It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jack the Ripper buried in Brisbane, Australia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
some of you are failing to point out and getting lost in "facts" take a look at manchster art gallery as the painting by jack the ripper and quite possible is the ripper himself! or did he know who he was and paited the acts.
jack the ripper!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by mystiq

Of the two leading theories that 1. The murders can be linked to occultist rituals and 2. The coincidence that forensics was discovered not long after could actually tie into each other. If the men involved were actually high-ranking officials or of high status', being some being Doctors and taking a deeper interest into the science of things, they may have 'accidentally' discovered the art of forensics whilst performing their unsightly rituals.

What if forensics is actually the byproduct of the rituals involved with the occult? Wow, that would certainly shake things up a bit...

that is a good idea i never thought of that i just thought it was a cruel irony that it was discovered so soon after the murders.

also the painting is very strange, The Camden Town Murder seems very much ripper like, its almost the start of the mutilation of the last murder.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I think the occult speculation detracts from the actual crimes. It would be unbelievable if the murders could be solved now, 120 years later. Who would have known back then that 'Jack the Ripper' would spawn a cult industry, complete with self-appointed experts, aka ripperologists!

Octopussassin
www.nuganhand.wordpress.com

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Octopussassin

You think that speculation on occult activities detracts from the crime. How so? What if it is true and provides a very unique insight into the mind of a serial killer? Is it not the job of the people investigating to get inside the mind of the killer?

I ask the question: What is so wrong with investigating an intriguing case regardless of qualifications or time-span? You seem to be mocking the hobbiest work of 'Ripperologists' as being a waste of time by 'self-appointed experts'. The experts at the time couldn't figure it out, neither can those of today's world so why not look at ALL the possibilities? And what is one way of looking at a wide range of possibilities? Expand the pool of knowledge!! Get more people involved with a greater variety of talents.

Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

You think that speculation on occult activities detracts from the crime. How so? ...What is so wrong with investigating an intriguing case regardless of qualifications or time-span? You seem to be mocking the hobbiest work of 'Ripperologists'...

I'm not mocking anyone, it was a reflective comment...I think it's incredible that some crimes are still puzzling us all more than 100 years later. Not only that, that a crime like this can still inspire so much interest to the point that there's almost a fan base (probably wrong description) that has sprung up around the event. There's nothing wrong in entertaining fresh ideas and theories, no argument there.

Re: the occult angle. The number of true proven occult-motivated crimes are so small in number they're almost not worth contemplating when it comes to Jack the Ripper. How about someone who just got off on cutting women up? It happens.

There appears to be a preoccupation with the occult on this site in many threads ie. many deaths, murders etc are all down to devil-worshipping no-goods. Frankly, it smacks of Christian fundamentalist over-reaction, and I believe it distracts people from contemplating the true motives behind crimes. Just my opinion.

Octopussassin

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

There appears to be a preoccupation with the occult on this site in many threads ie. many deaths, murders etc are all down to devil-worshipping no-goods. Frankly, it smacks of Christian fundamentalist over-reaction, and I believe it distracts people from contemplating the true motives behind crimes. Just my opinion.

OK, I see what you are saying, but I think it's a little ignorant to say it 'smacks of Christian fundementalist'. I, for one am not christian, in fact I hold no belief in a god at all and yet I saw the obvious occult ties in this. I'm not saying that it is concrete, I am however leaving open the possibilities.

Re: the occult angle. The number of true proven occult-motivated crimes are so small in number they're almost not worth contemplating when it comes to Jack the Ripper. How about someone who just got off on cutting women up? It happens.

I don't know where you get your information from but there are many many occult-related murders that have been investigated. Here is a link to an entire book written on the subject:
www.amazon.co.uk... ........ and that's just the first one that popped up on Google when the words 'occult related murders' are typed in.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

OK, I see what you are saying, but I think it's a little ignorant to say it 'smacks of Christian fundementalist'. I, for one am not christian, in fact I hold no belief in a god at all and yet I saw the obvious occult ties in this. I'm not saying that it is concrete, I am however leaving open the possibilities.

I don't know where you get your information from but there are many many occult-related murders that have been investigated. Here is a link to an entire book written on the subject:
www.amazon.co.uk... ........ and that's just the first one that popped up on Google when the words 'occult related murders' are typed in.

