It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin:Dick Cheney in a dress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Greetings to all..

it's good for the people to get as much information on our leaders as possible...even though they will not be in power when we get NESARA going

for the time being let's check out Palin...

In his latest move, with his trademark blend of panicked desperation and political calculation, John McCain announced his choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

McCain's anti-choice, anti-science, anti-environment, anti-gay right wing extremist pick for vice president -- particularly important in view of Sen. McCain's advanced years and failing health -- reveals the depth of his cynicism and condescension towards American voters, women in particular.

Palin has signed on to the Bush administration's economic policies, opposes increasing the minimum wage, and opposes equal pay for equal work regardless of gender. And this is McCain's way of reaching out to women and the working class?

Of course, Sarah Palin is just a wonderful choice if you believe we should chuck factual textbooks out the window and start teaching creationism in public schools as if ancient superstition were on an equal footing with the latest scientific findings. Yeah, she's definitely in favor of that.

Oh, and what's wrong with a little friendly censorship here and there? According to the Frontiersman newspaper, Wasilla’s library director, Mary Ellen Emmons, said that Palin asked her outright if she "could live with censorship of library books.” Palin later dismissed the conversation as a “rhetorical” exercise. Um-hm.

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency," said Bill Burton of the Obama campaign. "Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies -- that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same.''
Palin, a former small-town mayor with a taste for mooseburgers, has more experience catching fish than dealing with foreign policy or national affairs. I hate to mention the Peter Principle, but this lady is in way over her head. Her level of expertise is more appropriate at a city council meeting than on the Council of Foreign Relations. Even now, the Alaska governor is under an ethical cloud.

www.freedomsphoenix.com...

have a wonderful day

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread but it seems to fit here too.

Originally posted by Fathom
bottom line McCain/Palin have the woman vote and the conservative base behind them now...too bad suck it up. game over you lose,
quit your crying.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

heh..yeah..i felt that McCain's handlers chose her to get the Hillary votes...

she also says she is about change,but she's not running for pres..so

i would love to have a female leader,but not everyone is in 5d reality yet(i wish) and we still need to find out what that possible leader is going to try and force on us.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The Major will not contest that Governor Palin is Dick Cheney in a dress, but the Major is willing to bet that Governor Palin is a much better shot than Dick Cheney.

The Major is pleased with John McCain's VP choice.

Dismissed.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Major Discrepancy]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hah! She is a much better shot, I'll give you that.

She's an interesting lady.

I'd rather have Ghengis Khan as Commander in Chief, but I think she's neat in other respects. I too like moose stew...

Anyone who wants to teach creationism to kids in a secular school setting should be automatically disqualified from public office, for the same reason we don't let people with severe mental retardation handle nuclear weapons. It's just bad policy to have the mentally challenged so high up the totem pole.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
for the same reason we don't let people with severe mental retardation handle nuclear weapons

Wait a minute, I always thought that was a prerequisite for the job. Who else would want to do it? I mean look at the Bozo who's in charge of them now. He still has time to lob a few around before he leaves office, and quite frankly, I wouldn't put it past him.

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 30/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I mean look at the Bozo who's in charge of them now.

Oops, I'm sorry Bozo. I didn't mean to compare you to the mental defectives that are currently running this country into the ground. May you rest in peace. I only wish that our next government has your compassion for all people.

Mod edit: BB Code.

[edit on 30/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I don't think Dick Cheney ever in his life has considered the 'ethics' of the oil industry. Palin has, quite a lot.

But on the other hand, Dick Cheney doesn't have a baby with Down Syndrome.

Personally, a 72 year President with a VP choice that is a 44 year old mother of five, including very young children (one of which with very special needs born in April of this year), I don't see that as a very good ticket. I guaranteed that she will not be able to 'mother' her baby as VP. What, is she going to Breast feed him while acting as President of the Senate? Every child I have ever met with Down Syndrome needed near 24 hour supervision.

How is she going to lead, if God forbid, something were to happen to McCain? She might be an excellent mother now, but where will her attention be if she became President? On our relations with Iran, or the special needs of her children? She will not be ready at 3am.

I think she seems to be a fairly amazing woman. I just question running as VP when you have a 5 month old down syndrome baby. I respect her for having the child after prenatal testing showed the baby to have down syndrome. But I do not respect her for jumping into this race less than 6 months after he was born.
What kind of commitment to family is that?
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Your entire premise is totally flawed.

One of Palin's biggest battles in Alaska was forcing big oil companies to pay more taxes. Another was exposing corruption in her own party.

Palin is not a career Washington bureaucrat who worked her way to the top through her connections. Palin is a small town girl who's done well and risen to the top because of who she is, not who she knows.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Hey Jaime, welcome back. First you were here for 60 days, then disappeared, to return exactly 30 days later. Guess you needed a break, or did the 527 finally start paying ya?

