It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Exposing Ufowatchdog website

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't see anything like this ever being a problem as long as members and amigo's stick to their guns. There are no smoke and mirrors - a conspiracy on a conspiracy website, these guys that think this deep into the subject have nothing better to do, maybe they could end up making themselves ill believing in crap like this. There are websites, and disgruntled ATSers that think this way and they seriously need to get a grip on things.

As long we work with DATA on this site, and not the bunk that's been washing through recently (C'mon Zorgon, you would see artificial structures on the carpet) then I think we will be okay. The problem is there is a serious LACK of good data, resulting in people just posting the same crap day after day.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
I started a thread just now where I also posted the screenshots of the thread that was deleted within minutes of asking if ATS was a CIA front:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT:
But just as I expected it was moved to a forum that few people reads, it took ATS just a couple of minutes to do so. Why otherwise move an obvious conspiracy thread to the "Boards and questions" forum. It is a trick I have seen them use before, I have observed some threads being moved as much as three times, so that no one can follow them.

Here is the U2U I got within minutes of the thread:

Subject: A thread of yours has been moved
sent: 30-8-2008 at 05:09 PM
It was necessary to move a thread you created titled, *IS* ATS a CIA front? which was originally posted in the General Conspiracy Discussion forum, to the Board Business & Questions forum. intrepid has initiated this action, and included this message about it:
Moved to appropriate forum.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Acharya]

yeah well, because thats their job. that much is completely obvious.
keep up the great work ats at controlling the flowing of information on your website.
its funny how people can see though it now.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
A used called starvingartist started a thread here some time ago where he asked if ATS was a CIA front, the thread was immidiately moved to the "Trash Bin" without a warning... Kindof makes you wonder if there is some truth to it. I have snapshots of the post before and after it was deleted if you dont believe me.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Acharya]

If you get a chance please send me those snapshots of the member asking if ATS was A CIA FRONT. thanks. :-)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

With all due respect JR, that statement describes the majority of members on this site.

I tend to "Trust No One"........does that make me paranoid?

No. But you also don't post this one or that one is an agent.

I think McKenna said it best and I totally push this idea:

"Don't move your faith one iota, past your own direct experience. Believe no one. Question".

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Just when I was about to totally dismiss this thread / video, I come back to find find 3 scathing posts / responses by owner and responses from a well-respected member or two.

Just makes me wonder. That's all. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

regards....kk

[edit on 31-8-2008 by kinda kurious]

Well thats largely because it's untrue, and ridiculous. I figure if someone was trashing your friends in stupefying ways you'd have something to say too.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well I just made a plug for this site on the videos comments, and I am not a disinfo agent.

Probably made by one of the banned members, very poorly done and I doubt that it will do anything but bring us more forum members...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Pretty simple actually....

When you're the big dog in the neighborhood, everyone wants to try and take you down. It's called jealousy. No one can compete with ATS--It's MILES ahead of every site out there of this genre. I think it's pretty obvious what the motivation behind these and other detractors statements are.

Just my .02.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Its called intelligent discussion. I am on sides with ATS. This youtube video has no evidence to back up anything they say. 99% of the time, a person comes out, saying something incredibly biased, with no evidence, people come out and refute it easily, and they get mad. Its as simple as that. ATS is the most intelligent discussion I have ever seen on the internet. Certainly, the video is intriguing, but they come out with these claim, with no evidence.

Mods and staff close threads and posts because it is NOT intelligent discussion, and it is NOT denying ignorance. These people complaining are brand-new members who have barely scratched the surface.

Theses people are making unfair and biased assumptions and are simply not true if you actually investigate them.

If these people claiming ATS is a hoax, they have no idea. Staff members actually go out and research these things. See ATS mix and podcasts.

We have debunkers here, which is the best thing that ever happened. Devils advocates that challenge our belief, but time and time again, they are shut down by credible posts and evidence.

There 'evidence' that shows that ATS is a 'hoax', are simply not true. We are not stupid, and they cannot have intelligent discussion with the rest of us here. They do not believe in DENYING IGNORANCE. But they only believe in refuting hoaxes. I say the cover-up is happening with this video.

To challenge our faith in our decisions and thoughts. We must stick through and refute this impostors and not let our home that you ave built crumble.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well, you have to understand that when someone has their reality questioned by one or more people, and it continues to happen over a given time, they have a tendency to get upset and fight back. Such as those who claim to have seen UFOs. I for one have never seen one, but, I do have an open mind and down deep inside feel that they may be around, I just have not been in the right place at the right time to see one.

Now, with that said, I have seen many times, new members come here and post topics that some others flame to pieces. Yes, I understand that many get tired of the same ol crap being posted over and over again, but remember, many of these people are new and looking for answers, not a kick to the teeth. There are times many forget what it means to be civil or what respect stands for.

I have not been here that long, but in my short time, I have ....

1. not seen any topic locked because "They don`t want us here". It always is because there is a topic that has already been posted about it. Hey, why clutter up the place like that.

2. not seen any topic removed/deleted because "They don`t want us here". They are removed because they mainly start out as a rant or rave and go against the forum rules. Hey, try talking to a lunatic and see how far you get.

Myself I feel that the Mods. here are very fair to everyone, and put up with alot. The biggest thing is, they are human to, and can make a mistake. (Ok Mods. I know, let me have it, YOU DON`T MAKE MISTAKES, right?) (LOL) Everyone from the top of the pyramid (Oh no, should I have said the word pyramid? Ok big brother, I`m sorry.) down are great people. They have given us all a great place to get together and debate/discuss all topics. So I give them a AAA+++ for all that they are doing here. They take great care of this site, and I know it is a big job to do so, it`s not easy at all. Now of course, this is all just my opinion, I can`t talk for everyone else, but I`m sure the majority feel as I do, right guys and gals? Please, don`t throw rocks, they tend to hurt.

edit: Just an after thought about the hoaxers who do come here. Yes, there are those who have nothing better to do with their time but to come here and post nothing but garbage, they love nothing better then to keep everyone fighting, and it`s to bad. You would think they would want to treat others as they would want to be treated. So why post your trash if you don`t want any back? Fiat

[edit on 1-9-2008 by FiatLux]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join