It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential campaigns bring out the idots among us don't they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I have generally enjoyed logging on to ATS and reading the various posts, but as of lately, it's been the most elementary (to put it mildly) of posts. It's as though people have tossed out all reason and rationality out the door and just post what they have been told. Some of the posts are no different than what (say the internet and this web site was around in the 60's for example) they would have posted 40 years ago.

I don't mind reading posts from someone who is from another persuasion or a differing ideology than me, if they back it up with sound reason and facts. These days, however, we see very little "reason". What we see is a blurred since of reality and frankly it's quite scary. The world has more than 50,000 unclear bombs ready to be launched and lit off in just a few heart beats...enough to destroy the ecosystem many times over. This is no time to buy into random propaganda, and especially propaganda from folks like Rush Limbaugh who is now under a thirty million dollar ($30,000,000.00) contract to tell you what to believe. There are many others too. Have you ever asked yourself why it is he makes that amount of money? Why is he given $30 million dollars to tell you lies every year? Who benefits from this the most?

You folks who buy this crap and eat it up daily, need to start going to the library and digging...look up what it is these demagogues tell you...find out for real if they are telling you the truth. We have to take back this country and do it soon before it is too late. Do your homework. Look things up. Don't trust everything you hear on the radio or see on the tee vee. We are at the end of the rope, and it is up to you to find out what the truth is...the tee vee and the am radio isn't going to tell you...or maybe it will, but you owe it to yourself to go to the nearest University Library (ask the librarian for help...he/she is more than willing to help) and find out if what you are being told is true.

America needs the truth now more than ever. The truth will set you free. Too many people and interests, year after year, profit from the proliferation of false information and there is no reason you need to be the one to buy it hook line and sinker. Please folks, America is begging you...do some research. Don't buy what your being told...unless you can confirm it.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What we need is my (Anti-Corruption Act). A black and white simple document with no loopholes which states our politicians are public servants. As such, politicians are not allowed to invest in anything except US Bonds for personal gain during office. Also, complete campaign finance reform. Nothing but personal contributions at a set limit. Complete seperation of Corporate / Special interest and Government. No parties, no sponsorship of political events, no sweetheart jobs after office, etc.

Why? They are supposed to be and NEED to be PUBLIC SERVANTS. If these restrictions are to harsh for them to make substantial personal gains, well then the job is not for them now is it?

Problem #1 (I) or someone of like me would have to become President. it is to big to ever pass in a bill. During a State of the Union, it would be released all over the internet in conjunction with a speech of why it needs to be done and up for NATIONAL VOTE by the Voters as it stands.

Problem solved if you can live to tell about it.

join