It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myspace IS a conspiracy, open your eyes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This is a subject I have been debating about posting on for close to a year, and the time has come.

If you don't have a myspace account, I ask that you please register one before flaming this thread. If you take a close look at the default page you will notice that familiar faces will appear as "Today on Myspace" or "New cool people". It wasn't until I was home and checking my mail (after listening to a psych lecture in class) that I started thinking about this theory.

We went over an hour long review of the sixteen Jung personality types (later condensed down by Meyers Briggs which is actually pretty neat if you're a psych nerd) when I thought about it and checked it out I noticed that these familiar faces were there for a reason. Every profile fits perfectly in to each category of personality type.

Myspace is world wide! We have myspace America, Canada, China, Japan, etc.. the same faces show up in each country month after month with the same pattern.

I believe that a combined one world government is using myspace as a tool to better understand what popular demand actually is in each civilization. Once you understand them you can control them.

I'm positive I'm not the first person to consider this...?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Quarantine]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

Since you changed the title, I am going to have to change my post. I have been on MySpace since 2005, and the randomly generated images, that is written on the .NET platform is random. I don't see the same faces as you say they are.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I apologize for the title, I was writing in an open window from earlier and forgot the tile was different.

In conclusion to your ASP theory, there is nothing random about it. Take a screen shot of index for a week or so and post them, see what the sheep-a-ma-people say.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

Are you referring to the random faces it says about cool people to click on, on the front page? It's been pretty random for me...

But, I think your original title, would have been a good debate.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quarantine
I believe that a combined one world government is using myspace as a tool to better understand what popular demand actually is in each civilization. Once you understand them you can control them.

Sounds like big brother. Vote for the personality you like. So your phone number is logged as someone who "likes someone who thinks like this".

It's nothing but a public psychology exercise.

Not familiar with MySpace, but it wouldn't suprise me if it's the same.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This is a disease that even infects me. I know what it's for, but I get too bored sometimes, and it's like an impulse stupid thing, like checking your txts on your stupid crap radioactive GPS locked cell phone that can and does spy on you.
Facebook has been an exposed FBI ffront, even going so far as to ask for a scan of your driver's license to join. Dunno if they changed that, but I kept hearing people asking me to join Facebook and someone said I needed my driver's license...and I was like "that's never going to happen". I didn't like it at all, it was stupid. So is myspace. We should all be reading books, not writing personal info on the internet for the whole world to read. Not like your online purchases and your website histories aren't compiled and tabulated as well. Not like all these computers constantly hooked up to a constant flow of internet connectivity can't be thoroughly intruded upon and explored remotely. Not like everything we write here isn't read and stored on a supercomputer server somewhere in a gov't basement. Nowhere to run, Charlie Brown.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
you do know myspace is owned by Rupert Murdock? He also owns Fox News, the Wall Street Journal and a bunch of other media conglomerates. Neo-con all the way...dirty!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
hadn't really thought about this before but why not. it makes sense and any corporation worth its logo would eagerly utilize a tool like this to "focus group" people without having to bother asking the people if they'd like to participate. so why not a government that wanted to control its people. all they would need is a tool owned by an obvious neocon shill and....oh you mentioned murdoch already.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

top topics

join