It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Police Brutality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

NYPD Police Brutality

iwitnessvideo.info

NYPD arrests innocent people, makes up charges and gets busted.

New Yorkers and people across the U.S. were stunned to see the YouTube video of a police officer tackling a bicyclist in Times Square, unprovoked and without warning. Even more surprising, in a sworn statement, the police officer alleged that he ordered the cyclist to stop, and that instead the cyclist "steered into" the officer and drove the bicycle over him, knocking him down and injuring him. The video clearly shows the cyclist veering away from the officer and getting tackled, football-style, landing on the sidewalk. It appears that he was never ordered to stop.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The absolute worse thing about this is the fact that they charged the cyclist, lied under oath and were willing to let him take the fall and acquire a criminal record out of the whole thing!

iwitnessvideo.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by YorkshirePudding

This has been posted before--sorry, my fault. I searched before I posted, but obviously didn't do something correctly. Mods, please delete if you see fit...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So whats going to happen to the officer?
How can they just sit by and see him lie while there is evidence proving beyond a reasonable doubt, available to the general public, proving his sworn statement is a lie and that he assaulted the cyclist for nothing?
Surely someone will do something they cant make themselves look corrupt as well?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Okay... if he had REALLY told the bicyclist to stop, the bicyclist is riding in a loud area for one and traveling for two. He wouldnt have even heard the cop if he DID say something. The cops lips werent moving that I saw and you would, with all common sense, figure that the cop would have given him a signal of some sort OTHER than railing him off his bike. Like, the international sign for stop, an open hand pointed at the man? And why THIS guy? Was he doing something wrong that the other cyclists werent? I didnt see him rollin down the road with his genitals hanging out, flippin the bird while smoking a crack pipe or anything.
Im so sick of police brutality I could puke. I have been the victim of police corruption before so my opinion may be biased, but I think I came to a damn good conclusion. This cop has no right to hurt this poor guy, set him in a cell, lie about it and get off the hook scot free.
Dumb.
-Z-

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i heard on CNN they fired the cop lol

i also think they dropped charges agianst the biker, so, if true, then justice was served eventually

but ya, this particular cop is totally not credible under oath

i just think they should file charges agianst him for prejury tho

lying under oath is a huge crime...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So now the cyclist can sue NYPD for millions?

SCORE!!!

new topics

top topics

join