I agree... the Cheney/Palin comparison is weak. Almost as opposite as you can be.

The only similarity I can see is their penchant for firearms, and yes, she does appear to be a better shot.
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Most Americans (and Canadians) are to busy with life to get down and dirty with the facts about our political choices.

With that in mind, with first glance at McCain/Palin...War Hero...Mother of 5...Husband blue collar oil field worker....IT IS AS American as Apple Pie and Baseball (or now Football)....

I gotta smile when I look at that iconic picture.

Go McCain!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
reply to post by jamie83

Hey Jaime, welcome back. First you were here for 60 days, then disappeared, to return exactly 30 days later. Guess you needed a break, or did the 527 finally start paying ya?

I agree... the Cheney/Palin comparison is weak. Almost as opposite as you can be.

The only similarity I can see is their penchant for firearms, and yes, she does appear to be a better shot.
DocMoreau

Hey Doc...

Yeah, I needed a break. ATS was sucking too much time. It truly is a waste of life when you think about it. I always wondered if we ALL would put the same amount of time into an organized project of some sort we'd be rich!

What's really discouraging in general is the immediate attacks on good people like Palin (and maybe even Obama would fall into this category) can do nothing but discourage good people from getting into politics and making a difference.

In our eagerness to attack our perceived enemies, and our thirst for dirt on them, we are destroying ourselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
bottom line McCain/Palin have the woman vote and the conservative base behind them now...too bad suck it up. game over you lose,
quit your crying.

Stop being so upset that your next president is going to have a bigger package than you.

The bottom line is we only know two things about Palin. She's pretty hot and she has an idiot factory between her legs.

And, we also know that she could potentially be president because ol' marionette arms might not last 4 years.

Anyway, when we actually start finding things out about this mother of a moron we can decide if she'll really affect woman voters.

As it stands though, most American women would not want to vote for a woman that's more attractive than they are. They would also probably want to vote for the more sexually potent African American.

Also, most American men can't take an attractive woman seriously.

It is what it is.

[edit on 8/30/2008 by Sunsetspawn]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
here is spinmaster karl rove on the subject...

B'Man's Hypocrite Watch: Bush's Brain Fart Speaks
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
She is not only anti abortion, she is apparently anti birth control.....

It is very irresponsible for a woman over 40 to have unprotected sex, since the possibility of birth defects, especially Downs Syndrome, rises steeply......proportionally with age.

She practically doomed that baby from conception....now she's just going to toss him aside for someone else to care for??? Family values??

Yep, Go McCain!!

And just how much time did he spend vetting her?? Is this a sample of his good judgement??

Rumors??

and more...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
Sarah Palin: Dick Cheney in a dress

God, I hope so!

I don't think a dress could make Dick Cheney look that good, though.

There is one thing for sure, Palin has got the left scared hitless.

You can always tell, because that's when the "let me shove some tolerance down your throat" crowd starts with the vitriolic intolerance.

I'm loving it.

[edit on 2008/8/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

i have to disagree. Having a woman as your Vp does not mean you get the automatic female vote. The reason why everyone made a hype about Hillary was because A) She's qualified, and she's B) part of a political legacy *the good kind, not the Bush kind*.

The truth is, McCain is not a conservative, and like John Kerry said (i'm paraphrasing because i don't quite recall the actual quote) "Candidate McCain would oppose the immigration co-written by Senator McCain" The fact is, what made McCain so much of a Maverick candidate back in 2000 was that he wasn't afraid to break party lines, now he's turned into a Bush zombie, disagreeing with his previous self. Sadly, most "republicans" are just voting for him because Obama's the other guy. Why not give Bob Barr a chance? McCain's just desperate for everyone's vote, you can tell just by looking at the sleaze he's been throwing at Obama.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I feel sorry for McCain already, he thought that Palin Uterus would win the minds and harts of Hillary followers in the woman ranks but he just made the worst decision for his chances at the white house.

Pity.

I think that she may be cheney in dress but at least cheney hormonal fluctuations were no an issue.

She can be quite spiteful if you marry her sister and then divorce her.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
and personally, If I were McCain I would have picked Lieberman. Look at it this way, *gods forbid*, if McCain wins the presidency and later dies in office (and lets be honest here, could happen), would you want someone with no foreign policy experience (Palin) or someone with that experience (Lieberman). I'd pick Lieberman as our president any day.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

I’m a father of three and I love and show my children every bit of attention that my wife does. It’s a dangerous double standard when you say BS like that. Women are every bit as effective as men in leading as long as bigotry isn’t in the equation. To take away a mans love for his children over bigot ideology is just wrong. I hope your children [if you have any] don’t think their mommy loves them any more than their father.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join