It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Exposing Ufowatchdog website

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I found this really cool video at youtube in.youtube.com... what you guys think about it ?

In comment section i found this very interesting comment :-

I feel sorry for a lot of these people who go there with video, pictures or whatever, as no matter what they have, seems like they get jumped on by at least 20 people. I am a sky watcher and would never post my stuff there no matter what I found. Just very angry irate and yes, immature people. I saw it all too. Their behavior towards anyone even asking about something.. not even any claims. is indeed very strange.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Seems to take quite a dig at this site as well. Saying that ATS is 'skeptically biased' is a bit far fetched, there is a lot of bunk on this site that gets a lot of hits too, mostly the sensationalistic and the alertist rubbish. The critical thinkers often get thrown in the same bin as the debunkers, which is just silly; there is clearly a difference.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well, I kind of agree. This site IS filled with debunkers. Which is a good thing. I would hate it if everytime they find a 500 pound, rubber bigfoot everyone came to us to make it so.

This site has some geniuses on (myself excluded). You want the truth? Its out there. Its right here..

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo
Seems to take quite a dig at this site as well. Saying that ATS is 'skeptically biased' is a bit far fetched, there is a lot of bunk on this site that gets a lot of hits too, mostly the sensationalistic and the alertist rubbish. The critical thinkers often get thrown in the same bin as the debunkers, which is just silly; there is clearly a difference.

Your back link tell me all about you what you try to say lolz Sorry for one liner

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's cool.

To member spliff4020, there are debunkers on the site, what i'm trying to say is that critical thinkers are not debunkers. Debunkers will try and explain away anything, even when presented with hard evidence. Critical thinkers can use logic to deduce answers, in a way they can be on the fence about the topic, and will look at all available evidence, then come to a conclusion. The problem with ATS is that the sensationlist stuff gets the most hits on this site, particularly 'faces' on mars and rock formations which some members seem to think is rock solid evidence of another civilization, or 'ruins'. There hasn't been a good thread on this board for months, but yet i check daily, in hope of a gem.

Problem is you have to wade through all the crap to find it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wow, I find this quite interesting. A conspiracy video about this conspiracy site.

Initially, I feel like I do sometimes while shaving.
If my bathroom mirror is accidently adjusted at an odd angle,
I get this weird long trail of my reflection. (house of mirrors style)

It is hard to figure out which one is actually me. One or all.

For some strange reason, the concept of this video/thread is having the same impact on me.

Although I would never belong to a club that would allow me to become a member (Woody Allen) I have always enjoyed ATS and must now consider the implications of the OP's video. (Kinda like suspecting a cheating spousal unit)

Will need to ponder a while on this one.

Looking forward to lively comments to this thread.

I'll likely conjure the potential responses instead of shaving.

regards.....kk

[edit on 30-8-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The discussion continues....

I wonder, if push came to shove, what they could demonstrate to me, that would make me believe we are - or aren't - swimming in a pool of information, with sharks?

There is an element of 'anger' focused specifically on ATS. Why attack? What does it serve other than 'free advertising'. Perhaps some future post will demonstrate the alleged 'post editing' and 'hard' evidence, as they describe it.

This OP contributes, quite accidentally, to a comment I recently made regarding the potential misuse of the great information herein at the cost of the very goal of 'denying ignorance' of which many of us can legitimately feel proud.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
A used called starvingartist started a thread here some time ago where he asked if ATS was a CIA front, the thread was immidiately moved to the "Trash Bin" without a warning... Kindof makes you wonder if there is some truth to it. I have snapshots of the post before and after it was deleted if you dont believe me.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Counter Intelligence

Pure BUNK. Sloppy and totally incorrect. It's too bad the hoaxers get upset when they get caught before they can take innocent and honest people's money.

Catching the hoaxers out and STOPPING their destruction and theft of good people's hard earned money is one of our most sacred tasks IMHO.

Videos like this, full of lies and incorrect statemets, only convince me the members of ATS are DOING A GREAT JOB here.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I started a thread just now where I also posted the screenshots of the thread that was deleted within minutes of asking if ATS was a CIA front:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT:
But just as I expected it was moved to a forum that few people reads, it took ATS just a couple of minutes to do so. Why otherwise move an obvious conspiracy thread to the "Boards and questions" forum. It is a trick I have seen them use before, I have observed some threads being moved as much as three times, so that no one can follow them.

