It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ambien CR and entering a strange world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was prescribed Ambien CR for sleeping by my MD which I took enthusiastically because I constantly wake up numerous times during my sleep. The first time I took it will be my last.

I took one pill (10mg), at night time before I went to sleep. I started feeling "drunk" and dizzy, yet I couldn't fall asleep, so I was reading a book in my bed. The letters started melding into each other, and it was almost like they were moving and walking, like ants. I turned off my light and closed my eyes.

I then was looking in the mirror. I remember just looking in the mirror, I didn't WALK there. And then I remember looking at my cupboard, and taking 3 MORE PILLS. Again, I didn't "think", and I didn't walk there, I just remember viewing this.

Then I was in my bed, and the window started to have faces in it (I was obviously tripping because of my consumption of now 40mg of Zolpidem), and i saw pictures of people walking in the window like it was a forest. I remember looking out the window to see the "forest", yet realizing that it was just a parking lot. Then I saw my TV moving closer and there was another TV and they were both walking together like they were lovers.

Also, afterwards, my friend said he spoke to me for an hour because I called him, and he didn't know what I was saying and I sounded very slurred and incapacitated. And my other friend said she spoke to me online and I mispelled everything. I REMEMBER DOING NONE OF THIS.

Anyway...do not be deceived by these lovely ambien cr and lunesta commercials. These drugs are hardcore. Ambien made me sleep walk and do things involuntarily (like taking MORE pills). It is dangerous. I suggest not taking these pills unless your insomnia is horrible and you can be monitored.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
yea ambien can make you trip and do all kinds of crazy stuff taking those 3 more porbally wasnt a good idea next time try takeing half of your prescribed dose

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

I remember when I was put on ambien and when I closed my eyes I would see the night sky and I was under a tree. Stuffs crazy.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A guy I know's cousin was using ambien, he went out for a drive while he was asleep. When he came back home he hung himself in the garage and died.

Ambien I think is an on going MKULTRA experiment.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My doctor (at the time
prescribed it to me when it first came out. I don't remember the details but, I had dreams that were flat out nuts. Once was more than enough for me too!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I read that Ambien has been used to revive people from comas, if only for a short time.
Here's one of many examples.
This leads me to question whether these people are actually awake and aware or just talking in their sleep after all.
Perhaps it has an opposite effect on those who have already lost reality? Just an observation...
Anyway, I wouldn't take those pills anymore. Having trouble sleeping? Try washing down some valerian root with a hot cup of scullcap tea

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ambien tends to make bushes dance around like....this

A good friend of mine was recently prescribed Ambien. He's always texting me random, non-sensical stuff now late at night.

The other night though, he started texting me, telling me he was walking over to my place (he lives in the same Apt. complex). Well, after trying my hardest to understand the texts, I decided to go to bed. Woke up the next morning to a great story. He decided to take a couple, instead of one pill, and began his trek to my apartment. The trek turned into a 50 foot walk, to the fountain right outside his place. Upon arriving at the fountain, he fell asleep. HAHA! Well, it wasn't long before someone woke him up and told him that if he didn't leave, they would call the cops.

My buddy barkingly replied, "Leave me alone, I'm sleeping!" The next thing he knew, there were 3 cop cars, 1 fire truck and an Ambulance parked outside his apartment, with about 10 of those officials hovering around him. They searched his apartment and told him to go back to sleep. HA!

I can say, not from personal experience, this stuff is bad. I've heard plenty of stories and they usually end with, "And I don't remember a thing!" Not my idea of fun.

-Dev

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I as well as my ex-girlfriend and my friend Elise all took ambien recreationally one time. All I know is on the drive home from wherever we were, the cars around me looked like the were swimming in the sky like dolphins. In the end I passed out on Elise's foot, and woke up sandwiched between her and my ex. To this day I have no idea what actually occurred that night.

The scariest experience I had was on a relatively large dose of over the counter sleeping pills containing diphenhydramine. I know that at one point in the night I couldn't sleep. Went to the bathroom glanced in the mirror, and it looked like there was something in my stomach moving about. Pretty similar to the scene from Alien actually. Scared the living hell out of me.

new topics

top topics

join