It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray Nagin never learns!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I was just watching the scenes of the evacuation of New Orleans due to Gustav on Fox News.

All evacuees have to go through procession stations where they have to check in, wear a barcode bracelet which identifies them and then board trains or buses to Shreveport or to Tennesee.

So you may be thinking that Nagin has learnt his lesson... that he has started the evaucation early. So what has he done wrong again?

Well, behind the reporter I saw a bold sign saying "No firearms, knives, alcohol etc permitted on buses or trains past this point".

Yet again, Nagin has forcibly disarmed the populace of New Orleans. He has violated their 2nd amendment rights AGAIN, despite having the crap sued out of him by the NRA in the aftermath of Katrina.

Make no mistake, this is a repeat of the last time. You see, the evacuation order signed by Bobby Jindal is mandatory. Additionally, it is mandatory to go through the processing centres, whereupon they are not allowed to carry their firearms with them.

I suspect Nagin shall, in the aftermath of Gustav, be sued yet again by the NRA.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Disarming people before getting onboard commercial transportation is not against the 2nd Amendment. As far as I know, this is standard for all commercial planes, trains, and buses. Try to carry an AK-47 through the security point at any civilian airport, and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't see this as a problem unless, just before the hurrican hits, the police or they're minions go house to house again to confiscate the weapons they find. 'JUST FOR SAFE KEEPING YOU UNDERSTAND!" I would NOT put this past Nagin or the moron they have for a police chief there.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
did you see what happened when these folks had guns the last time?
that isn't even the point here.
if you want to transport your firearms you need to do it in a POV. Public transportation is not the place for guns or knives. The big thing for these folks if that the hurricane is by no means "SNEAKING" up on them.

"Hey honey, it looks like a big hurricane is coming, should we leave or stay on the roof like last time?"

evacuate now, plan for the worst and hope for the best.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is a completely different situation.

If you don't like the rule, don't get on the bus or the train.

Get your own transportation.

That's light years from what that scoundrel did during Katrina.

This is not to say that Nagin has learned a lesson.

It just means that this time, he and the evacuation authorities are well within their rights.

[edit on 2008/8/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The roads of out NOLA are blocked, ergo public transport is the only way out.

Additionally, the evac order is mandatory- which means people HAVE to go through those processing centres where they are disarmed.

It may be done on a technicality, but I still think that its disarmament through the back door of those who need their firearms in a testing time.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Are the authorities blocking the road? That sounds like a brilliant idea of Nagans. This guy needs to have his head removed and replaced with a melon. He'd be so much smarter!!!!
Zindo

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The roads are not blocked. The majority of people left or are leaving in their own vehicles.

Since when has anyone been allowed to board a bus and take firearms with them? This thread is absurd.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Dig on the new suit though... must be from all those Katrina money/donations. But what good is a suit if it is empty? As the Three Stooges would say: "this clown is a micro-phony!"

An empty suit...lol
I

[edit on 31-8-2008 by LunarLooney1]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Things are going like they are supposed to go. This is what should have happened during Katrina. Even though there was not a direct hit to NO during Katrina, it is so far under sea level, you have to expect the unexpected. There is no way the Government is going to get it wrong this time. Even the President, and VP are going to miss the Republician National Convention! I am sure they are devistated! He He I wouldn't want to get on a bus headed out of a storms path with a bunch of nervous people with firearms!! Would you?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well, it's that time of year again folks when we all must reach into our wallets and pick up the tab for the city that is the epitome of "MORAL HAZARD". Don't worry if you don't have a dime to spare this time around, you'll pay anyway when tax season comes...

Isn't it just fun bailing out people who live below sea level, have no flood insurance, and live in a hurricane zone?

Oh but wait...maybe we'll here this again...from music industry morons...

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Great post in fact I actually just did a thread in regards to this very thing here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like the advertisement too. As far as Nagin I think he did a fine job this time around. Tell the people straight up you loot you go to prison, you stay your on your own, you need an evacuate heres your chance. Classic.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Its a Chocolate thing...what do you expect?

new topics

top topics

join