It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Palin's 5th child not really hers???!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by uplander

Always admirable when the extended family, i.e. grandma/grandpa step in to help out one of their children. HOWEVER, the issue here is not whether she protects her children, but that this woman is now "one breath away from the presidency" -- or will be if McCain is elected -- and with the word "transparency" being bandied about so often, the theme of "change" which is a change from the secrecy of the Bush regime, needs to be recognized as an ethic of utmost importance. Lying about things like this is not tolerated at the level she is apparently stepping into. She has an ethical responsibility to be honest about everything. There is no personal privacy when you are at the "top of the heap." To me this is the epitome of arrogance and deceit. If this rumor is true, I no longer trust her to be an "honest" person when participating in the most powerful position on this planet. She is now "on trial" in my opinion as to her veracity.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

wow i actually stood up and clapped. you are the common sense that this forum needs and many other forums.

Thanks!

As a father of teenage girls, it angers me to see people carelessly throw out rumor and innuendo that will harm a young girl in exchange for 2 minutes of internet forum glory. It's really sick, imo.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Where do you see the OP attacking the child?
You don't.
Take a chill pill.

Making unfounded accusations that a 16-year old got pregnant and quit school to have a baby raised by her mother is just plain wrong. It's attacking the 16-year old's reputation, probably permanently, for nothing she has done to deserve it.

Taking a 16-year old girl who was sick with mono and missed school and trying to twist it into a story about how she got pregnant is really about as low as I've seen here.

And no, I'm not going to stand by and "take a chill" and let this type of nonsense go unchallenged.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I think Sarah Palin is a lunatic and I think she'll be terrible for our country.

[edit on 8/31/08 by WickedStar]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvissceratorSite Moderator or Admin:

Please stop this thread from going any further and remove it and any thread like it. Rumor Mill posts are not authentic sources of information and tend to do more harm than good.

Out of respect for Mrs. Palin, who is not here to defend herself against these allegations, please remove this thread.

Thanks !

I have not stated my opinion on what the OP said and the reason is that I don't want McCain in office PERIOD any more than I want Obama in office.

However, I have to say that the fact this is still up is a good thing. It has allowed for good points on BOTH sides to be drawn up.

SHE IS THE MOTHER!! IF she is truly an intelligent woman, than she would have known that attacks on her family in general (including her children) would be made. SHE chose this path.. not the OP who stated what he/she heard and not the ppl in this thread giving their opinion.

Funny how MOST of those who want this thread taken down have shown that they are bias on this board to the republican party and have openly bashed the characters of those opposed to their party.

Again, I am neither republican or democrat. I am merely a person who finds it HILLARIOUS that ppl get so offended when it is their "guy" who is being attacked and SUDDENLY morals become a top priority.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I worked as the webmaster for the Alaska Bar Association on the 19th floor of the Atwood Building in downtown Anchorage from Late 2007 to Spring 2008. Governor Palin has her offices on the 7th floor of the same building. I never saw her personally in the building until after her baby was born, but I know there WAS a buzz in the state offices there in the building that she didn't look pregnant and were very shocked when she announced it. There WERE murmurs going around in the state offices, but I figured they were just rumors. We all thought it was amazing how she was back to work so quickly.

I also saw Palin, her husband, and her newborn child at a large dinner that was held in the Hotel Captain Cook as part of the Alaska Bar Association's annual Bar Convention. Hundreds of attorneys were present along with the Mayor of Anchorage, AK Supreme Court Chief Justice Dana Fabe, and US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Palin looked great, and I believe that was the first public appearance of the baby.

I personally feel that it's all irrelevant who's baby it is, but I kind think it's really hers. Either way, she's a fantasitc governor that has been flushing out the corruption that has plagued our state. She's been highly effective in her capacities as governor, and Alaskans love her.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
SHE IS THE MOTHER!! IF she is truly an intelligent woman, than she would have known that attacks on her family in general (including her children) would be made.

This may be the lamest rationalization for inexcusable behavior I've ever seen.

So your thinking is it's ok to slander a young girl because the mother should have known slimeballs would stoop to the level of attacking her minor children, one of whom is a baby born with Down Syndrome?

Pathetic, imo.

Funny how MOST of those who want this thread taken down have shown that they are bias on this board to the republican party and have openly bashed the characters of those opposed to their party.

