It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane warning to New Orleans.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti
I have a friend who has two cats - one requires medication - she has been trying to get a ride out but has had no luck so far -

The city has fleets of busses leaving, and they are allowing pets. She should be able to get on gov provided transportation.

Though of course in reality many will leave their dogs and cats locked or chained up, they can buy another one later if they want too. Animal abuse was a problem in many parts of new orleans under the BEST of circumstances, and it gets far worse when things get rough. I hope the flooding doesn't start again, that was horrid last time.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

That's not good, I hope it turns out all right for everyone down that way, but I'd imagine you guys would fill up quick due to proximity to the expected impact zone. I'm seeing on the news that they are flying people to Louisville, Nashville, and some other places set up farther from the coast. If I lived down that way, I'd much rather shelter somewhere closer to home than be bussed/flown so far away. You've been around ATS for a while, were you in the guard for Katrina as well, and if so, what are the comparisons between now and then?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I was in Afghanistan on active duty in in the Army when Katrina happened, but from what I hear from fellow guard members things are much much better than when Katrina happened.

Ill be back later with more updates from the front after another 12 hour security detail.

[edit on 31/8/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Should the taxpayers have to continually pay for evacuations of New Orleans?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have fun~!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Should the taxpayers have to continually pay for evacuations of New Orleans?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have fun~!!!

Taxpayers do not "continually" have to pay for evacuations from NO. This is only the second time. Just b/c it has happened close together doesn't mean anything.

Edit to add: Why are you using someone elses thread to promote yours??

[edit on 31/8/08 by quaple_pouge]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Down to cat2 and disorganized after blitzing Cuba. I have found there are some bad elements here qp, people that aren't right and just want to joust out the worst in us. I still have so much to learn. People in Cuba are walking about dazed. Anywhere the eye hit...nothing stood. Entire towns reduced to rubble. The walls blown off the baseball stadium. I am sorry Cuba. I know our stupid govs prevent interaction. But my prayers to you. And you know how to trick out those old Chevys and make them look like Salvadore gems like no one else.

[edit on 8/31/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Should the taxpayers have to continually pay for evacuations of New Orleans? www.abovetopsecret.com...
Have fun~!!!

Haha...well maybe we can just relocate them to Florida instead huh? Katrina caused an influx of 100,000 refugees to Atlanta, they estimate about 60,000 stayed. It caused adramatic spike in crime rates, all cities that had a huge influx had the same problem. Katrina washed a lot of hard core gangs and criminals out of New Orleans.

Personally I think it would be worth the investment to fix the levies. Every time these evacuations happen many won't go back. Atlanta news is interviewing people fleeing here and saying "this time I am staying".

Then again parts of New Orleans are quite beautiful, and it is a very historic city, the better/historic parts are built on the original high ground. If the floods continue and the levies aren't fixed maybe just the best parts will remain functional and the city can revamp itself.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The heat is on MikeBoyd. Tonight will be a wild ride. Stay low my friend. And God be with you.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
my friend found a ride with a neighbor - thanks to those who u2u'd me - its appreciated - when Katrina hit my friend was able to leave and fly here to stay with me...I know she's gonna be alright this time as well...her neighborhood is on higher ground so she had a home to go back to and that may be a blessing this time as well...I pray for the safety of all involved - and I thank G-d that He always hears me!!! Please add your agreement even if you don't post it

thanks again..

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepy ALEX
IMHO i belive blackwater guys might be a bit trigger happy.

Maybe but last time looters were shooting the rescue crews...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Looters were a problem after Katrina and after Rita. I am all hunkered down and waiting for Gustav to make land fall, but you better believe I am arme3d and should anyone show up here who does not belong, they will be shot on sight.

Thus far this storm is doing everything I expected it to do (see previous post for my predictions) but I must admit I am still a bit nervous.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I absolutely detest any individual who would take advantage of a bad sit as well Apex. Try it. You wil eat lead. Sorry... the Z meister. You were correct in every last thing you said Mr Wendal. I was wrong. You stay well as well.....my friend.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I couldnt agree more. It takes a real low life to take advantage of a situation such as this. I like to believe that most people will be helping their neighbors, but unfortunately I know better. All you can really do is be prepared.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Jim Cantoris (sp)? just did a Weather channel vid showing a large cabin cruiser(100K plus) in Houma, LA (dead center) whose family said that because they had 8 kids, they could not afford to evacuate.....LMFAO

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

Why is that so funny to you? Personally I do not find it to be a humorous statement by any means. I am pretty sure if they tried they could have found a way to evac, but not all Parishes are doing what New Orleans is doing. Not all areas have transportation provided for them. With that being said, not all areas are below sea level like New Orleans is either.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There are not well people here Mr Wendal. As I so closely found out last nite. They are best to be ignored.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Funny being strange....I do not find any parts or the results of a hurricane amusing..simply unusual....I was in SW FL for Charley........my comment was about the dichotomy between owning a massive boat and not being able to afford to evacuate a family of 8 or more....where are the priorities?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

That I can understand. People all over this country have their priorities screwed up. I can not begin to even tell you how many times I have seen someone living in a basic shack... but they will have a brand new Escalade parked outside with rims that spin.

However, maybe they live on that boat. IN a lot of ways a house boat is cheaper than paying for a house for 20-30 years. Without knowing the situation it is hard to judge.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

"Normally" the national guard weapons are not loaded or or on safe....But, there is no way to tell......And for the other post, doubtful they are Blackwater, they would normally be contracted after the disaster

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

You are probably right. I just dont see myself ignoring anyone at the moment. I'm a bit on edge and just waiting for this thing to start. I have been hearing thunder on and off for the last few hours, but I know this thing will not make land fall for another several hours.

Your not in this area also are you?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join