It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Master Mason doesn't know squat!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
I read your post and I have one important question to ask you.
"Are you mad?"

Perhaps. Maybe I didn't participate in enough team sports when I was growing up, or the stress of everyday life is taking its toll...

But I can say I don't profess to be the parakeet of whatever or your keeper, I think that's pretty nuts too

Yep! You're nuts!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/9/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Yep! You're nuts!

~this line is filler for the shortest post ever~

[edit on 5/9/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jfiery

Jfiery, Josh explained this rather well. I'd like to add something that may add to the conversation. Hopefully this won't confuse you, I'll be more more than happy to clarify if necessary.

I was just raised to the 3rd Degree (Master Mason) along with 4 other individuals as we raise a max of 5 individuals at at time. Two weeks (in August) ago we raised another 4. The week before we put another brother through a one day (evening) ceremony where he received all 3 degrees in the same evening. All 3 of those actions required we receive special dispensation to administer those degrees.

The individual who we raised through all 3 was as Josh said a special case. He was a marine who just finished basic training who was being deployed to Irag. He was also the son of one of lodge brothers who wanted to participate with his son. That is of it self is a wonderful thing to participate in.

The rest of us, due to high petitioning were allowed to be raised to our sumblime degree by special dispensation from the grand lodge. With that said, it was more allowed due to 2 of us. Myself and another brother had petitioned 2 years ago and could not be voted on or begin our masonic path until our lodge was allowed to conduct regular business. You see, one of our brothers had a stroke. He was also one of the individuals who needed to sign off on our yearly audit. (Yes, we need to ensure we are not spending our money on broads and booze. All kidding aside, funny play with money is not tolerated. While we control our own funds, privately financing World Dominance is not. Hey, at last count we had a little under $1500 in our checking account.) (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Regardless of how that came about, something more substantial happened. Both myself and my masonic brother were given the opportunity to do a one day class since we waited so long. Both of us declined and both are happy we did. I got a ton more out of the 3 ceremonies, understood a lot more and had the opportunity to bail out at anytime.

I am lucky. I was given good advice and continue to be given good advice by my breathren. Most of my newly raised brothers as well as I will attend the Scottish Rite reunion that is coming next month. All of us will be receive the 4 - 32 degrees (of the Scottish Rite so there is no confusion with anyone) in one day. In our jurisdiction, that is the only option.

So, some advice from a newbie. Take the long(er) road. Go to dinners at the lodge before you petition. Ask questions. Remember you can bail at anytime with no reprisal. Remember that your to be breathren DONATE their time for you.

Hey and if your lucky like me, dinner is catered or you go out to eat at really nice places. Of couse, we pony up the extra that the lodge doesn't pay.........

Sorry, if this has been covered or if I've stepped on anyone's toes.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

I was enjoying your math. I am waiting for you to tell me all about the holy grail next.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The original poster makes it seem like he found some secret diagram. When we have dinner at our lodge everynow and then we use paper mats with that on it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

Yeah. Every now and then I like people with the guts to tell me how it is, or how I am. In the real world I can be pretty annoying, pacing the floor and obsessively ferreting out the mysteries of the universe, I mean it is easy to get tired of, ya know? I once told a colleague I was born mode 5 shooting blanks out of the crib, never been entirely happy with my life or where I'm at. He thinks I am 26th degree, I don't know what of, but I gathered from what he told me he used to be Wiccan. Usually he comes out with that stuff on the wine

Good friend, anyway. And there are good people here too, maybe the best company on the Inet for all I'm concerned, and it feels really good to let all that crap built up in my head over the years out.

My mom is visiting, and she brought a picture of a flying saucer I drew back when I was in middle school. Looks like I was using tilting jet engines. Said she filled 1118 pages of spiral notebook paper, both sides, of algebra, trig, and analytic geometry with me. Used to have a Pickett collection too.

When I finally got up the gumption to take calc, I found it came real easy. But most of this stuff I have been posting here is more recent. It started to click for me in '90, and I have been discovering more and more about all those things we take for granted, I guess gaining an appreciation. Simple stuff, like whoever figured that multiplying 1.4142136 by itself yields two? Oh yes, I remember, he got snuffed for that, because the gods were rational...

