It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are There So Many "Mark of the Beast" Threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Are people really that frightened of "the mark"?

While were at it...

Why are there so many "anti Christ" and rapture threads?

1)theres no "conspiracy" in the traditional sense (at least in my opinion).

2)if you think these situations are actually going to occur would you not recognise it immediately as the "Christians that you are"?... hence making it easily avoidable?

3)absolutely nobody really knows what the real meaning to the prophecies (if that is actually what they are) are. It is all complete speculation. Period.

From both perspectives (Judeo-Christian and Non Judeo-Christian) they seem a little silly to be debating. If there even is a debate? Either it is going to happen and there is nothing you can do about it because it is driven by the divine or the stories are not meant to be literal. Either way, theres no influence humans can have on the subjects. So if you are Christian there is no fear to be had because you have your trust in the Lord and if you are not Christian theres is no fear to be had because the prophecies have no importance to you.

I don't have a problem with people discussing it. That is fine, but unless there is some sort of conspiracy to put the "fear of God" in people or some kind of keyboard preaching is occurring, can we just use the search function for all the other 10,000 threads that discusses these topics?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I just want to clarify something.

The reason I posted this is because I really enjoy the CoR forum a lot of the time. I like very much when different opinions and faiths are discussed and debated maturely. There is a lot to learn within this small section of the internet. And I am grateful for that.

But when a lot of these rapture threads and anti-Christ threads and "mark of the beast" threads come up, it seems either there is some sort of motive to evangelize or instill fear/ "warning" within the context of the thread. And not to mention some people are just plain scared of what they think is going to happen within there lifetime. Which is really kinda odd when considering (if you are Christian) you would be able to spot the signs of one of these scenarios and avoid the whole thing fairly easy.

And 99% of it is pure speculation. I suppose there is a lot of speculation in conspiracies, but this one seems to have little or no evidence supporting most theories.

My point is not to mock or downplay the significance Christians hold in these prophecies, but to limit the fear (either pushing it or contained within) that is evident in alot of the posts in the threads. And some if not most threads are re-hashing arguments over and over.

Anyone get what Im saying?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Well, because although people are ready to open up to some extent, most of them still can't let go, and realize that the chances that some book, lost on a small rock in the infinite universe, could actually contain the meaning of life are fairly slim.
It's weird. They can give up on everything society has ever taught them, exept religion, and somehow seem to be living in pre-copernican world, where earth and our sad superstitions are centraly linked to the fate of the universe.
I agree, these threads are so detached from reality that they could no way portray any kind of conspiracy. They are far too centered on an occidental perception of life that simpy does not englobe the complexities of life, or the galaxy.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by abelievingskeptic
keyboard preaching is occurring

That has GOT to be the best description I've ever seen pertaining to what your post is about.

I would also say there is so much hubbub about it because most religious people are like politicians - all they can do is argue.

Keyboard preaching ............... LMDAO !!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

ha!,,lol ya that part is prob the most annoying.

I respect peoples beliefs and their desire to discuss their beliefs but there is a line that is often crossed in the forum. And that goes for everyone. Not just Christians by any means...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There are a lot of confused Christians in America who believe the bible and are waiting for Jesus to return and put them in some kind of fantasy fluff-fluff world while the rest of us burns in hell.

Thats why.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

I think what you are describing is discussion of religion in general. There definitely is a lot truth to what you are saying. For some, I think it is easier to simplify life and give it meaning through means that are defined and completely out of their control yet can still "reach out and touch it."

I think that is ok if it helps people cope with their life in this sometimes crazy world we all live in, but in this thread I am trying to raise some attention of different tactics that some of the more extremists use to raise fear and/or evangelize from the comfort of their own computer screen.

It is my opinion that we should recognize those threads as what they are, and try to keep them at a minimum.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

That may be part of it...

Honestly, I think it comes down to the 'need' or want to be correct and have other people validate your opinion by agreeing with you.

But this is ATS, and in most othere forums members usually demand a more scientific approach to "conspiracies" and theories. Also, usually when the same topic has been posted a thousand times with little differentiation between threads then people start to say something.

Again, Im not saying ignore the topic. Just present something different or with some effort to provide evidence or an explanation as to why the conspiracy is a conspiracy instead of the same old same old regurgitated fear spew.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Agreed.
As for religion helping to cope with a world gone crazy, well, who is mainly responsible for the world gone crazy...?
Just saying...

I view a debate as an exchange of logical arguments. You can't have that with religious nuts. ATS largely being a debate forum, well yeah, lets keep those threads to a minimum...

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Ismail]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Religionists have a deep subconscious fear of the unknown and of themselves, so they compartmentalize and "mark" those around them. In this mental state, evangelization becomes a coping mechanism. They seek to alleviate their fears by drawing others into them. The danger for society is that the principle of diminishing returns eventually comes into play as they begin flexing their political muscle by forcing the holdouts into tacit submission to their conspiracy of fear and by destroying any and all those who forcibly resist.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Religionists have a deep subconscious fear of the unknown and of themselves,

Im sorry, but I can't agree with that. Whenever a complete and large range of people are lumped together, and generalized it usually rings untrue to me.

I do agree there are some people this can be applied to, but the same thing could be said for athiests...

Or by this logic, if I said "all athiests are evil because they think there is nothing in the afterlife" that woud be equally untrue.

When it comes to religion most people, in general, want to be right. I think it is natural to want to have your belief system the 'only right beief system' as it does help shape peoples moral values. There definitely are religious fanatics and there definitely are athiest fanatics.

As I have stated before this thread is to raise the awareness of what I think are some things (the topics previously mentioned) that are being less scrutinized and held to a lower standard by the members of ATS than in other forums.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by abelievingskeptic
When it comes to religion most people, in general, want to be right.

Oh I agree. Religionists have a fear of being wrong. A fear that the truth is something unknown to them, that whatever it is, they will get it dead wrong. How many times have you heard about some xian or other religionist agonizing in prayer, pleading with their imaginary friend for guidance? Fear of the unknown, fear of self. This is a disease which demands treatment.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Lilitu]

join