Not ignorant, but perhaps I should have said "Christian fundamentalist-INSPIRED over-reaction" - you don't have to be Christian to get caught up in 'burn the witch' hype.

As for where I get my information...true crime! I haven't read the book you Googled, but then I'm assuming neither have you. It could be filled with anything that the author pre-supposes is 'occult'.

I recall a particularly gruesome murder in Queensland a few years ago committed by a couple of lesbians, one of whom 'thought/wished' she was a vampire.

No doubt many people would classify that murder as 'occult', rather than someone with a mental disorder thinking that they can only live on blood.

True occult murders seem to be more prevalent in African countries where magic and superstition are closely tied to the end result ie. to cause an event to take place. There has been speculation in recent years that similar crimes have been taking place in the UK among some African migrants. They probably do occur elsewhere, but I just don't believe that real occult murders are as prevalent as many posters try to make out.

The term 'occult' (which only really means 'hidden' anyway) is bandied about by the media with gay abandon regularly. The rape and murder of a woman becomes an occult murder because the people involved happened to share an interest in the occult...but the murder wasn't achieving anything in a ritual sense. See where I'm coming from?

But hey, this thread is primarily just people's opinions/thoughts anyway, so no point wasting too many little grey cells on it :-)

Octopussassin

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

going off what you said what if the person or persons who commited the murders thought or believed that they were doing for a cause, eg occult, belief, cult, there boss, told to, god.
what if they were so mentally gone they thought they were doingthe right thing, they thought they were working for someone.
so its not directly linked to the occult or what ever but perhaps they read to many books on the subject and decided to try it.
just like these lesbians who thought they were vampires, the ripper thought the same end maybe for the same reason or another outlandish reason.

there are quite a few cases of people trying to be vampires this way a lad in wales recently got put away for murdering an old lady for the same reason VAMPIRISM
so it might be the same sort of pschosis here so cant really be ruled out.

but then i dont think we will ever find the answer, i think thats why so many people are fasinated, because we will never truly know the answer, so people can make their own asumptions

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin

That's a fair point Kerrichin - where does one draw the line? I suppose it's different for everyone, I can only call it how I see it.

I think as you say we will probably never really know the answer or true motivation. The woman could have just been indulging a weird sexualised fantasy/power trip, or worshipping some secret bloodthirsty deity (but I suspect the former).

Octopussassin

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i also think that the reason that the ripper murders is so popular is because the murders just seemed to stop after the last one.

there are so many theories as to why, i think thats why a lot of theories are occult based.
normally serial killers tend to keep going until they are caught or die themselves but this one seemed to stop just as the murders were getting famous.
also the way they did it.

also i think television keeps the murders in the publics eye, such are movies documentaries and tv shows, they are endless if you go on the internet movie data base you can see how many there are theres to many to list and each one has a different theory or idea.
also youve got the jack the ripper tour in london or the madame tussauds models.
even the leeds museam in england has an exhibion on the murders
jack the ripper is always there.

i think in a way its quite morbidthe way these companys expoit these women, the way they were killed and everything, the pain and fear they must have felt.
but then i also expoit them because i my self am fasinated by jack the ripper
but thats for another discussion.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
As someone who used to collect the Murder Casebook magazine series, I can understand the public's fascination with serial killers.

Perhaps the murders stopped suddenly because the killer was feeling some heat/suspicion close to home, or perhaps they did die (people certainly had shorter life spans at that time). We just don't know. I must say though that I do enjoy it when someone comes up with a semi-plausible theory, such as Patricia Cornwell. Oh to have the money to indulge one's research and interests to that degree!

Octopussassin

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I had the thought that perhaps the killer was feeling too much heat and decided to move his 'interests' elsewhere, also changing the nature of the crime to a degree that people would not make any obvious association with the initial murders.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I wonder just how much 'Jack' was aware of his signature traits, and whether or not he/she could completely obliterate a killing pattern?

Octopussassin

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
good question and on that matter was it one person who commited the crimes, was there more than one, were the irst couple 'jack' then someone copied.

this is whats fasinating with every answer there are just more and more questions.

im sure if we tryed we could connect the murders to aliens (not that i believe that)

<< 1   >>

join