It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater-linked firm to train Canadian troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
www.thestar.com...

I'm currently reading "Licensed to Kill" by Robert Young Pelton, so when this popped up in my news list at work the other day I was quite alarmed.

Mind you I find this stuff fascinating, but I'm not sure I want Blackwater muscling their way into Canada. It's only a matter of time I suppose.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thats just what we need..... to have our military trained by mercenaries who have been accused of killing civilians. The next thing you will hear is the use of U.A.V's used by these guys to poke their noses in our affairs. It's sad to think that we have to contract out specialized training to private security companies from the U.S. We have companies here in Canada that handle the same thing. I honestly do not like the idea of Blackwater training our military one bit. But then again, who am I to say what should be done, I'm just a tax payer that has to go along with this if it does happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I knew something was up with the law around her, aside from the extra new police on our force they're have been these security suv's driving around town over the past 6 months, the people inside armed and suited up like police officers but I dont see a badge... and also have no idea what they're providing security for, they're all over our city roaming around... its as if its a private force hired to patrol the streets as extra policing... definitly weird...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Are you in Canada, Spock?

I live in the capital...I can go scope out military/security vehicles whenever I like...practically in my backyard. There are black ones but nothing I can discern as being private.

top topics

join