No, it's not surprising at all, and it has nothing to do with party affiliation. It's because the heart of this "rumor" is attacking the reputation of a 16-year old girl whose done NOTHING to deserve this.

And if it's Republican leaning members who are standing up and speaking out against baseless attacks on a teenager, well what does that tell you about the Democrats who claim to stand for children and women?

Again, I am neither rupublican or democrat. I am merely a person who finds it HILLARIOUS that ppl get so offended when it is their "guy" who is being attacked and SUDDENLY morals become a top priority.

I'm not offended that Gov. Palin would be attacked. Like you said, that goes with the territory.

What I am offended by is that the attacks are against her teenage daughter, and the instrument of the attack is her new born child who was born with Down Syndrome.

This is just plain sick on so many levels, and has nothing to do with party affiliation.

And it really exposes the hypocrisy of the Democrats who whined for months about people "smearing" Obama for running ads showing a video of his wife speaking the words, "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country."

Yeah, right. It's "smearing" Michelle Obama to play a video of her speaking, but it's fair game to spread a totally unsubstantiated rumor about a 16-year old girl and a new born baby with Down Syndrome.

People who would stoop so low as to use a handicapped baby and a teenage girl to further their political agendas are truly a disgrace to humanity.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaffemoka
reply to post by Choppy

Just providing a photo of Sarah Palin during a previous pregnancy. There is an arguement that maybe she is one of those women that doesn't really "look" pregnant.

I don't have an opinion on this story yet, still researching, waiting for more info to come out, but this undated (yet obviously older) picture atleast tells me that Sarah Palin can look very pregnant.

picture

I hadn't seen that photo yet. Her baby was one month early but still weighed a healthy 6.2 lbs. The photo isn't absolute proof, just yet another 'thing that makes you go hmmmmm'.

No one can explain why this woman, who was high risk in both age and condition of the baby, would get on a very long flight after her water breaking and being in labor. Once you are in the air, there would be little to no medical equipment on board and a small chance of a qualified person to assist. That would be a very risky move for a young woman with a healthy baby. She was 44 years old and was carrying a high-risk baby.

At best, she made a scary, risky move that could have jeopardized her and her baby's health. Luckily everything turned out just fine. Why would an otherwise intelligent woman do that?

There are photos published by the family that show the daughter had a very round belly (very different from normal bloating or chubbiness), and is even clutching it like pregnant women do. I'm not sure if they should be linked (even though they were approved by the family to be published) but they are out there.

From all of the above, plus the fact that the daughter had to live with an aunt for having mono, close aides (who worked closely with her every day) were shocked to discover the very late-announced pregnancy, and the mother going to work merely 3 days after having given birth (after trekking across the continent) to a special needs baby all add up to something peculiar. It's no shock these rumors got started, you must admit.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
that bar is going to get increasingly harder to hurdle. someone will have to loan her a helicopter eventually, and after that a space ship, and following that a time machine. this is gonna be rough going. not a job i would want. notta chance.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i must admit your right, thats why i thought it was so darn interesting

and im back on the fence agian...i just cant figure it out lol

Originally posted by jamie83

This is just plain sick on so many levels, and has nothing to do with party affiliation.

And it really exposes the hypocrisy of the Democrats

lol just wow...

[edit on 31-8-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

She chose to run, and chose to put her and her family under international scrutiny. Exactly like many people before her. Some whose careers and lives have been ruined. It's the risk they take for running for the most important office in the country, or even the entire world.

There are a lot of other reasons to scrutinize Sarah Palin, so this rumor is just but one 'nail in the coffin'. If she did indeed lie about this, there are probably a host of other lies she is covering. Even if she did not lie about this birth, there are still probably a host of lies she is covering! She is a career politician, after all. Since when do we trust any of them?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

HONESTLY... do not lie. Do you speak out when it is other girls of the same age being attacked? brittany speares? jessica simpson? (remember, the attacks on their morals started when they were underage as well) chelsea clinton? How about miley cirus and the little vid they are displaying on this site? It does appear to look like advertisement for something "adultish" yet the girl is still "a child". I haven't seen your posts bitching about that yet.

Come on... I am not stupid. I wasn't born yesterday, although I was ALIVE yesterday when thousands of little girls were being sold for sex services across the globe yet saw no posts from you bitching on that.

This is her child. This is one persons' observation of something he saw. Get off your republican high horse and realize that her mother knows damn well she would be placing her family in the public eye making them direct targets of bs and/or truth.

