It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: U.S. can bar mad-cow testing; larger companies avoid costly testing to compete with safe meat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Creekstone Farms Premium Beef wants to test all of it's cows for mad cow disease, as only a small percentage are currently tested by the USDA. The US District Court of Appeals has overturned a ruling that would allow them to do the testing. Why you ask?

Larger meat companies worry that if Creekstone is allowed to perform the test and advertise its meat as safe, they could be forced to do the expensive test, too.

Court: U.S. can bar mad-cow testing

Is this about someone bypassing, or performing more than the USDA? I don't even understand how the courts have the right to rule over that. It's basically a ruling against consumer protection, which happens to keep costs lower for other companies. I'll try to do some more research on the topic and get it back here.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Parabol]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This should really make you wonder what the hell is going on

I dont understand what the purpose of the ruling is or how it is possible that this is even possible for the government to impose a maximum level of testing.

It boggles the mind.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It is all to be expected in a government no longer of, for and by the People.

NWO interests come first. Who cares if a few people die (or a lot of them for that matter), as long as profits are up?

Yeah, well. I can't believe that a court thinks it has jurisdiction over whether a company can test their edible products for pathogens...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
There's also been lawsuits brought about regarding companies that advertise non-hormone treated dairy products. I think it was in Pennsylvania.

This looks to be the same mentality.
We can't be told if our foods are healthier :shk:

new topics

top topics

join