It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Useful addition to your bookshelf!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Alright People,

Would just like to let you know about a book I have, its called "How to pass the SAS selection course" by Chris McNab.

Link: www.amazon.co.uk...

Topics include: Fitness, Nutrition, Survival Skills, Weapon Skills

Its not geared entirely towards survival techniques but alot of whats in there can be applied in a survival situation and theres lots of useful tips. I highly recommend it and its definately an interesting read!

On another note: I'm pretty sure they've got the authors name wrong as its a pseudonym of Chris Ryan & Andy McNab. Just thought I'd let you know

[edit on 30/8/08 by Death_Kron]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I find that prety much anything that is from anything to do with SAS is ussaly good for survival techiques. also prety much anything by Ray Mears should be worshiped like the bible. another book that is good for a couple laughs is and I quote "How to # in the woods". It's prety comical and just a good read. I have also heard of a book called "Last Breath" it follows situations from the start through syptoms and right to death. If anyone knows it is it worth a read?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
[edit on 30/8/08 by The_Smokeing_Gun]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Smokeing_Gun

Your right, anything they teach to the SAS in terms of survival must be beneficial to anyone interested in such things! I'v not read anything from Ray Mears but I love all his programs, that man is a wealth of knowledge!

top topics

join