Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is it possible to have an OBE while awake?

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ok where to start...this happened a few hours ago so I thought I'd start this thread now while everything is fresh in my mind.

Tonight I've had my first case of sleep paralysis in months, this time it was totally different though (it also occured twice in one night).

I could move my fingers, toes and head for a start which I thought was strange since normally when this happens the only things I can move are my eyes, I was also lying on my side staring at my wall, again strange as all the other times I've been through SP its been lying on my back.

After trying to toss and turn for a bit I gradually get the feeling back into my body so I move into a different position and try to go back to sleep, I cant get comfortable though so I move back onto my side and within 10 mins I'm back in SP.

Now I'm staring at my wall again and getting a bit frustrated so I think for gods sake get up, I get an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach and go from staring at my wall to staring at the foot of my bed, I actually think I'm awake now and out of my SP so I go to climb off of my bed and instead I float down onto the floor in a lying down position.

My memory on this part is bit hazy becuase it makes no sense...I'm lying on my floor thinking whats going on then I get a feeling in the pit of my stomach and I'm back in my bed staring at my wall.

I've read different stories about OBE's but I've never read of an expierience which was like the one I had tonight, I was definetley awake when this happened so is it possible I had an OBE or was it something else?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

I've never experienced sleep paralysis so I'm sorry I cannot help you there. I can, however, attest that Out Of Body Experiences can happen while one is fully awake.

My fully awake OOBE happened to me while I was at work at a nursing facility and was shared by my co-worker also. We were going into a patients room who was dying of AIDS and we had just discussed how sad it was that such a nice person was suffering so terribly... we were pretty full of compassion for this young black mother of an eight-year-old... wondering why good people must suffer so..... and she was in such constant pain we hated to disturb her....... as we stood on either side of the woman's bed to tend to her......... suddenly.... we were up at the ceiling looking down on the scene and a very bright light was illuminating behind us...... a "voice" stated, "Everything is exactly how it's supposed to be." ..... then we were back in our bodies beside the bed.

So, yes.... Out Of Body Experiences can not only happen while you are awake.... they can happen while you are standing and busy too.

Mine was one I will never forget and I count my blessings for it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

I have never heard of that (SP) experience. But I have had the experience of knowing I am in bed or a chair and being pulled out by another who is "helping" me. I have often opened my eyes as I move out just to be sure I'm not hallucinating and I am still in my room. But when I close my eyes I am pulled into another place. I have only ever suffered SP once so I am not accustomed particular experience such as you.

It sounds more like a controlled excursion, one of which you cannot control. That would probably freak me out.

Love and Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Just to put my 2 cents in. i have hade obe while awake a few times.
very possible. but im sry to say but i do not know exactley what happend too you. you might of hade a obe but you ussaly know whene your having one. sry to say but i do not know what happened. i hope yoo can find the truth for what happened.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hey guys thanks for the great comments, I’ve had a few hours sleep since then so now I’m a bit more clear headed.

@ dreams n chains, thanks for sharing your story, its comforting to know this can happen to other people it sounds like it was an amazing experience does your co-worker have the same recollection of the event or did he/she see it differently?

@ rezial666, I to have experienced that feeling of being pulled, I cant for the life of me keep my eyes closed when It happens though it’s a very unnerving feeling which causes me to become wide awake, it hasn’t happened for some time though is that another way of having an OBE?

@ Maxell, knowing its possible to OBE while awake is all of the information I need, thanks for your input.

I’ve been mulling this over and the only scenario I can think of is I unintentionally put myself into a state which would allow me to experience an OBE.

Anybody else’s thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It's pretty normal to have an OBE while in sleep paralysis, you are not really fully awake while in sleep paralysis, your body is pretty much asleep and completely relaxed, that is all that is really needed to have a typical OBE. I can always move my fingers and toes, so that's also normal. And I always get sleep paralysis on my side, it's harder to get it while I'm on my back. To me, your experience was just typical OBE stuff.

new topics

top topics

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def