It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your Weather Photography Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Its getting close to that time of the year again when the place I live i starts to experience huge storms, including the occasional supercell. At this time of the year in the tropics we get many spectacular cloud formations and some great weather phenomena.

So while Im waiting for some weather to show up in my area, everyone can post there weather related pictures here

A note to Australian weather photographers, if you want, you can submit them to the Bureau Of Meteorology for our annual calender. I believe their is some kind of prize (probably a lame prize) for winning submissions

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is a cloud in the making..as it gathers moisture it reflects the light back and becomes that beautiful pearly colour / shimmery effect.

Oz weather man told me that!

Thsi one, well its B&W because I wanted to get a sense of the storm gathering over the mountains. Those little puff balls were going towards the large clouds, and boy did we get it later in the evening.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
There were lots of wispy clouds in my neighborhood during a heat advisory for the 'EAST BAY INTERIOR VALLEYS-SANTA CLARA VALLEY...INCLUDING SAN JOSE-552 PM PDT FRI AUG 29 2008.'

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
maybe gustov will have some good images.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I took these two pics a while back when I saw a storm brewing...sure enough we had a torrential downpour with plenty of thunder 30 mins later.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

Nice photos, the bottom of those clouds suggest that it was a pretty big storm, due to the content of the water. I cant wait til our wet season gets in full flight here so I can get some similar pictures

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hi guys i took this pic a few months back from the back of my yard in Perth Western Australia If you look at it for a few sec you will see a face in the clouds

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by duffster]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
Hi guys i took this pic a few months back from the back of my yard in Perth Western Australia If you look at it for a few sec you will see a face in the clouds

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by duffster]

Nice one

Its amazing what the effects of lighting at sunset can do.

Good to see a fellow West Aussie here too

new topics

top topics

join