posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:32 AM
1. The Economy - Off the top of my head, I don't like this free trade nonsense. There should be huge corporate taxes for outsourcing so we can
support the unemployed that are a result of it. Without the government protecting it's people financially to some degree, we have corporate anarchy
which, in the end, destroys the value of the money I've earned anyway.
2. The Wars (this goes back to the economy) - I don't care if we are waging rightous wars, although I somehow doubt we are. The bottom line is,
I'm paying for it, and my country's economy is suffering for it. I also really don't like the no-bid contracts and the $50 for a can of soda
nonsense. Halliburton's Board of Directors should, as a group, for the damage they've collectively done both abroad and at home, slip in a puddle
3. Abortion - If a lippy broad wants one then I, as a Testicled American, have no say. Any man that feels he can tell a dame what she can or cannot
do with her body should get cancer.
4. Gay Rights - We really should let the gays get married. To exclude a group of men because they like roman war helmets, or a group of women
because they like mullets, is silly.
5. Guns - I don't have a gun, but if I get a family I'll want at least a shotgun. Of course, the way things seem to be going I'm going to marry a
bleeding heart liberal that won't let me have one. I suppose the perfect end to a happy family would be a home invasion.
Government reform, energy, the environment, and transparency are other issues that really aren't going to change no matter how important they are, so
they can't influence my vote.
Government Reform? Stop it. Money talks, and the corruption in our government/corporate orgie is all about money. In fact, it's this problem
that's causing our energy and environment issues. Hell, there is one food additive out there that makes me very sick that the FDA has declared,
"generally recognized as safe," and I have to eat like a freakin' hippie because of it. I would love to be able to go into a DD and grab a bagel
sometimes, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
To a lesser degree the corruption is also responsible for all the secrecy, but...
some things do need to be secret, honorable government or not.
UFOs and all non-terrestrial matters that contradict the status quo must remain secret because people are basically well dressed cattle; spook'em
and they stampede.
Edit to add, I'm voting for the ni...
despite what the right may claim, he neither has the desire, nor the power, to take away my fantasy of having a gun to protect my family.
[edit on 8/30/2008 by Sunsetspawn]