Oh well, enuf about me.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

Thanks a lot, I mean that. I stumbled across this site the other night and I can't believe some of the things that people say and think is true on here. Like I said in my first post, I'm not currently a mason so I don't claim or pretend to know everything regarding them. What I do know from all the research I've done, and from talking with members of the Lodge I'm about to join I know that there's nothing at all sinister with them. These guys just throw statements out there and it's obvious that they don't do any fact checking at all on what they're saying. It leads me to wonder if they're really reading what they're typing? The more I read I'm beginning to believe that most of the people on here are just saying this stuff simply to get a impassioned reaction from the people/organizations they're targeting. You know as a sort of entertainment for themselves in a twisted sort of way. There's just no way that they really can believe this stuff is there?
Thanks again for your reply and take care.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankieBnz

I appreciate the response and for giving me your input. I agree with you that if given the choice I'd rather take the longer road so as to take in the scenery so to speak. I wish you the best in all you do and will undoubtedly see you again in this site if you are a frequent poster. I think ATS is great entertainment and is good for a guaranteed laugh a page. Like I said in my previous post, I find it so incredibly hard to believe that people truly believe some of the things they're saying. I think that some of them are here merely to stimulate conversation, debates and in some cases arguments. At least it IS very entertaining.
Thanks again!

One other question for you guys... I'll take it as a given that you're happy that you became Masons. My question is has being a member of the fraternity been like you expected, or has it been much different than what you thought?
Thanks

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jfiery]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Here goes, Mm...

Going back to the 3:4:5 triangle, we see 3:5 was repeated in the 4:9 rectangle. In the Ark of the Covenant, the hypotenuse of the 3x5 side is sq. rt. 34. The hypotenuse through the center (from apex to opposite apex) is sq. rt. 43. The sum of the cardinal numbers 34 and 43 is 77. This is the number of generations from Adam to Christ. 77 doubled is 154 less Christ (being in the world but not of it) is 153, the number of fish caught by St. John the Divine. 77 squared is 5929, which relates to the triangle of Set in the Great Pyramid. This excerpt from The Doors in the Shafts by Jeremy Potter shows this relationship:

The Length of the North Shaft
Triangle height = 121 – 44 = 77cubits
Pyramid height above exit level = 242 – 121 = 121 cubits
Pyramid half base = 121 / Tan 1.1000 = 110 cubits
Triangle base = 110 – 9.1666 = 100.8333 cubits
Slope angle 77 / 100.8333 = Tan 0.7636, to check correct
77 squared = 5929 square cubits
100. 8334squared = 10167.36 square cubits
Hypotenuse = √10167.36 + 5929 = √16096.36 = 126.87 cubits
Horizontal section 9.166 – 5 = 4.1666 cubits
Total shaft length = 126.87 + 4.16 = 131.03 cubits = 68. 62 metres

source

The symbol of the early Christians, the fish, was created by the intersection of two circles called the Vesica Pisces. This yields the sq. rt. of 3. The nearest ratio approximation for the sq. rt. 3 is 265:153, the dimensions of the Vesica Pisces. Also another derivation can be done by taking the cardinal numbers in 1 x 3 x 5 and cubing them. 1 + 3 cubed + 5 cubed = 153 (thank you Ian McLean). Also the sum of the first 17 numbers (today) is 153, 17 being the seventh prime number. The number 7 is once again related to Set. The sum of the squares of the first seven prime numbers is 666, as well as the sum of the first 36 numbers. A circle 666 perimeter units in circumference whose area is equal to a square, yielding the perimeter of the square of 616 units. My present understanding of the significance of these two numbers, 666 and 616, is the difference in the number of solar diameters of Earth's revolution around the Sun between the equator and the tropic.

Seems our shepherd kings apparently knew how to count...

Sorry, wrong shaft. I meant the North one

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Matyas]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Mm, you mentioned the Holy Grail. The square is the most important part of its construction. I am doing this by memory, so bear with me.

Place the compass upon an upper corner and inscribe an arc from the opposing corner whose radius will be 1. Do the same for the other side. Now drop the diagonal of the square parallel with either side to form a rectangle. The area will be irrational as a result. Place the compass upon a lower corner of the original square, and inscribe a semicircle from that lower corner of the new rectangle back to the original side of the square. Do this for the opposite side as well.

If the operation has been performed correctly, you will have the cross section of a cup. But it is not any cup, as I will show in this excerpt:

This trinity of trinities expresses the fusion of temporal harmony and spatial geometry. The arithmetic proportion (1/3:2/3:1) gives us the Pythagorean musical scale; the harmonic proportion (square root of two - 1: 2 - square root of two:1) defines the curves and volumes of the grail cup; the geometric proportion (1/Phi squared:1/Phi:1) creates the nest of Phi ratios that unites all wave fronts by addition and multiplication. Therefore, the One and the Eight symbolizes the interaction of music, mass and magick, or wave, particle and mind.

source

We're lucky its still around.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfiery
reply to post by FrankieBnz

I appreciate the response and for giving me your input. I agree with you that if given the choice I'd rather take the longer road so as to take in the scenery so to speak. I wish you the best in all you do and will undoubtedly see you again in this site if you are a frequent poster. I think ATS is great entertainment and is good for a guaranteed laugh a page. Like I said in my previous post, I find it so incredibly hard to believe that people truly believe some of the things they're saying. I think that some of them are here merely to stimulate conversation, debates and in some cases arguments. At least it IS very entertaining.
Thanks again!