You are playing the politic games as well as anyone I have seen and you are disguising them with moral BS. Betting the 16 yr old girl has more back bone than you have shown here.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If that story were true, she wouldn't stop talking about how her
family didn't abandon the responsibilty with an abortion like so
many other young women do.

Frankly I don't care. Both her and McCain are wrong on every
issue and she was not picked for the job of VP for the right
(no pun intended) reasons. This was a stunt and America won't
buy it.

Obama/Biden '08

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

dunno about spears but i remember thinking it was ridiculous that people were attacking chelsea. i'm watching this very bizaare event unfold. i learn by paying attention). i'm not stupid but i don't learn unless i focus (not very good at multitasking, i'm afraid. adhd, they say.
so if i decide i want to know something, i learn it very well. and this is one of those things, this whole potential female VP, that has my undivided attention.

said it before, will say it again, we are a very odd nation. we act as if a female president or vice president would be some earth shattering event. other nations have had female leaders, some for hundreds of years. why is it such a sticky point here?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I'm not offended that Gov. Palin would be attacked. Like you said, that goes with the territory.

What I am offended by is that the attacks are against her teenage daughter, and the instrument of the attack is her new born child who was born with Down Syndrome.

And it really exposes the hypocrisy of the Democrats who whined for months about people "smearing" Obama for running ads showing a video of his wife speaking the words, "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country."

I seem to be the only one posting info that supports this "crazy internet theory" but yet I have not attacked the daughter in any way. I believe the mother is the sole person to blame if in fact the rumor is true. I've even refrained from posting links to photos of the very pregnant appearing girl (and non-preg Mom).

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well, lets clarify first that my only point in this thread is the disgust and utter "horror shocked expressions" ppl are showing towards the OP's post. Morals only seem to mean ANYTHING when it comes to their politicians.

McCain will not win my vote by this move bc his issues, clearly stated on his site, are against what I believe. Same goes with Obama.

My issue with this thread is the biased morals that are being thrown around.

This "child" that so many are upset over has a GREAT life IMO compared to all the other children in the world who are REALLY suffering that are being ignored by these same posters.

I promise that she will be fine. These posters that "care so much" about how this "child" is being slandered would be putting their morals to good uses by speaking out about the REAL abuses children are going through who aren't afforded the great life this 16 year old has.

They aren't so concerned about the child as they are about their candidate and/or the stars they hope to receive. I can tell through their postings on this board and come on, how many in their daily lives are doing anything to prove they care about the children.... *don't start lying either people.. how many of you who are SO offended are out *there* helping the truly needy children of the world?*

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

hrm, good question. well i took alot of flack when i went on a rampage about the one child policy in china that had, as a result of the traditional values of most of the population, resulted in the death of so many female children the death toll equalled the population of every female of any age, in the usa today. that and the fact the orphanges there are filled almost entirely with female children. i believe it is called female infanticide. that just ........it makes me very sad. but my sis put me in my place by telling me that i have no way of understanding their situation because i don't live there. so ya never know: half a dozen of one, ten of the other. can't win for losing sometimes. just go with your gut

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If Gov. Palin has lied regarding this baby's mother she, in my opinion, is not trustworthy and is involved in a cover up regardless of the reason.

16 year olds have babies quite frequently and it is not an anathema for her or her family. Taking the responsibility for the child is a big plus on the side of the family in general.

Politically I am not inclined to vote for either party as neither seems to be anything more than the same old thing with the same old insiders.
I am also supportive of a women's right to choose.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Spoodily

booo hiss booo. a woman in the white house is not going to hurt you one iota. in fact, you might find you like it.

It's not about hurting me, it's about hurting her kids. She needs to pay more attention to them and not think only of herself.

Edit:

McCain picking a woman simply because she is a woman is sexist. People who support her simply because she is a woman are sexist. Some of the people voting for McCain are doing so simply because he is white. That's racist. The Republican party has not appealed to me at all because they have offered nothing other than superficiality.

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Spoodily]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This whole thread is a joke. If this is her daughter's child, and she is claiming it is her own to protect her daughter, then this will only endure her to the people. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what she is doing, and those who claim there is have their moral compass out of whack.

If the press goes after this, they will lose even more credibility. Conservatives and working class people will not only approve of her action, but they will admire her for this.

Those who claim otherwise have no concept of family, or parental obligations.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join