It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Palin really Pro-Life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So, she is definitely anti-Abortion, no doubt about that...

But how does she feel about the War?

How about the Death Penalty?

If she is for the Death Penalty, then there would be no way they could claim she is Pro-Life.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yeah... You simply cannot justify somebody being all for the rights of a batch of parasitic cells, over an already existing human being who should have the 'freedom' that America was founded on....

AND, being all for protecting this batch of cells over the rights of already existing people....

No, I think I understand now. The "pro-life" thing is all a matter of CONTROL over we the people. It has nothing to do with the sanctity and value of a human life, when you want to send our youth to foreign countries to mercilessly blow up innocents.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have a feeling that we're all going to get a very "pretty" picture of who Palin really is.

She's been in politics for 2 years.

And she was chosen for VP - good for her, congrats on that, honestly i mean it.

But she doesnt know what she's gotten herself into.

She's under investigation for abusing her powers - and we'll see how that plays out

Is she really Pro-Life?

No. She supports the death penalty. Star for the above, S&F for the OP

Its the typical American Christian hypocrisy though

Tell people how to live their life according to the bible - even though the bible its self tells you that you should not tell others how to live their life

hilarious

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
All life is sacred!

Except, you know, people we want dead.

Oh wait, some of you aren't even guilty of the crimes you commit? Sorry too late

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
the same people who tell you abortion is wrong

will tell you that pulling the plug on a crippled loved one is right

neither person gets a say in their demise, but we get to decide for them

conservatives really need to reevaluate their belief structure

because everything they believe is created in order to oppose anything a democrat says

if the DNC campaigns that rainbows were pretty creations given to us by God as a promise to never flood the earth again

the conservatives woudl respond by saying that GOd doesnt exist, because to admit so would say that the Dems were right

its pathetic.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Wiggin, I believe it was you who pointed out that she has been in politics for 12 years, not 2.

And yes, being for the death penalty is also "pro-life." It's PRO the lives of everybody except the person being put to death.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Wiggin, I believe it was you who pointed out that she has been in politics for 12 years, not 2.

And yes, being for the death penalty is also "pro-life." It's PRO the lives of everybody except the person being put to death.

Why don't you explain that to the dozens of poor souls that spent years on death row, or spent nearly all their life in prison because of our legal system, only to find out later with advances in technology that they didn't do the crimes they supposedly committed?

I'm all for the death penalty, but only if they can find without a shadow of a doubt through scientific means and serious deliberation that the person should be put to death, whether that's through execution or spending the rest of their days in a prison until they die.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

You know, I have never really agreed with your views before, but for this one I do.
Abortion and death penalty crap, and war... All things they use to divide us. That is all.

We need freedom of choice. There is no way around it. Funny how both Dems and Republicans will talk about making sure we have certain freedoms, yet they strongly oppose the others'.

Democratic-leaning politicians seem to want to control us being able to bear arms. While the Republicans claim to be all for our right to bear arms.

The Republicans are severely against abortion, yet all for death penalty?

Democrats claim to be anti-war. But I have been noticing more and more that both parties want to continue this war for profit. They are both the same, just trying to keep US divided. As long as we are divided, we can keep bickering about how people with the opposite views should lose their rights.

Example, democrats wanting freedom of abortion, but wanting to control republican's guns.

Gun-toting republicans, trying to ban abortion.

Bah, I've officially woken up to this. They divide us, by wanting to protect our chosen freedom, while wanting to ban the other side's.

Only the Libertarian party seems to represent all freedoms, without wanting to ban anyone else's.

Our system is broke. Why can people not see past this?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Our system is broke. Why can people not see past this?

Sorry for not being optimistic, but I don't think anything can really be done about it at this point, it's too cemented in the fabric of America. I mean yeah you can complain about it being a two party system and both sides being the same, but America is too complacent these days.

There would have to be a violent revolution or something, and I don't see that happening any time soon. I imagine this is probably how it started with the rumblings of America. I am sure it took quite awhile before there was a breaking point where the people said, "Screw you England we're out of here"

I think that breaking point will come eventually, and then it might get interesting.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yeah... You simply cannot justify somebody being all for the rights of a batch of parasitic cells, over an already existing human being who should have the 'freedom' that America was founded on....

AND, being all for protecting this batch of cells over the rights of already existing people....