One other question for you guys... I'll take it as a given that you're happy that you became Masons. My question is has being a member of the fraternity been like you expected, or has it been much different than what you thought?
Thanks

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jfiery]

It's different than I expected, but better. I expected a little more mystery and solemnity and seriousness. What I found though was a lot of friendly, funny guys who love helping people.

I expected some sort of revelation about the secrets of the universe, but instead I found a series of lectures and lessons that don't force me to think or act in a certain way, but make me more aware of my behavior and how I make choices.

I really thought it was going to be all militaristic and serious but in fact it's lighthearted fellowship and a really good time with nice guys.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Oh look OTO in SALEM , MA home of modern day witch

www.knightstemplar-oto.org...

hmm from there site let look at some of there levels shall we

° Perfect Pontiff of the Illuminati
° Perfect Magician and companion of the Holy Royal Arch of Enoch
° Illustrious Knight (Templar) of the Order of Kadosch, and Companion of the Holy Graal

you can even step into a OTO lodge unless your a 33rd grand mason and to be 33rd you need to complete blood sacrfice there your puppet masters of the freemasons

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

do you know what "magick" refers to? it seems out of place if it goes along with my limited understanding of the term. I think you might be on to something as the universal language is math. Who knows what secrest are hidden in plain sight.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by urza2k4
Oh look OTO in SALEM , MA home of modern day witch

www.knightstemplar-oto.org...

hmm from there site let look at some of there levels shall we

° Perfect Pontiff of the Illuminati
° Perfect Magician and companion of the Holy Royal Arch of Enoch
° Illustrious Knight (Templar) of the Order of Kadosch, and Companion of the Holy Graal

you can even step into a OTO lodge unless your a 33rd grand mason and to be 33rd you need to complete blood sacrfice there your puppet masters of the freemasons

I am really interested in the "blood sacrifice" thing. Could you link to some source "official" for this. I would love to rag on my friend who became a 33rd this year. I can be all like "you drink blood dude" and junk.

We are in charge of the Holy Grail or (Graal)? That is Awwwwwsome!
I am going to give you a star for enlightening me of that incredible FACT!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by urza2k4

Man, I was getting excited for a minute, but I checked out the link you gave and it seems these guys are "like" the Freemasons. I quote"The structure of the O.T.O., like that of Freemasonry and the ancient mystery schools, is based upon a graded series of initiations or Degrees. " from your source.
So they are just a group using some of the same language? And they are based on the teachings of Aleister Crowley. Now I see where that tie in comes from. I realize Wiki is not a great souce for information, but they do come up first on google.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hey guys just a we reminder, please don't quote complete posts unless it's necessary especially when you only reply with one line comments use the reply instead of the quote tab please it cuts down on the page load times for members on dial up.
Also no name calling even in jest please and thank you.

I'm putting these links here today instead of editing into the posts that they pertain to.
You know who yous are.

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: New ATS Big Thread policy – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by southerndemolay

Originally posted by southerndemolay

i say let the anti-masons have this board there is no point in arguing with
the Profanes.

real freemasons are welcome to join me at a real site www.freemasonpride.com

'' arguing with the *** Profanes *** ''

Once again, by calling us, '' The Gentlemen ATS's Conspiracy Theorists''
*** Profanes...... *** the freemason southerndemolay prove us
once again... that freemasonry in a

*** RELIGIOUS CULT *** *** FINAL..! ***

'' Profane '' dictionary definition.....

not devoted to holy or religious purposes; unconsecrated; secular
(opposed to sacred). unholy, not initiated into religious rites .

STOP USING *** ATS *** TO MISLEAD '' PROFANES '' like you call us...!

*** STOP being dishonest, stop LYING...***

*** Achilles 13 ***

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Achilles 13

I replyed to this exact same post in the other thread so I shall ask again,

could you be a little more direct in showing the "proof" that the Freemasons are a religeous cult? I just want to understand it instead of scatch my head about it.
Thanks again in advance for your thoughtful response.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Achilles 13

"Profane" is a term used by Masons to distinguish the folks who aren't Masons.
As for SouthernDemolay, for one thing you're using one person from all of the other Masons on here who tolerate your posts with either amused or honest interest.
Also, SouthernDemolay is not currently a Mason, though he said he'd be entering the Fraternity soon. Sure, he's been in Demolay, but that is a separate organization, though related. As for his behavior, again. He's one person.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

K, I think like a code to occult the knowledge, but have we outgrown occultism? I fear we are not over the old reasons.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join