used the US military to further the global corporate agenda, employed mercenaries to do their dirty work, and done it all under the guise of the "pro-life party". Somehow, I don't think Christ would approve.

They claim the Bible supports capital punishment because Christ said, "Those who live by the sword will die by the sword." Well, who's wielding the sword these days? And what about, "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord"?

"By their fruits ye shall know them."

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh boy

A bunch of people who say "make me rich in the name of God, send in your money now" and who want you to live your life the way that best suits them are supporting mccain and palin

shouldnt that be more reason to NOT vote republican this election?

[edit on 8/30/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I just wanted to add part of one of my posts from another thread here:

The one thing I think will come out over the next few weeks is that in fact, though her ultra conservative stances may please the far right demographic in the GOP, it has little or nothing to bear with the presidency. The only way her stances hold any weight is in a congressional procedural deadlock, which is almost unheard of. She could be for "guns for toddlers to execute the mentally challenged on death row" and it matters not.

So why/if evangelicals are happy is essentially irrelevant other than as window dressing.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Please read this thread from 2006 to find out who the Evangelical's really are, and what they believe in.

Fascists using Faith

They are really Dominionists... en.wikipedia.org... and they are as far away from the teachings of Christ as the TaliBan is from Muhammad. They are extremists and against the Constitution. They have infiltrated the Christian community and are preaching their "hate" from pulpits all across America.

They are our true enemy, even more so that the NWO.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
McCain couldn't have picked a better running mate, IMO..
He has sealed his doom for the elections.
Thanks John.. Buy that man a beer!

So far as it energizing Evangelicals... I'm happy for them, although their moral legislation agenda is being deconstructed with each passing year (as it should be). There is no place for Evangelical ideals in government.

Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I wanted to vote for Hillary soooo baddly until they stole it away from her by counting every state. Now I totally want to vote for McCain since I can still get a female that way. That is all that I care about as a voter.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Bravo, Icarus! You make great points. I have immense respect for those real Christians who stand up and voice opposition to those who have hijacked the name of your religion.
I agree with you 100%.

Starred and flagged.

Originally posted by Tiamanicus
I wanted to vote for Hillary soooo baddly until they stole it away from her by counting every state.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Are you suggesting some states shouldn't have counted?
As it happened, every vote counted (as it should) and Hillary LOST. If you think anything else, then you misunderstand what happened.

Now I totally want to vote for McCain since I can still get a female that way. That is all that I care about as a voter.

Well, if "getting a female" is all you care about, then McCain's ticket is the way to go. It seems McCain was only concerned about "getting a female" too, so you share priorities with him.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I wanted to vote for Hillary soooo baddly until they stole it away from her by counting every state. Now I totally want to vote for McCain since I can still get a female that way. That is all that I care about as a voter.

No offense, but that is kind of short-sighted, don't ya think?

Who cares what their domestic policy is?!
Who cares what their international policy is?!

If the VP has a vagina count me in!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS! I see you just joined today... how cool is that?

Ya know, your statement is so based on the type of logic that the GOP uses... I find it very hard to believe that you were ever going to vote for any DEM candidate, man or woman.

As a voter, you should care about your country, not your own "questionable" prejudices. But hey, that's what the GOP is all about, and you fit right in.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

I was assuming the post was sarcastic.
Oh please let it be sarcastic.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose

As a voter, you should care about your country, not your own "questionable" prejudices. But hey, that's what the GOP is all about, and you fit right in.

I really love it when posters exemplify in their own post the very thing they are ranting about.

Ridiculing somebody about their "prejudices" and then following up with "that's what the GOP is all about" is classic! Thanks! I keep these in a swipe file just for fun!

Seriously, this is almost an art form.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey, you should like it... I learned it from you

The more I learn about tactics being used around here, the more I realize I have been far too kind the trolls.

The more I find out about the GOP, Evangelical's, and Dominionist's, I realize just what America is up against. And I guess for me it's time to start fighting back as nicely and politely as I can.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tattoo1377

No offense, but that is kind of short-sighted, don't ya think?

Who cares what their domestic policy is?!
Who cares what their international policy is?!

If the VP has a vagina count me in!

no offense but you dont get sarcasm much where you are from do yeh?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose

Welcome to ATS! I see you just joined today... how cool is that?

Ya know, your statement is so based on the type of logic that the GOP uses... I find it very hard to believe that you were ever going to vote for any DEM candidate, man or woman.

WOW. PAY ATTENTION!!!!

I was being sarcastic. I am so sorry. I thought that a statement so blidly ignorant would be seen as the sarcasm that it was. My appologies for overestimating the ability to perceive that.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by yankeerose

I was assuming the post was sarcastic.
Oh please let it be sarcastic.

DING DING DING DING DING!

You get a star.

I was mocking the very idea that I cannot see one other good reason why McCain chose this woman as a running mate aside from the fact that they believe people are so stupid and blind and easily mislead that they will just follow the vagina regardless of policy or anything else that actually matters.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiamanicus

Everybody simmer down now.
Yes sarcasm we find funny.
One of these babies
helps those coming in with a head of steam from other threads.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
To me McCain choice for running mate is as irrelevant as the that last christmast gift that sit unwrapped in the closet.

The message is that this time we will not have a Cheney dictating policies but a Soccer mom that will be giving more attention to her brats and the church on Sundays.

If people has not gotten the message of this pick, I pity the Republican supporters.

BTW the so call reborn Christian that has become such the political line for the Republican party is getting old.

Now we all know that at the end the one that is the soccer mom is the nanny that is the one behind the Mother keeping the littler brats cute to see but not to hear.

McCain choice is nothing more than another corporate bureaucrat and oil kissing puppet

But then again we all knew that right?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Tiamanicus-
I'm glad it was sarcasm.

There are actually a lot of people who would type what you did, and be 100% serious. I wish there wasn't but there are.

Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well hey, real sorry to upset the apple cart. Loooooong time lurker here and I never saw people be so touchy as they seem today.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ticamanicus I will put it farther than the vagina alone, I think that her uterus is the one that is calling the shots for McCain, after all the reason he chose a woman with a record on her uterus is to make it attractive to Hillary followers that are still indecisive.

I guess Palin uterus has a good record.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join