Hmmm, so let me get this straight, someone convicted by their peers of a crime justifying their death is somehow morally equivalent to an innocent unprotected developing human, that has been proven to stay alive outside of it's "parasitic cells" attached to the womb. It's obvious you don't consider the unborn, human in any sense of the word, that to me is disturbing. So are you for partial birth abortion, when they are most definitely viable outside the human womb?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

To get this straight, my views do not come into play in this topic. Nothing to do with it.
I am ALL FOR abortion when a person can be an honest adult and admit that they do not WANT a child. And I definitely do not agree that an unwanted batch of cells should be forced upon somebody to carry, and bring into the world as an unwanted child. Nobody deserves to be brought into the world in such circumstance, and nobody should be forced to do ANYTHING with their own body. For all it's worth, I have a daughter I love more than the world. But am fixed, because she is my world. No more.

Nobody should be forced to carry a burden, in their own body.

And, for all it's worth, I am all for death penalty. Someone deemed harmful to society, is worthless in said society. Rapists, murderers, they lost their rights, when they took the right to safety, and/or life from another.

No, preventing someone from being forced to carry an unwanted fetus to term is not impeding on the rights of a living human, and when they make such a decision, it is theirs to live with. And theirs alone.

Everything happens for a reason. If that fetus did have a soul, then it probably deserved to be born to better parents, and WILL, if you believe in that sort of thing....

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Hmmm, so let me get this straight, someone convicted by their peers of a crime justifying their death is somehow morally equivalent to an innocent unprotected developing human, that has been proven to stay alive outside of it's "parasitic cells" attached to the womb. It's obvious you don't consider the unborn, human in any sense of the word, that to me is disturbing. So are you for partial birth abortion, when they are most definitely viable outside the human womb?

Pro-life means Pro-life, not Pro-innocent-life-only.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Jamie - it was you who pointed out that experience as a mayor in a small town doesnt count

she has 2 years experience by YOUR standards

you typed it - not me.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Jamie - it was you who pointed out that experience as a mayor in a small town doesnt count

she has 2 years experience by YOUR standards

you typed it - not me.

Wiggin, I think you must be drinking or smoking dope tonight. I never said that experience as a mayor of a small town doesn't count. What are you talking about?

It was you who pointed out:

Obama -11 Years Experience
Palin -12 Years Experience

Do you really need me to find your post and link to it?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Tell people how to live their life according to the bible - even though the bible its self tells you that you should not tell others how to live their life

try telling that to an anti-abortion advocate

they'll call you names and tuck tail n run

I support the death penalty
i also support freedom of choice - even when it comes to abortion

people who oppose abortion will almost always tell you that its okay in cases of rape

but they can never answer these 2 questions

why is it okay in rape? Its not the fetus's fault that the mother was raped. If you okay abortion in cases of rape - then you are doing so for hte best interests of the woman - not the fetus. So why is it okay?

and

If abortion is wrong - then why is pulling the plug on a cripled loved one okay?

They NEVER answer them

both here and in my personal life

everyone i've ever debated on the subject tucks tail and runs on those two questions

its because they're wrong
and horribly, pathetically, and shamefully so.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
From what I've seen, Palin appears to be fiscally conservative ( she cut her own salary). However, if she does attempt to use the Pro-Life stance as a wedge I really hope the pundits call her on the death penalty thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Unfortunately for a lot of the 'pro-life' movement, who actually believe in life on all levels, they are being manipulated by a group of people whose agenda for stopping abortion has more to do with the poverty involved with over population and the controls because of it.

Sometimes 'pro-life' is a term bandied about by people that I could only label as 'oxymorons'

DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Anyone who kills innocent animals for Sport has no right to call themselves 'Pro-Life'. She supports war and the killing of humans who are no longer in the womb. So far, most of the images circulating of her depict her firing guns, and someone needs to initiate a mute button when she talks with that irritating screaching high-pitched voice. And, as remarkable as it may be, what does her husband winning a snow-machine championship 4 times have to do with her credentials to serve as VP?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Pro-life means Pro-life, not Pro-innocent-life-only.

So you get to define the other sides position as well? Must be easier to win arguments that way. I support the rights of those not able to support them themselves. A convicted murderer does not meet that criteria.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

To get this straight, my views do not come into play in this topic. Nothing to do with it. I am ALL FOR abortion when a person can be an honest adult and admit that they do not WANT a child. And I definitely do not agree that an unwanted batch of cells should be forced upon somebody to carry, and bring into the world as an unwanted child. .......

Nobody should be forced to carry a burden, in their own body.

No, preventing someone from being forced to carry an unwanted fetus to term is not impeding on the rights of a living human, and when they make such a decision, it is theirs to live with. And theirs alone.

Your views and everyone else's view most certainly do come into play.

So if I am correct in stating your belief. a fetus is not a human since it is a tumor or unwanted batch of cells. If that unwanted batch of cells could survive outside of the women, would that make it human to you? You didn't answer my question about partial birth abortions I noticed, having problems coming up with an answer?

new topics

top topics

join