Here is the U2U I got within minutes of the thread:

Subject: A thread of yours has been moved
sent: 30-8-2008 at 05:09 PM
It was necessary to move a thread you created titled, *IS* ATS a CIA front? which was originally posted in the General Conspiracy Discussion forum, to the Board Business & Questions forum. intrepid has initiated this action, and included this message about it:
Moved to appropriate forum.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

was that wag the dog clips in between, great film.

@ spliff4020 haha love that avatar man, that musta took a while, yeah i know not exactly related to the OP, jeez so sue me

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Boostah]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Because we've answered this HUNDREDS of times and it's simply ridiculous. Sorry to be harsh but it does get very iresome.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Now the ATS staff has just closed my thread after some flaming, and asked me to post in another thread which is 30 pages long
They dont want people to discuss this I guess.

In just 20 minutes my thread questioning if ATS is a CIA front was moved to the "Board Questions" forum where few people read posts, then flamed by two staff, then closed by a fourth ATS staff member, and then told I must re-post it in a 30 page long thread which few people is going to bother reading. This kind of negative activity does not make me less suspisious...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
wow, I watched the video from truthdog and all I can say is ,wow.
I am so friggen confused my head hurts. Martha, where are my pills?
I may be naive but I never got their point. What the hell was the Indian thing all about?
I have to go lay down now.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

ENOUGH... Post on the topic of this thread (the video) or I will begin removing your off topic posts.

Rant all you want in the appropriate thread, be suspicious, worry about it, whatever you need to do, but don't do it in this thread.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Counter Intelligence

Basically, the video is just a trailer for "Wag the Dog". There is absolutely nothing to back up the claims made by the makers of the videos. The problem is there are too many hoaxers out there trying to pass off what they have to make a dollar. They don't want to be called out. The case of the boys from Georgia with the Bigfoot in the freezer imediately comes to mind.
We need critical thinkers to ask the difficult questions. If someone posts a video, it needs to be looked at closely.
Are the people who post their videos and claims so thin skinned they cannot take anyone who questions what happened to them or about their videos?

On a personal note, I wrote about an OBE and had many skeptics deny it and offer answers. I did not mind, and did not see it as anyone calling me a liar. I expected the questions and answered as best as I could.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
well I'll never get that 8 minutes and 11 seconds back.

It's a load of crap, and as Springer said, *really* badly done. This is largely what happens when the die-hard believers lose it and get a hold of a video editing program and youtube.

Everyone who wants to get the truth out of this field at one time or another get labeled a "Govt agent", "disinformation agent", or whatever other term they want to use to marginalize you, because they don't like what you have to say or show. I've had it leveled at me hundreds of times.

It's simply someone protecting their belief system with a healthy dose of delusion and paranoia.

I know heads of ATS and UFO Watchdog personally, and I can safely say neither are "disinformation agents". It's friggin' ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Have to agree there.

In fact I commend UFOwatchdog.com. Not the best presented site around, but it's hall of shame and hall of fame speak volumes. Something everyone should look at. Hoaglanders and Greerist beware. you won't like what you see.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
It's simply someone protecting their belief system with a healthy dose of delusion and paranoia.

With all due respect JR, that statement describes the majority of members on this site.

I tend to "Trust No One"........does that make me paranoid?

Just when I was about to totally dismiss this thread / video, I come back to find find 3 scathing posts / responses by owner and responses from a well-respected member or two.

Just makes me wonder. That's all. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

regards....kk

[edit on 31-8-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see if anyone on this site will say that ATS is part of disinformation. I wonder what the moderators would do?

There are a few ways you can look at this.

1.ATS is counter intelligence and is not letting others post real UFO pictures/evidence or whatever.

or

2. This video is counter intelligence out to ruin ATS's reputation by steering away people from their website to cover the truth.

Lots of smoke and mirrors here. I would suggest for anyone searching the truth to keep looking at all disinformation and information that is out there. Educate yourself and eventually you will be able to distinguish what's true and false.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join